*Full for now* Starting Early/Mid June Photopass CD Share

mareed

DIS Veteran
Updated to reflect group is currently full! Members are the following who I'll be in touch with via PM:
mareed (me)
EMAW
Worm761
mommyandmore
Jennyfyar
Holly

Hello all. I'm starting up a Photopass CD share for people with trips to WDW or DL from May 31 - June 15 and am looking for others to participate. I'll be the leader of the group, and will collect money and send copies of the CD out. I've been the leader of similar groups from the DIS 3 times before in June, Nov, and Dec 2007, so if you want references you could search here (if it's working!) or just ask. :goodvibes

Here's the general plan along with some details (modified from info posted by TotalSnowWhite):

1. A group (ideally 6 families) who will be at WDW or DL around the same time form a share group.
  2. The leader will determine how much each family owes (to cover the cost of the PhotoPass CD & shipping) and when it is due.
  3. Assuming a total of 6 families and pre-ordering the CD, the cost would be $21 per family. This is $100 Disney CD, and then $5 each (times 5) for making CD's and shipping to others. For a total of $125. Split 6 ways is about $21.
  4. If you want to join, post here and/or send me a PM with your trip dates. Once the group is full, I'll collect email address and move to email for further communication.
  5. Everyone goes to WDW or DL and has a fabulous time with their families and/or friends and gets their pictures taken by the PhotoPass photographers. Make sure to keep your PhotoPass card(s), but DO NOT CREATE AN ACCOUNT WITH IT/THEM!! If someone creates an account to view their PhotoPass photos, they will not be able to participate in the shared CD.
  6. The leader creates a GROUP ACCOUNT for everyone to upload their PhotoPass cards. Each member will receive the login and password for this account.
  7. The leader will set an earliest date and a deadline for everyone to upload their cards and edit their photos. The pictures will expire 30 days after the first photopass card is entered, so deadlines are firm.
  8. Once everyone's pictures are on the PhotoPass site, the leader will order the CD (with the money he/she collected from the individual families).
  9. After receiving CD's, the leader will make copies of CD's as necessary and send photos (including copyright release) to group members.

Hi,

We're going to be in DL from May 31- June 6 and I am interested in joining the group.

Is there a limit to what will fit on Disney's cd?

Thanks!

Emilie

Hi,

We're going to be in DL from May 31- June 6 and I am interested in joining the group.

Is there a limit to what will fit on Disney's cd?

Thanks!

Emilie

There's no limit to the number of photos that can be on the online account, and they'll send multiple CD's if necessary. My last group of 6 families had just under 2000 photos. I'm limiting the group to 6 families because any more than that gets cumbersome to manage, and also the potential of too many photos on the account makes it very slow to edit. I'll go ahead and add you to the group! Let me know if you have other questions. Once the group is full, I'll send a PM to everyone asking for email addresses to continue working out the details.

Terrific thanks! And thanks for arranging this, I'm sure it takes a fair amount of work! :flower3:

Emilie

i was so hoping someone would start one for these dates!! thank you so much! :goodvibes i would love to join you guys. my dates are june 1 to 8. hope to see you there!

Katrina & Angela,

OK, I've got you both down. Looking for 2 more, and then I'll close the group and start working details!

I'd like to join if I can. We wont be at WDW until June 16 thru the 24th. Is that going to be a problem?

Please count me in if you have room for one more family.
Going to WDW May 28 - June 4th.

Thanks,
Jenny

I'd like to join if I can. We wont be at WDW until June 16 thru the 24th. Is that going to be a problem?

Sorry, graceandemmasmom, but your dates won't work. I plan to order the CD around June 23-24, so you wouldn't have time to edit your photos after your trip. If you keep an eye on the boards or start your own thread, I'm sure you'll be able to get together with others with dates that will work with yours. :goodvibes

Please count me in if you have room for one more family.
Going to WDW May 28 - June 4th.

Thanks,
Jenny

That will work and make you #5.

Will be there May 31- June 7 if there is anymore openings!!

Thanks

Your dates also work, so that makes #6 and my group is full for now!

I'll send a PM tomorrow to the 5 people listed above with dates that work with mine, and we'll start to work out the details.

Thanks all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter