• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Full Hook-up Internet?

tngirl1979

Earning My Ears
I have been told by a cast member that there is Internet available at the Full Hook-up Sites. Is this true? I am worried because everywhere I read it is only available at the Preferred or Premium Sites. My husband needs the internet on one day we are there an it would be great to have it at the site so he doesn't have to leave the family.

Thank you!

I would have to say YES it does. Because a "Full Hook-up" includes the TV Hook up and the internet is a Cable Modem, you should be ok.

Just a word of advice, however. Their Cable modem allows for ONE wired connection to the modem. If you want wireless, you will need to bring your own wireless access point to use. They are cheap, but this way you can plug it into the Cable Modem as your one "Wired" connection and then use it for your Wireless devices (laptop, mobile phones, tablets, etc..) Otherwise, you get ONE connection and your laptop/computer must be connected to the Cable Modem by an Ethernet cable. Something that most tablets and mobile devices (beyond laptops) don't have.

I have been told by a cast member that there is Internet available at the Full Hook-up Sites. Is this true? I am worried because everywhere I read it is only available at the Preferred or Premium Sites. My husband needs the internet on one day we are there an it would be great to have it at the site so he doesn't have to leave the family.

Thank you!

Yes, all campsites have access to internet service via the cabletv network. DH will have to get an internet modem kit (free at the Meadow Trading Post) in order to access it. And during busy times they do run out of kits so don't procrastinate. And no, bringing your own doesn't work. No WIFI in the sites but there is WIFI at the Meadow Trading Post, the check-in building (Outpost), and the porch at Trail's End (what a winner).

Kinda curious where you read only Preferred and Premium sites had internet service. All the camping loops got internet service approximately the same time and it was many years ago so somebody's internet info is out of date.

Bama Ed

Ed, was wondering same thing.

All sites have cable, and thus have internet as long as you can score a modem set.

We had to get a converter box for our TV also, the TV didnt play nice with their Direct TV setup. Same situation with getting one through the trading post.

Yes, all campsites have access to internet service via the cabletv network. DH will have to get an internet modem kit (free at the Meadow Trading Post) in order to access it. And during busy times they do run out of kits so don't procrastinate. And no, bringing your own doesn't work. No WIFI in the sites but there is WIFI at the Meadow Trading Post, the check-in building (Outpost), and the porch at Trail's End (what a winner).
To further clarify, bringing your own Cable Modem (to hook up to the Forts cable TV system) to try and get Internet will not work. Bringing your own Wireless Access Point/Router WILL allow you to use the Forts Cable Modem Connection as a "Wireless" system. (You will, however, be responsible for your own configurations of such devices). Also bringing your OWN Internet access such as a Satellite Internet or Cellular Broadband will also work because that is exclusive of FWs Internet Connection.

Kinda curious where you read only Preferred and Premium sites had internet service. All the camping loops got internet service approximately the same time and it was many years ago so somebody's internet info is out of date.

Bama Ed

I am assuming that "all sites" truly means all sites, but just to be certain - that includes partial hookups (1500 and 2000 loops) too, correct? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter