• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Full Service Food & Bev

LMKerins

Mouseketeer
Following in Broghantaylor's footsteps, is anyone a current or future FSFB-er? Can't wait! : )

I was fsfb when I did my program in the spring! I've been snooping around on the disboards lately because I miss it! haha I want to do a PI when I graduate though, so I've been looking for info about those on here as well lol

But if you have any questions about the fsfb role, let me know! :)

Same here! I'm currently in FSFB at the Grand.. statused to Narcoossee's, but I've worked just about everywhere there!

To current or past CPers:
Where are some of the places that CP's work in FSFB?
What's your favorite (or least favorite) thing about your role?
Also, do people pick up shifts in other restaurants or do you stick to your own?

Also, do people pick up shifts in other restaurants or do you stick to your own?

1) You could be placed at most full service restaurants, whether they're located in a park or a resort.

2) Favorite? Probably guest interaction, but I pretty much lucked out with my location (see above). Least favorite? Behind-the-scenes work, mostly stocking or setting tables, but that's a position that all seaters take turns doing. And some restaurants don't even have their seaters/hostesses stock, it depends on the location.

3) At my location, we pretty much stick to our own, but you are able to pick up shifts at other restaurants. My roommate was able to pick up a shift at a restaurant other than her own earlier on in this program, but since it's a new menu/seating chart, they usually stick you as a greeter or clearing tables. And even though I don't really pick up shifts at other locations, there are always part timers looking to pick up shifts, or other cast members looking to give a day away.

Like Coorsie said, you could pretty much end up at any table service restaurant, whether in the parks or at a resort.

My favorite thing about being a seating hostess was definitely the guest interaction - especially while you're waiting for a ticket to pop up, you can just walk around and talk to guests. It's also really fun when you or the guest realize you're from the same state - it's like a little bonding moment. Then you can take their ticket and take them to the table, continuing your conversation. :) I loved talking to people, finding out where they're from, hearing a funny story from their day or something. Also, if they are newlyweds, there's a birthday or first timers, we could use our phone at the podium and call up Mickey or Goofy or some other character, put them on speaker and they would have little messages meant "just for them!" It was so fun. I don't know if they have that at every restaurant though. Also, something that was specific to Sci-Fi, the seaters got to put on a pair of roller skates - which was pretty entertaining, especially during slow hours. I opted out most days though because I didn't want to take the chance of falling flat on my face and injuring myself or someone else lol

My least favorite thing was definitely stocking. Oh how I hated stocking. At my restaurant, this involved: sorting out clean silverware in the kitchen and taking it out to the silverware stations, refilling the milkshake machines, refilling the waiters' ice bins, refilling the bartender's ice bin, making sure the waiters and bartender have enough clean glasses, sundae glasses, mugs, etc. - refilling as needed, and then do it all over again.... and again... and again. Although if you're efficient, you usually have some down time while waiting for the silverware to come out or something where you can just chill out for 10ish minutes every now and then. I don't think I ever stocked for my entire shift, it's usually just the 1st part or the 2nd part - before or after your lunch break, although I knew it to happen to other people where they were stuck stocking for their entire shift. :/ But you do get more interaction with the servers that way - which can either be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on if you like them or not. There was a dishwasher at my location that kind of creeped me out sometimes and one that was Asian and always told me I looked like his daughter... haha so sometimes it depended on who was working whether I enjoyed stocking or not - or whether I had gotten enough sleep the night before to have enough energy for the constant heavy lifting of buckets full of ice lol

I never picked up a shift somewhere else because I didn't feel like sacrificing one of my days off for extra hours. lol Although a few times I looked around to see what locations were available to pick up shifts without any extra training and the only one that ever popped up was Liberty Tree Tavern in MK - I guess they were often short staffed or something.

I'm arriving on 1/24 as FSFB. SO excited but totally a little nervous. I feel like so much is up in the air regarding housing and where I'm working. Yikes. Still, I can't wait. :) Thanks for all the information, everyone!

I'm still a little bit new to this, but if you're in FSFB, is there an option for you to become a server? I've only seen people discuss being a busser or a seater.

I'm still a little bit new to this, but if you're in FSFB, is there an option for you to become a server? I've only seen people discuss being a busser or a seater.

I'm 99% sure the answer is no. I'm pretty sure CPs can only be hosts for FSFB

How many days/week do you usually work? Also, I know a lot of the restaurants stop seating pretty early. Does this mean you don't work as late hours as some other CP's? I've heard some people like merch work until 4 sometimes! Yikes

How many days/week do you usually work? Also, I know a lot of the restaurants stop seating pretty early. Does this mean you don't work as late hours as some other CP's? I've heard some people like merch work until 4 sometimes! Yikes

I worked at sci-fi and usually got 2 days off every week. Usually your days off will always be the same (at least that's how it was at my location) every week. But every now and then it was kinda sporadic and I would work like, 10 or 12 days without a day off. But for the most part.. work 5 days, 2 days off.

To answer your next question, don't worry - you'll never have to stay until 4 in the morning. The latest I ever got off was around 11pm I think. But it's only ever that late if you're LG (last guest) and there extra magic hours lasting until 10pm. LG means you have to stay until every single guest has left the restaurant - and then you have the other LG duties, like cleaning the podium area, replacing the dinner menus with lunch for the next day, putting up ropes if needed, etc. Usually you're stuck with LG if you're the last person to clock in that day. And if I remember correctly, we always stopped seating 30 minutes after the park would "close" or whenever EMH ended.

Hope that helps! :)

Btw Lisa, I just checked out your blog. It's so cute! The Aladdin story.. hilarious. haha It reminds me of a similar experience of a little girl involving a birthday party at mcdonalds and a clown that insisted on chasing around the little kids at the party - which this little girl did NOT find amusing and was scarred for life from the incident... *shudders*

Also... loved the "Bring It On" reference on one of your post titles. :)

Thanks, Erinelise! I'm having a lot of fun writing it. Gives me something to do other than count down the days until check-in, haha. Thanks for all the advice!! I'm sure it will all come in handy next semester! : )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter