• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fuji FinePix Z33WP.......Tell me what you think about it!!!!!!!

KALIGURL

Mouseketeer
I am looking to replace my Canon Powershot with a Fuji FinePix Z33WP. It has alot of features that I am looking for like being compact, waterproof, easy to use, and most important: price (about $150.00), etc.
Can anyone that has one let me know what they think of it? Or is there some other digital camera like it that would be better?

Here is a link to see it... http://www.fujifilm.com/products/digital_cameras/z/finepix_z33wp/

We bought MIL a Fuji Finepix camera (different model though) a few years ago. It takes excellent pictures, but runs through batteries like water. She even bought rechargable lithium ion AA's and they don't even last a whole day. I think it is because the display screen is large. I'm not too sure, but that is definitely a problem and a lot of the reported complaints were because of that and the long time it takes the delay for the camera to be ready for the next picture.

We have a Kodak camera and love love love it. Pictures are beautiful, battery is a rechargable one and lasts forever. I only charge my camera once a month.

DH has a Panasonic that takes beautiful pictures, but the display screen is very grainy so you think your pictures look bad until you see them on the computer. It also has a lot of confusing settings. So I wouldn't recommend that one.

If you've got your heart set on the Fuji, I would recommend looking for reviews on amazon for your model #. I can usually find a lot of product reviews on there.

I have the Fuji Finepix Z100 and it was under $100 and I love it!!! My battery is a rechargeable one and it lasts forever.

My husband is angry because he bought me a really expensive camera a Cannon D60 and I actually prefer my Fuji.

I recently purchased the Z33WP for our September trip, and I love it, but...

I am a semi-professional photographer, and I'm used to carrying around a $6K DSLR & lens outfit. Obviously, this camera isn't going to produce those kinds of images, but I was specifically looking for something cheap and waterproof (in that order), and this little camera fit the bill.

I took the camera to the pool with the kids a couple of times to play with it, and I was pretty impressed with the image quality.

The video function is also fun, but as far as I can tell the camera does not record sound while shooting video (I haven't looked at the owner's manual, which comes on a CD instead of a book.)

The reviews on this camera are really mixed - mostly because people are purchasing it with the expectation that it will do things it isn't designed to do (like take great pictures in near darkness - you can forget about getting anything without flash on any of the rides) It also doesn't have a very large zoom range.

This camera has a rechargeable battery, so the PP about eating AA batteries doesn't apply. Shooting video does eat the batteries a lot faster than stills.

If you're purchasing this as your only camera, you might be disappointed by its limitations. If you have another camera and are looking for something that just takes fun snapshots in places (water) where the other one can't go - this camera is a lot of fun.

I recently purchased the Z33WP for our September trip, and I love it, but...

I am a semi-professional photographer, and I'm used to carrying around a $6K DSLR & lens outfit. Obviously, this camera isn't going to produce those kinds of images, but I was specifically looking for something cheap and waterproof (in that order), and this little camera fit the bill.

I took the camera to the pool with the kids a couple of times to play with it, and I was pretty impressed with the image quality.

The video function is also fun, but as far as I can tell the camera does not record sound while shooting video (I haven't looked at the owner's manual, which comes on a CD instead of a book.)

The reviews on this camera are really mixed - mostly because people are purchasing it with the expectation that it will do things it isn't designed to do (like take great pictures in near darkness - you can forget about getting anything without flash on any of the rides) It also doesn't have a very large zoom range.

This camera has a rechargeable battery, so the PP about eating AA batteries doesn't apply. Shooting video does eat the batteries a lot faster than stills.

If you're purchasing this as your only camera, you might be disappointed by its limitations. If you have another camera and are looking for something that just takes fun snapshots in places (water) where the other one can't go - this camera is a lot of fun.

That's good to hear. I bought the same camera for our September trip, as well. I figured it'll be fun to have at the pool or even to get shots during those September Florida rainstorms. :thumbsup2

I bought this camera a couple of weeks ago for my trip to the Jersey shore. I didn't want to take my good cameras on the beach. I love the camera. It is limited in some areas such as zoom but I love it. I took it in the ocean with me and got some really cute shots of my DGS in the water. I also put it underwater to take pictures of algae and I loved the pictures from that also. I plan on taking it with me in December to take pictures on the water rides without having to worry about protecting the camera. It is well worth the money for what it does.

So I was at BJ's yesterday and they are selling it for $159.99 - $20.00 of at checkout, making it $139.99 :cool1:. That is the cheapest I've seen it. So now I need to decide by the 16th (coupon expires) if that is the camera for me.

It will be my only camera as I will be giving my old Canon to my DBF. I don't want to miss any precious moments with my 3 1/2 DS.

Would like to be able to take great close up pictures and be able to zoom in for great pictures also. I guess it needing to be waterproof isn't as important as great pictures at a decent price (hoping to pay no more than $ 175.00) so if anyone can lead me in the right direction . Brand isn't that important either. :confused3

Fuji makes a wide variety of P&S cameras. Their high end ones are some of the best. Their low end....well.....

The Z33WP would fall at that low-end. However, for it's intended purpose (low cost waterproof) I would give it a go. Let us know what you think.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter