Ft. Wilderness in September??

stobaugh6

Mouseketeer
We have reservations for two rooms at All Star Sports in September. My hubby is REALLY wanting to change our reservations to Ft. Wilderness instead. I have been lurking on this Ft. Wilderness camping forum for weeks and y'all have seriously made me fall in love with the idea. :thumbsup2

I have a couple of questions though.

1. I know it will be still be warm, but will we be miserable in a TT the end of September? Will it be comfortable sitting out at our campsite in the evenings?

2. We don't mind walking, we are at WDW after all, but are we going to regret not having a golf cart? We have enough kids that we would have to rent two and I just can't see spending that extra money.

3. Which loop to request? My kiddos (ages 17, 15, 13, 9, 6, 4 and 1) will want to be close to the pool and activities. I plan on cooking in our TT, so being close to restaurants isn't that important.

Thanks for the help!! :)

We went in August which was hot outside, but in our RV it was cold in the day time, but I ran a small fan on high the whole time, with the air on 72. We were freezing at night.
We had 8 of us coming in and out of RV. I was worried it would get hot but it was just fine.
We also sat out at night time and enjoyed it, we didn't have any problems with bugs like you would think for August weather.

You don't have to have a golf cart but it does make it easier. The buses are about every 20 minutes, so it's no big deal. I rode the buses a few times while my daughter had the golf cart. We love having golf carts as they are more for fun then anything else.

You wanted me to tell you what loop for you to stay at If I was you I would say that you should ask to be close to pool and activities. I loved staying at 100 loop but we have stayed at 1600 and enjoyed that site too. it wasn't too far from pool. From looking at the map 1300 or 1400 is close to the pool.

Hope I helped you a little, I know I didn't stay in September but I wouldn't think the weather would be much difference then August...

One of our mandatory months for a FW stay is my wife's birthday month, September. The weather has never been an issue. We do not have a golf cart and don't mind not having one. 600, 900, 1000, 1200, 1400 are loops close to the Meadows complex.

Enjoy your WDW stay.

We have reservations for two rooms at All Star Sports in September. My hubby is REALLY wanting to change our reservations to Ft. Wilderness instead. I have been lurking on this Ft. Wilderness camping forum for weeks and y'all have seriously made me fall in love with the idea. :thumbsup2

I have a couple of questions though.

1. I know it will be still be warm, but will we be miserable in a TT the end of September? Will it be comfortable sitting out at our campsite in the evenings?

2. We don't mind walking, we are at WDW after all, but are we going to regret not having a golf cart? We have enough kids that we would have to rent two and I just can't see spending that extra money.

3. Which loop to request? My kiddos (ages 17, 15, 13, 9, 6, 4 and 1) will want to be close to the pool and activities. I plan on cooking in our TT, so being close to restaurants isn't that important.

Thanks for the help!! :)

:welcome: You should 'always' be nice and cool in your TT with AC. As for sitting outside in the evenings in Sept. it will depend on your heat and humidity tolerance. Some people can relax like that and enjoy it - we can't. ;)

It is still very hot and humid in Sept. at FW or anywhere in the deep south (I'm a southern girl), and I love the heat, but do no stay out in it during the summer (and yes, it is still 'summer' in the south during Sept. LOL)

As for needing a cart - the word 'need' is relative! Lots of people enjoy riding in them vs. taking the internal buses (or walking, biking), but we have never rented one. So, in that respect, it is entirely a personal decision to rent one or not (they do not come cheap!).

Good luck in your decision!

As others have said -it will still be very hot and humid. You can also expect some thunderstorms and showers fairly regularly, but they usually pass in a short time. Your AC should keep you comfortably cool inside the TT.
No need for a golf cart at all. You will need to wait for a bus almost anywhere you stay. The difference with the Fort is that you will have the inernal bus system, then the additional transportation to the parks (ferry or bus). If you really want to save time, you can drive your own vehicle to the parks and park free as long as you have your pass with you. Or you can drive down to the overflow lot near check-in and catch the bus from there.
As mentioned, there are many loops close to the pools, etc. I think you will really enjoy FW with your family.

Both my girls' birthday are the last week in September so it was always a "mandatory" month for us too :)

We always found the weather to be mild but it depends on what you're used to. We're used to triple digit heat indices so mid 80s doesn't seem so bad.

I think you'll be fine using the buses and no golf carts, lots of people don't rent them. 1500 loop is perfect for pool and activities, right across from everything- pool, activity area, snack bar, sing a long and movie. It's a partial hook up site though so if you need sewer or have a large camper you wouldn't be able to book it. We've stayed there in our camper van, the popup, and the hybrid camper we had, I've seen plenty small travel trailers there as well- just depends on the rig you have.

We are from the Houston area, so we are pretty use to the heat and humidity. I wasn't sure if the weather was the same in Orlando in September as it is here in Texas. Sounds like it though. Lol!

Are the bugs bad during September?

We are from the Houston area, so we are pretty use to the heat and humidity. I wasn't sure if the weather was the same in Orlando in September as it is here in Texas. Sounds like it though. Lol!

Are the bugs bad during September?

The Love bugs can be bad. They are annoying but don't bite.

September is annual visit for us as well. 1400 loop is what my kids like we do not have a golf cart or rent one. We just got back this past Sunday and stayed at site 845 and it was a great loop and site. We always take bikes and walk. The Fort is much more fun than a resort!

Shawn

Dw and I have been to the fort in nearly all months and believe September to be the best. We have ac on the motorhome and have never needed heat. I watch tv outside on a portable set and have never been uncomfortable. The rains come and go, usually, short lived in Florida. Take a back pack w/ponchos and you will be fine. As for humidity it is almost the same as here in ga.. We have liked September because we felt it was the least crowded, however, with mnsshp beginning in September the crowds are there. Which brings up another reason to go, mnsshp is fantastic, candy, great parade w/headless horseman and quicker access to rides due to lesser tickets sold. As stated, love bugs are out. I take a bug sponge on a long handle and clean them immediately upon setup. If the front is kept waxed they come off easily.

Dw and I have been to the fort in nearly all months and believe September to be the best. We have ac on the motorhome and have never needed heat. I watch tv outside on a portable set and have never been uncomfortable. The rains come and go, usually, short lived in Florida. Take a back pack w/ponchos and you will be fine. As for humidity it is almost the same as here in ga.. We have liked September because we felt it was the least crowded, however, with mnsshp beginning in September the crowds are there. Which brings up another reason to go, mnsshp is fantastic, candy, great parade w/headless horseman and quicker access to rides due to lesser tickets sold. As stated, love bugs are out. I take a bug sponge on a long handle and clean them immediately upon setup. If the front is kept waxed they come off easily.
I agree with this, September is one our favorite times of the year to visit Disney. As for the bugs we have never run into them yet in September, are we just lucky?

We stayed the first week of September and it was great. It was hot and humid but at night it was perfect. The bugs around the camper was pretty bad but we didn't mind cause by the time we got back from the parks we were ready for bed at 10 and we weren't gonna be sitting around. During the day they weren't bad just after it got dark.

It is great camper there!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter