Fulton's signature dinner-TERRIBLE!

mama03

DIS Veteran
We arrived at Fulton's around 6pm and inquired at the front desk where to go for the event. Oh, it does not start until 7pm. What, I wrote down the time, thats weird. We decided to go sit and people watch for 45 minutes. We return and the staff tell us its on the third floor we are welcome to take the stairs or elevator. When we made it to the top we went to check in, the hostess said oh, we have been waiting for you. As we looked around everyone was already eating and drinking. The only thing left was a small platter of apps. Great, it actually started at 6:30. We found out later we missed steak bites and shrimp. What we did have was stone claw, tuna tartar, and huge scallops with champagne. The views were lovely outside. We only had one plate as it was time to be seated for dinner. We sat with 3 other couples. One had been coming to f&w events for years, they brought another couple with them. Another couple this was their first event. I actually apologized to them for this meal as it was so bad and let them know this was not the norm for this type of event. We sat down and had lovely conversation with everyone at our table. I looked down and read the menu, only three items would be served including dessert. I thought to myself WHAT? First course, Salad, Seared Langoustine with mache and wild mushroom salad with white balsamic vinaigrette served with decoy sauvignon blanc by Duckhorn. To the left is the mushrooms, to the right one langoustine over watercress and that big thing on top is a grilled lemon. The was not bad I like the flavors but nothing special. The entree, Charcoal grilled line caught halibut(dry), blue crab yukon gold potato puree(basically mashed potatoes with bits of crab on top), crisp cioppolini(this was terrible, think over fried fish), and pork belly lemon white vermouth reduction(this actually was pretty good with the fish, served with pouilly fuisse(spelled incorrectly on our menu). Now let me tell you we heard this from others too. Only one pour per person. Everytime we asked for a little bit more wine, were told they were out. Each bottle could not have been more than 25.00 per bottle, I found this absurd. Dessert was a white chocolate banana cheesecake with berry sauce( this was actually quite good), served with concha y toro, late harvest sauvignon blanc. Everyone we spoke with thought the meal was pretty bland. We feel this was more like a DDP meal than any kind of signature dining event. For this we paid $150.00 per person what a rip off. I truly feel that everyone should be reimbursed at least by half.
DSCN1060.jpg
[/IMG]
DSCN1062.jpg
[/IMG]
DSCN1070.jpg
[/IMG]
DSCN1075.jpg
[/IMG]
DSCN1074.jpg
[/IMG]
DSCN1077.jpg
[/IMG]
A final note I actually went back to complain about this poor experience. the manager e-mailed me to apologize and would like me to call him. I will but the dinner is done so not much they could do now.

I thought there'd more of a response, but maybe everyone's as boggled as I am. I could not find a review of last year's Fulton's F&W dinner or those at the other Levy's restaurants - was this typical?

I wouldn't have been too upset at missing the reception; in that moment, I think I would have been saving room in anticipation of a memorable (in a good way) dinner. I'm not a huge fan of Fulton's to begin with, but they just didn't seem to trying very hard here, even with the presentation. The only thing missing from that main was a plate with built-in sections.

I've only ever attended one but I expect the F&W signature dinners to be at least one level (if not more) above a normal night. Dis_Yoda's pics of the Brown Derby F&W dinner were more in line with what I imagine they should be and for roughly the same price (+$5) it beat the snot out of OP's dinner. Sorry for the poor experience.

I'd like to know what the manager says.

I'd be pretty hacked if an employee told me a time that was later and I missed a portion of it; not to mention, for that price I'd expect more food/wine than that.

I'm another one that will curious to hear about the manager's response! Personally, I could be really annoyed if I was half an hour late because the employees told me the wrong time. Not only were you sitting around doing nothing for an hour because of that, but you missed out on some of the food that you paid for. Aside from the quality of the food you got later on, that's just sad.

Wow....I'm sorry you had such a poor experience! Those F & W events are expensive, and supposed to be special. This was completely unacceptable.

For the same price, I had an AMAZING, truly special experience at the Brown Derby. I would not pay for than $30 what all the stuff you showed photos of. They looked bland, boring, and lacked any real presentation. And what's with the stingy wine pours?!?! The two events I went to that had wine gave us unlimited pours!

I'm really curious to know what the manager says!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter