Full Meal at Epcot during Illuminations?

DisneyCookie24

Planning my Big Day in the Wonderful World of Disn
Just curious, has anyone ever done the full meal instead of just the dessert party at one of the world showcase lagoon areas during illuminations? Was the food any good? How did you like it? Any info would be great, Thanks!

Just curious, has anyone ever done the full meal instead of just the dessert party at one of the world showcase lagoon areas during illuminations? Was the food any good? How did you like it? Any info would be great, Thanks!

I know that I have read about others doing it, especially for a rehearsal dinner. They just used the rehearsal dinner menus. We are doing some desserts and some light snacks for our rehearsal "dessert" party since DF does not really like sweets. and I think it will be nice to add some hot foods since we are not having dinner with everyone. You can find some menus on the magic kingdoms website, it won't let me link it on here? Just type Disney Dessert Party Menus into Google and you should be able to find the website.

I had meals during Wishes and Illuminations.

For Illuminations, because I was an Escape bride, I was not allowed to do a full meal, so we had cocktail style food. It was good, and we all had it as dinner, but it is really casual, and only finger type foods. There were other amazing options to add on to make it larger and more "dinner like" (such as a fajita station), but we didn't have the extra $$.

For Wishes, at Sago Cay, we had a full sit down meal. It was really good, and my favourite meal ever in WDW.

If you are interested, the menus for both of those events, and pictures, are in my TR (link in signature).

One thing to know is that doing a meal triggers much higher food and beverage minimums than at a dessert party—anywhere from $1,500–$3,750, depending on location.

We did a full meal at our anniversary party at UK Pubside, but it was catered by the Rose & Crown, so it pretty much tasted like Rose & Crown food. For a wedding event, the meal would be done by Epcot's catering team.

I know that I have read about others doing it, especially for a rehearsal dinner. They just used the rehearsal dinner menus. We are doing some desserts and some light snacks for our rehearsal "dessert" party since DF does not really like sweets. and I think it will be nice to add some hot foods since we are not having dinner with everyone. You can find some menus on the magic kingdoms website, it won't let me link it on here? Just type Disney Dessert Party Menus into Google and you should be able to find the website.

Excellent! Thank you, I found the site you were talking about, it helps a lot! I didn't even think about that being a rehearsal dinner, I really like that idea. Thanks for the input!

I had meals during Wishes and Illuminations.

For Illuminations, because I was an Escape bride, I was not allowed to do a full meal, so we had cocktail style food. It was good, and we all had it as dinner, but it is really casual, and only finger type foods. There were other amazing options to add on to make it larger and more "dinner like" (such as a fajita station), but we didn't have the extra $$.

For Wishes, at Sago Cay, we had a full sit down meal. It was really good, and my favourite meal ever in WDW.

If you are interested, the menus for both of those events, and pictures, are in my TR (link in signature).

OMG I LOVE you're Wishes party. It was super cute! I think I may look into that more, and the dinner you had sounds delish! Just what we are looking for... Thank you so much! It helps!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1929739

Tom & Heidi's PJ/TR has a welcome dinner in it with pictures at Illuminations - try using the search tool to find it :)

Thanks for the link! I tried a search before and I didn't like what I came up with, but I just tried it again and found much better stuff, I must have used different wording this time... Thanks a bunch!

One thing to know is that doing a meal triggers much higher food and beverage minimums than at a dessert party—anywhere from $1,500–$3,750, depending on location.

We did a full meal at our anniversary party at UK Pubside, but it was catered by the Rose & Crown, so it pretty much tasted like Rose & Crown food. For a wedding event, the meal would be done by Epcot's catering team.

Good call on the minimums. I actually think we'd be spending more than that anyways because of the number of people we would be having... Actually, I know we would, so I don't have to worry about that, phew! I actually just bought your Passporter Wedding book that you did, and WOW it is amazing! Thanks for all that information! I am looking at it more now about the Epcot areas! What a life saver!!!!!!!

We had an illuminations reception planned, but didn't end up doing it in the end - we switched to an escape wedding. BUT, we did the food tasting with the EPCOT events staff - it was AMAZING!! 3 1/2 years later, my dad still talks about that tasting - he mentioned it on Sunday. :lmao: If you're going to do an EPCOT dinner, definitely request the tasting!

We had an illuminations reception planned, but didn't end up doing it in the end - we switched to an escape wedding. BUT, we did the food tasting with the EPCOT events staff - it was AMAZING!! 3 1/2 years later, my dad still talks about that tasting - he mentioned it on Sunday. :lmao: If you're going to do an EPCOT dinner, definitely request the tasting!

That's great to hear! Haha, that's funny too that he still brings it up! That is the same thing my dad would do. I will keep that in mind if we go that route! Thanks!

Sorry to thread hi-jack, but this excites me! I can't wait for my tasting now! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter