• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fun alternative to room cake delivery!

GEM

Mommy to Paul - 1lb 7oz wonder
We get tons of posts on here asking about having a cake delivered to the resort room as a special welcome surprise, birthday celebration, etc. And, we all know that the Disney cakes are EXPENSIVE and a lot of people end up disappointed with what they get. And, not all resorts are able to provide the service at all.

So...I thought I'd throw out this alternative suggestion. We've used this company several times and been very pleased. They will hand deliver to the Disney resorts.

The company is called "Cookies By Design" and they do the cutest cookie arrangements. I'm attaching a link to their Mickey and Friends page, but, if you click on the link for "Licensed Designs" you will see that they also do Disney Princess ones and Winnie the Pooh ones. The prices are very reasonable and you can personalize the message on the cookies. They also have special ones for holidays...Christmas, Valentines, Halloween, etc!

Hope this helps someone!

http://www.cookiesbydesign.com/gift-baskets/disney-gifts

We've had a couple of them, and they were pretty tasty! They are sugar cookies, of course, but they weren't too hard like sugar cookies can be. (I like them kind of soft.) We ate them up!:goodvibes

We get tons of posts on here asking about having a cake delivered to the resort room as a special welcome surprise, birthday celebration, etc. And, we all know that the Disney cakes are EXPENSIVE and a lot of people end up disappointed with what they get. And, not all resorts are able to provide the service at all.

So...I thought I'd throw out this alternative suggestion. We've used this company several times and been very pleased. They will hand deliver to the Disney resorts.

The company is called "Cookies By Design" and they do the cutest cookie arrangements. I'm attaching a link to their Mickey and Friends page, but, if you click on the link for "Licensed Designs" you will see that they also do Disney Princess ones and Winnie the Pooh ones. The prices are very reasonable and you can personalize the message on the cookies. They also have special ones for holidays...Christmas, Valentines, Halloween, etc!

Hope this helps someone!

http://www.cookiesbydesign.com/gift-baskets/disney-gifts

We love Cookies By Design. I always have these delivered to the hospital when someone is having a baby- the designs are great. But I never thought of it for Disney. What a great idea. We're heading down in 2 wks- I think I'll have these waiting in the room upon our arrival (if possible)!

Disney won't deliver anything (their stuff or outside stuff) to your room before you check in..unless you're staying on the concierge level. So, they won't be in your room when you walk in. They will send them up shortly after you check in, though. You don't have to be in the room. We usually check in, go eat or go to a park for a bit, and whatever we have ordered is waiting in the room when we get back.

They're gorgeous and what a fun and different idea!

They still seem a little on the high end to me for pricing, the sugar cookies average out to about $10 per sugar cookie :faint:

Holy cow those are pricey!:scared1:

Since this isn't restaurant related, moving to the Orlando Board :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter