Full day at Epcot

Librarian80

Earning My Ears
Me and my husband will be at the F&W Festival in October, and I'm wondering if we should plan to do something else later that day. The park is open until 9pm the day we'll be there and we'll probably sleep in a little from doing MNSSHP the night before.

Is there enough to do at Epcot for (nearly) a full day?

Last edited:
more than enough - Soarin', Test track, the new Frozen, Mission: Space, Nemo, Turtle Talk,

With what's in FW combined with F&W, one day might not be enough. I go 5 nights/6 days for F&W and spend a part of every single day at Epcot, I usually do the mornings at another park and move over to Epcot for the booths and seminars.

I typically spend a full day at Epcot both with family and by myself. There are more than enough to keep you entertained between FW and WS. Outside of the big ones mentioned above, I enjoy the theater shows in Canada, China, France and American pavilion. There's the recent frozen attraction that could absorb time if your waiting standby. I would recommend the Behind the Seeds tour in the Land as well if you have a spare 45 minutes through the day. Not expensive at all and typically space is available.

Try to get a late breakfast reservation at Garden Grill (so you can still sleep in a little). We at there the last time we visited and it was really good. We were absolutely stuffed when we left and needed a couple of hours just walking around to let our breakfast settle. So, that could be the first part of your day. Then, after breakfast has settled, jump on some of the rides (make sure to get fast passes, if possible).

During F&W, I personally enjoy spreading out Epcot over several days (rather than one long day) so that I can sample more of the different food stations. It's especially enjoyable to stay in the Epcot resort area, for that reason, so that World Showcase is walking distance from the hotel.

We always spend a few days in Epcot, especially when the F&W Festival is going on. World Showcase opens at 11:00 and there are about 30 booths from all over the world with small samplings of food (generally cost between $3.00 and $7.00). You can get a F&W Passport (they are given out free) and work your way around the world trying out all the different food and drink choices). The Passports list the different items for sale in each country. The CM's will stamp your passport from their country when you order some food and you can check off the ones you tried). There are also concerts each night in the American Garden Theater (not sure of your dates but some examples are (38 Special, Styx, Christopher Cross and Billy Ocean). Shows are at 5:00 6:30 and 7:45 and last about 20 to 25 minutes each. Each night at 9:00pm IllumiNations is shown (great light and fireworks show on the lake). There is so much to do in Epcot you will want to spend more then one day there.

Linda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter