Full Vaccination Required Ages 5+ Starting 1/13/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mom and I booked a last-minute Cruise for this coming Monday. Please don’t take this the wrong way we have nothing against kids in fact I have 2 myself LOL. My mom is now concerned that our ship going to be excessively full of unvaxxed kids under 12 as perhaps many families changed sailing dates last minute before this policy takes affect 🤷‍♀️ Has anyone heard that people have done this? the sailing is still showing tons of xGTs So it’s still must be empty overall.

Don’t the kids have to be vaccinated for 14 days? And wouldn’t they only have had their first shot, if they were? Seems this week might be too early for parents to suddenly inundate any ship with their little ones.

But that’s just a guess. I could be wrong.

Don’t the kids have to be vaccinated for 14 days? And wouldn’t they only have had their first shot, if they were? Seems this week might be too early for parents to suddenly inundate any ship with their little ones.

But that’s just a guess. I could be wrong.
Not for our cruise this coming Monday on Dec. 6th.. The new policy for 5+ doesnt go in affect until Mid jan. So I am thinking maybe though who are against giving their kids the shot are moving any 2022 winter/spring cruise to now last minute before this policy takes affect. KWIM?

My mom and I booked a last-minute Cruise for this coming Monday. Please don’t take this the wrong way we have nothing against kids in fact I have 2 myself LOL. My mom is now concerned that our ship going to be excessively full of unvaxxed kids under 12 as perhaps many families changed sailing dates last minute before this policy takes affect 🤷‍♀️ Has anyone heard that people have done this? the sailing is still showing tons of xGTs So it’s still must be empty overall.
I mean, I guess it’s possible, but I doubt it. I’m sure there are some families who have moved up their sailings due to the mandate, but this is a very expensive time of year to travel and it’s hard for most people to get away right now with end of year work plus exams in school. I wouldn’t worry too much.

So kids under 12 would be allowed to sail unvaccinated on any DCL cruise before Jan 13th, right? Even if that cruise extended over the date of the 13th. There is a Fantasy cruise that leaves Jan 8 and comes back Jan 15th....unvaxxed kids would be OK to sail on that one? Also, is DCL offering any medical exemptions for vaccines? Just curious

Yes, this is happening. I don't know to what extent though.

Looks like Biden admin is considering a plan to make it mandatory for all travelers to quarantine and isolate for 7 days after returning to the US, regardless of vaccination status. And increased testing requirements.

That’s going to make the cruise and travel industry suffer again. And with constantly changing rules, who in their right mind would book a vacation right now?

Looks like Biden admin is considering a plan to make it mandatory for all travelers to quarantine and isolate for 7 days after returning to the US, regardless of vaccination status. And increased testing requirements.
Prior (err current) measures were fairly targeted at air travel, and had different (and for US citizens much more relaxed) requirements for land and sea borders. I'm hopeful that this will be the case here too.

And with constantly changing rules, who in their right mind would book a vacation right now?
I'm booking tons of vacations right now, but I do it fully accepting that I may have to change my plans at the last minute. It's just the reality of the situation--I was supposed to go to Austria for vacation a bit less two weeks ago and the morning that we were supposed to leave they announced that they were instituting a full lockdown. No big deal--we just adjusted our plans to go to Switzerland instead.

For that reason, I'm also significantly preferring cruise lines with generous flexible change policies. Royal Caribbean group is allowing penalty-free cancellation for any reason up to 48 hours before the cruise. DCL is a bit better than usual, but they're a fair bit less generous than the competition, and I'm especially annoyed that they insist on penalizing Concierge more than non-Concierge guests in this ever-changing environment.

I mean, I guess it’s possible, but I doubt it. I’m sure there are some families who have moved up their sailings due to the mandate, but this is a very expensive time of year to travel and it’s hard for most people to get away right now with end of year work plus exams in school. I wouldn’t worry too much.
I agree. Also, remember many companies refresh vacation days on January 1—so even if someone wanted to reschedule a family trip earlier, they may not have time off to do so. I’d be more worried about crowds the first week in January from something like this happening.

You'd have to pull kids right when they got back from break though... would many parents really be willing to do that? Depending on where you live early Jan is a terrible time for travel, even pre-covid my flights were always very iffy. There is only one reason to put yourself through the hassle and tons of reasons not to.

That’s going to make the cruise and travel industry suffer again. And with constantly changing rules, who in their right mind would book a vacation right now?
Not surprising and may even be necessary, but it still sucks. So does that mean those of us that were planning on driving to port from Canada will have to quarantine in Buffalo before continuing on to Florida and then quarantine in Cocoa Beach before continuing the drive home? Or will our travel be considered quarantine (even though we'd stop for gas, food and hotels 2 nights)? And then there's the PCR test we have to get a couple of days before entering Canada and probably quarantine at home, too.

My head is spinning from all these changes.

Yikes. That would be problematic for me. We're booked VGT for a cruise at the end of Jan. My supervisor just told me today he's leaving, and I'll likely fill his position. Keeping that one week off is going to be difficult enough, whether or not I take the promotion; there's no way I'd be approved for 2 weeks.

Yikes. That would be problematic for me. We're booked VGT for a cruise at the end of Jan. My supervisor just told me today he's leaving, and I'll likely fill his position. Keeping that one week off is going to be difficult enough, whether or not I take the promotion; there's no way I'd be approved for 2 weeks.

I think those guidelines are for air travel, not cruise travel. I mean, who knows, but that's what I had seen, the quarantine and testing would apply to those flying into the US. I don't think cruising was a part of that.

But in general, that is something to factor in when traveling. I know some friends were supposed to go to Ireland earlier this year and they decided it wasn't worth it if they ended up having to quarantine. They both couldn't take that much time off of work plus the expense of being in a hotel (if they were still abroad), etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter