FULL 7DMT ride - no cuts at all

This shows the entire ride - no cuts at all. It has the entire dark portion and the cottage scene at the end...

Courtesy of Attractions Magazine

http://youtu.be/R0wJar2XF2U

Dark ride portion - 33 seconds plus the lift hill
Ride Duration - approx. 2:40

Thanks for posting-looks great, at least for what it is IMO.

Do you mean in the 60 seconds in the dark, the track starts to go up hill where the Dwarfs walk next to you-Not sure what you meant.
And what is that ceiling mural just before the 2nd drop?

Also the video starts as it's going down hill-is there a climb before that? Or do you walk up some stairs or something to get on up there?

Do you mean in the 60 seconds in the dark, the track starts to go up hill where the Dwarfs walk next to you-Not sure what you meant.

Also the video starts as it's going down hill-is there a climb before that? Or do you walk up some stairs or something to get on up there?

Pretty sure those stairs are emergency exit stairs?

Looks exciting and a great family coaster.

In person may be different but I felt the music should be playing the whole dark ride portion. The grunting noises where odd to me. Can't wait for it to open and get some rider feedback.

I bet the back is better to ride than the front. Guess I'll have to try twice and see for myself. Fingers crossed!

Compared to Fantasyland dark rides, it looks really awesome. Nice to see no cheaping out like on some of the more recent attractions. Compared to other roller coasters it doesn't look too exciting, but hopefully most aren't expecting it to.

It looks great for what it is, a Fantasyland dark ride. I do wish the dark ride portions were longer, as that's what this ride is about, not the coaster portion. Anybody who was waiting years for this to be a genuine thrill ride is likely going to be disappointed.

I think it looks great and an awesome family ride!

Regarding the music, I read somewhere that there are currently issues with the music and sychronization and not in the right spots and that's one of the reasons for the delay in opening (take that for whatever it's worth since I can't even remember where I read it), so what that video is showing may not be the full and final experience.

Looks exciting and a great family coaster. In person may be different but I felt the music should be playing the whole dark ride portion. The grunting noises where odd to me. Can't wait for it to open and get some rider feedback. I bet the back is better to ride than the front. Guess I'll have to try twice and see for myself. Fingers crossed!

If this is the same video I watched a little while ago it shows the perspective from both the front and back of the train. For whatever reason the first ride through up front played half the music and you can hear the rest when you watch it from the back. Maybe just for testing purposes it sounded like that but there is music playing the whole time during the dark scenes:) I thought that was weird too till I watched the second time

The shadows? I don't typically count the lift hill, but that is just me. Once I clear the last Dwarf I've done. It would be like counting the lift hill on Everest or BTMR as part of the dark ride portion.

And yes, the ride starts immediately downhill and out to the first lift hill.

I will add that I think it looks pretty sweet. It's not my cup of tea but it fits the bill it was designed for.:thumbsup2

Now we can all discuss Avatarland for the next 3 - 4 years. :lmao:

I think it looks great and an awesome family ride!

Regarding the music, I read somewhere that there are currently issues with the music and sychronization and not in the right spots and that's one of the reasons for the delay in opening (take that for whatever it's worth since I can't even remember where I read it), so what that video is showing may not be the full and final experience.

But more importantly, no video can capture what it's like to be ON the ride, either. Only the human eye can capture all the nuances.

If this is the same video I watched a little while ago it shows the perspective from both the front and back of the train. For whatever reason the first ride through up front played half the music and you can hear the rest when you watch it from the back. Maybe just for testing purposes it sounded like that but there is music playing the whole time during the dark scenes:) I thought that was weird too till I watched the second time

In the second part of the video, where they are riding in the back, the 'heigh ho heigh ho' music is missing.

I think it looks like great fun for the family! Can anyone tell me if there is a height requirement and also if there are lap bars or anything else to hold you? Thank you!

I think it looks like great fun for the family! Can anyone tell me if there is a height requirement and also if there are lap bars or anything else to hold you? Thank you!

38" and it appears to have lap restraints.

That looks really fabulous. I think a lot of people are really going to love it.

Unfortunately for me, it looks to be a bit too far up from "kiddie coaster" so with my neck problems I probably won't be able to ride. And with lines, I won't be able to send husband ahead to see if I can, and then go on the second time.

Thank you for sharing the video, it looks great and I can't wait to ride. The AA look amazing and I love how the ride slows down so you can take it all in (in the cave). Disney really did a fine job with this one. I am just hoping it will be opened by the time we get there in a few weeks. Crossing my fingers.

Love the dark ride portion and the sparkling diamonds, and the coaster hills are just right for my family. I won't be making a special trip to see it, but I will be looking forward to riding it when I'm next at MK, in a year or two. :)

Thanks for posting the video; can't wait til June!

Where in fantasy land is the entrance to the ride?

OMG! I work with the sister of the blonde girl in the back mine car! Crazy! She is a Disney Imagineer and has been working on this ride for a year and 1/2! Lucky! Wish I knew her well enough to ask her when is the official opening date?!?! Heck, I kinda wish she was my sister!!! :lmao: Well I hope we all find out tomorrow! :yay:

The shadows? I don't typically count the lift hill, but that is just me. Once I clear the last Dwarf I've done. It would be like counting the lift hill on Everest or BTMR as part of the dark ride portion.

I see. Yea I would 100% count that portion as part of the dark experience-but I would also count BTMRR's climbs as well as Splash's and Space's for sure-one of the best parts actually anticipating, actually EE as well since it goes through that brick structure. RNR?-yea I guess the first climb will count there. ;)

And yes, the ride starts immediately downhill and out to the first lift hill.

Thanks-they must have designed a slight incline as you walk to the loading platform-unless it just goes that far underground-it does appear to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter