Ft Wilderness Cabins May 15-22. WE ARE DOING WHAT?

I just started reading this trip report today! Great report and thanks for posting it. :thumbsup2 So sorry about poor Niko, the rain and Amanda and Matt's illness. Oh and the sleeping arrangements....UGH! :scared1: But hey it's Disney and even on the worst day, there is a fun memory! Can't wait to read more...you have me hooked!

I just started reading this trip report today! Great report and thanks for posting it. :thumbsup2 So sorry about poor Niko, the rain and Amanda and Matt's illness. Oh and the sleeping arrangements....UGH! :scared1: But hey it's Disney and even on the worst day, there is a fun memory! Can't wait to read more...you have me hooked!

:welcome: and thanks for joining in. I have some funny pictures of Niko that I am going to put on the report for my last day. Thanks for Amanda and Matt too. I miss Disney so much already and it seems like September is forever away. The plans are in the making for that trip :thumbsup2. I have been trying to talk DH into a weekend trip since we have APs now ;).

We slept in today because we were going to DTD. Dale got up early to go take care of Niko though. I woke up after he came back and he asked me if I wanted to go home :scared1:. GO HOME are you kidding me? We still have one more day and another night here. I had promised Dallas that we would go to Goofy's Candy Co. GO HOME, NO WAY. So I go wake up the big kids to see how Amanda and Matt are feeling, and I hear "Mom, I don't feel so good" :eek:. Yes, this was coming from Tyler. Now I have 3 sick people at Disney so 50% of my group was sick :sad2:. Just great. Dale, Dallas and I decided to head on out to DTD.

DSCF2587.jpg

DSCF2589.jpg

We walked around for a while and we looked in some of the shops. I bought Matt's Mom a picture frame for his photo shoot picture. I got some of the Mickey ice cubes, salt and pepper shakers and some cookies. Well, since Niko had been a good sport I had to get him something too so this is his gift.

A new collar.
nikomay222.jpg

Dallas had been wanting to get to Goofy's so we went there next. He bought a little house thing that comes with a scoop and filled it with candy. Then he remembered this thing........
DSCF2595.jpg

Well, if you look at the ground in the picture you will see what came next. We had just sit down. And I took this...................
DSCF2600.jpg

It was now about 11:45 and we were hungry so we went to the best restaurant in DTD. You got it McDonald's. Once again there was a language barrier during the ordering process and somehow I didn't get what I ordered :sad2:. Dale just reordered and that took care of it. Well, while Dallas and I were at the counter waiting for our food Dallas turns to me and says "I'll be glad when we get home because I want to go on the computer" :scared1: :eek::scared: At this point I was so tired of being rained on and lack of sleep I turned to Dale and asked "Do you want to go home today?" It was now about 12 pm and it would be like us leaving our house at our usual 11-11:30 am. Dale waited for the rest of the food and Dallas and I went and found a table. When he got to the table he said to call the big kids and see if they wanted to leave. I called and Amanda asked Tyler and Matt. Since they all felt bad and wasn't planning on doing anything that day they all said yes. I told Amanda to start packing up everything so we could get on the road. We finished eating and headed to the cabin. We packed everything up and loaded the van. We had already stopped and picked Niko up at the kennel. We got $3.00 back at the kennel :lmao:. I walked in to check out and the CM asked if everything was OK? I told her we were just ready to leave because of the rain, she said from what she had seen it was going to rain all the following week too. She said we were clear to go and if we were due a refund it would come later :eek: refund? I wasn't expecting a refund. So, I got back in the van and we were pulling out of the parking lot at 2:04 pm. AND THEN THE BOTTOM FELL OUT. We got stuck on the turnpike for about an hour. As we were stuck in the crawling traffic the radio announcer said "Avoid the turnpike if at all possible. Traffic is backed up for 9 MILES, it is as bad as I have ever seen it":scared1::sad2:. So we sat in traffic and it rained and stopped and poured and stopped and rained and ........................you get the idea.

I took this on the way home.

nikomay22.jpg

I told Niko to smile we were on our way home and I swear the dog smiled.........:lmao:

We got home at 10:30 pm our time so we really made great time. I hate the drive down and back. I am not much for being in the car that long. It was really good to be home...................AND THEN IT STARTED RAINING HERE :sad2::sad1:

OH man, sorry you had to cut your trip short, but with 3 sick...what did they get sick from, the food, or the germs? That just sucked. The rain while there DID suck...it's JUST now getting nice enough to where we're NOT getting rain every day....for a short time anyways!! :) Niko looks happy tho! :)

I am so sorry that you guys left a day early. But, I can see why. It's miserable being sick while away from home. I hate that the trip report is over.

That stinks Dana! I hate that you had to cut the trip short but I completely understand why. I hate that the report is over too. :sad2: I guess we'll have to chat on facebook and your other PTR. :goodvibes Looking forward to hearing all about the next trip...I need to go over and catch up!

So sorry you got rained out. We all got sick after we got back from being in the rain, we all had ear infections to because we don't get to swim all the time and we swam almost everyday. So i feel for you....

On the happy side, thank you so much for the great Yak & Yeti food pics, shared them with my DH he so wants to eat there when we go in January....

It rained everday at 4pm when we were there and we aren't used to THAT kinda of rain being from the NW we are used to non-stop drizzle, not constant downpour..and you marinate in those Ponchos... Hahah

I'm sure Niko was happy to have his humans back with him and be home.... I'm sure your next trip will be magical.... :) *hugs to you*

Sorry you guys had to cut your trip short, but with 3 sick and the other 3 sick of rain, I see why! At least you'll be back in a couple of months! I can't wait to read about your new plans!

OH man, sorry you had to cut your trip short, but with 3 sick...what did they get sick from, the food, or the germs? That just sucked. The rain while there DID suck...it's JUST now getting nice enough to where we're NOT getting rain every day....for a short time anyways!! :) Niko looks happy tho! :)

I think it was the crud :scared1:. They were all coughing, sneezing, sore throat, runny noses. I keep telling myself, I say "self it will be better in September"...............:lmao: I am just praying for a quiet hurricane season. Niko was on cloud nine :cloud9:. We always put a pillow between the two front seats and that is where he rides.

I am so sorry that you guys left a day early. But, I can see why. It's miserable being sick while away from home. I hate that the trip report is over.

Thank you. It is miserable being away from home when you're sick. On our 2007 trip I got sick 2 days before we were to leave and come home and I was SICK. I was running a high fever I couldn't get out of bed. We left a day early that trip too. I didn't think I was going to make it home. I literally thought I would die on the drive home :scared1:. When we got home I went straight to the doctor and I had strep throat and a sinus infection. I really think the stress of a Disney trip lowers the immunity level....:lmao:

That stinks Dana! I hate that you had to cut the trip short but I completely understand why. I hate that the report is over too. :sad2: I guess we'll have to chat on facebook and your other PTR. :goodvibes Looking forward to hearing all about the next trip...I need to go over and catch up!

Thanks Leanne. I can't seem to get as "into" the planning yet for the September trip. I am excited about it I guess I am still getting over the May trip. We really had a good time in spite of the rain. I love being with my family, we don't get that much together time at home with our hours. We will chat on facebook and my Sept. PTR.

So sorry you got rained out. We all got sick after we got back from being in the rain, we all had ear infections to because we don't get to swim all the time and we swam almost everyday. So i feel for you....

On the happy side, thank you so much for the great Yak & Yeti food pics, shared them with my DH he so wants to eat there when we go in January....

It rained everday at 4pm when we were there and we aren't used to THAT kinda of rain being from the NW we are used to non-stop drizzle, not constant downpour..and you marinate in those Ponchos... Hahah

I'm sure Niko was happy to have his humans back with him and be home.... I'm sure your next trip will be magical.... :) *hugs to you*

I hope every one is better now? I had an ear infection the week before we went to Disney. I think I avoided getting sick at Disney because I got a good old steroid shot and strong antibiotics for that. We didn't even make it to the pool this time. I had pool days built into my plans though :sad2:.

I am glad some of my food pictures came out OK. Yak and Yeti is :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2. The food was so good. The banana daiquiri was very smooth and kinda tasted like banana baby food. I am a weirdo, but I love banana baby food :lmao:.

Those ponchos are like a sauna after the sun comes back out. I think I may invest in some rain suits................:rotfl2:. We get A LOT of rain here. It is so hot here that the heat will create it's own weather system. It was be sunny and pretty one minute and lightening will be popping all around you the next. That happened last July at the Blue Angels show.

Niko THINKS he is a human. I told my DH that it isn't a good thing that he doesn't realize he is a dog. I need to be Cesar over here :dogdance:

Awww, I'm so sorry that you guys had to head home early and half of you sick! That is no way for a WDW vacation to end. :guilty:

PS - Just wanted to let you know that I will be posting the MMM update in my TR tonight and I have quite a few pictures with you guys in them and I will also be posting all my candids and the photopass pictures. If you are interested make sure to head over and check it out and feel free to copy any of the pictures that you might want to keep for yourself. :goodvibes

The link is in my signature. :goodvibes

Sorry you guys had to cut your trip short, but with 3 sick and the other 3 sick of rain, I see why! At least you'll be back in a couple of months! I can't wait to read about your new plans!

Thanks Wendy :hug:. I am glad y'all had sunshine for your trip. I just felt like it was time to come on home. I know the big kids were ready to get home and get in their beds. Amanda hated being sick and having to sleep on the top bunk. She was scared if she had to barf she wouldn't make it to the bathroom. OOOOPS sorry Matt :scared1:. I will need my Dis friends help planning my September trip :goodvibes.....so come on over and help me out.

Awww, I'm so sorry that you guys had to head home early and half of you sick! That is no way for a WDW vacation to end. :guilty:

PS - Just wanted to let you know that I will be posting the MMM update in my TR tonight and I have quite a few pictures with you guys in them and I will also be posting all my candids and the photopass pictures. If you are interested make sure to head over and check it out and feel free to copy any of the pictures that you might want to keep for yourself. :goodvibes

The link is in my signature. :goodvibes

Thanks Lessa!! It seems like a long time ago, but when I think about it we have only been home 3 weeks this Friday. Being sick is bad enough, but being sick and Disney is the worst :sick:. I do go prepared with lots and lots of different meds, but they only help so much.

I have been lurking on your TR lately and not saying much :eek: yeah it is shocking for me. I will definitely be there to see more pix :thumbsup2

Oh, boy, I thought we had bad luck with Manny getting sick, you guys had a whole troop of sick ones. That's too bad that you ended up leaving early ,but you can only take so much rain and sickness. The night we left, I never thought that i'd think it, but we were all so tired and HOME was not sounding so bad.

Niko's collar is soooo adorable, and the picture of him with the glasses on is precious. It does look like he's smiling.

Glad the trip home was a safe one, but the traffic and the rain does not sound like fun.

I bummed that you're finishing up your report though:sad2:

I would love to come to the northwest. I think I could live there and really like it, well, expect for the cold........:lmao:. I always believed it rained so much in Seattle until our news said it rained more here than any where else in the country :scared1:.

Study Reveals Top 10 Wettest U.S. CitiesBy Andrea Thompson, LiveScience Staff Writer

posted: 18 May 2007 01:43 pm ET

"Do you think Seattle is the rainiest city in the United States? Well, think again.

Mobile, Alabama, actually topped a new list of soggiest cities in the 48 contiguous states, with more than 5 feet of rainfall annually, according to a study conducted by San Francisco-based WeatherBill, Inc."
Yep thats me.................:sad2::sad1::scared:

lol! I guess it depends on your definition of cold. I don't think Seattle is cold at all but I grew up here and then lived in Chicago for 10 years. Chicago is COLD. Ears snapping off of your face cold.

Seattle...in the 20's at night for a bit and we usually get 1 or 2 brutal cold snaps (more lately) but other than that it's relatively mild. And by brutal I mean 20's in the day. Which is nothing after -70 wind chill Chi-town!

Chicago actually has the same average rainfall as Seattle, just there it rains so hard it bounces back up. Here it drizzles...in certain months...a lot.

Or we try to tell people that, so they don't move here. :rotfl:

I just finished catching up. So sorry to read about the crud and the rain and having to go home early, very sad :(

I think with every trip, any trip, there are always low moments but as long as you hang on to all the good ones...the bad ones recede in the memory and allow you to start planning your next adventure, wherever it may be. I will keep my fingers crossed that it is DRY for your next trip!

Oh, boy, I thought we had bad luck with Manny getting sick, you guys had a whole troop of sick ones. That's too bad that you ended up leaving early ,but you can only take so much rain and sickness. The night we left, I never thought that i'd think it, but we were all so tired and HOME was not sounding so bad.

Niko's collar is soooo adorable, and the picture of him with the glasses on is precious. It does look like he's smiling.

Glad the trip home was a safe one, but the traffic and the rain does not sound like fun.

I bummed that you're finishing up your report though:sad2:
Thanks Pam :hug:. Poor Tyler seems to be the one who gets sick the most while at Disney. I hate that Manny got sick while there. I just really think it is the stress. It is always really nice to get home after vacation, I need a vacation from my vacation.

I love his collar. The of course I love anything with Mickey on it :thumbsup2.

It was nice to sleep in my bed and not on that couch in the cabin. It wasn't the most relaxing trip home due to the rain, but I was glad it was behind us when I got up Saturday morning.

lol! I guess it depends on your definition of cold. I don't think Seattle is cold at all but I grew up here and then lived in Chicago for 10 years. Chicago is COLD. Ears snapping off of your face cold.

Seattle...in the 20's at night for a bit and we usually get 1 or 2 brutal cold snaps (more lately) but other than that it's relatively mild. And by brutal I mean 20's in the day. Which is nothing after -70 wind chill Chi-town!

Chicago actually has the same average rainfall as Seattle, just there it rains so hard it bounces back up. Here it drizzles...in certain months...a lot.

Or we try to tell people that, so they don't move here. :rotfl:

LOL. When I watch re-runs of Frasier it really makes me want to be there. Amanda talks about moving there because she is a CIS major :scared1:.

Something really telling though, I think I have met people from every state in the USA, but I have never met anyone from Washington. So it must mean people never really leave there.

I just finished catching up. So sorry to read about the crud and the rain and having to go home early, very sad :(

I think with every trip, any trip, there are always low moments but as long as you hang on to all the good ones...the bad ones recede in the memory and allow you to start planning your next adventure, wherever it may be. I will keep my fingers crossed that it is DRY for your next trip!

Thanks. There are lows and highs. We use to go to Talladega twice a year for the races and it seems like I got sick about half the time. A lot of that was being out in the heat though. But boy was it fun :dance3:.

Ah man, sorry you guys had to leave early. No fun when you are sick and it is raining. Sep will be lots o fun. Going to check out ur ptr now.

Dana,
Just caught up where I left off! Sorry you guys cut your trip short; but, at least you have Sept to look forward to. When I came home and said I wanted to go back real soon everyone just raised their eyebrows at me. When I said a week in DEc or Feb when the crowds are low; well now they all want to go back!

Sept will be great! start taking your extra dose of Vit C NOW-LOL!

will check into your PTR in the coming week...
Connie

Ah man, sorry you guys had to leave early. No fun when you are sick and it is raining. Sep will be lots o fun. Going to check out ur ptr now.
Thanks Mary :hug:. It really did suck that they all got sick, had it not been for that I most likely would not have given in and said lets go home. I was sick of rain though :sad2:. I think September will be fun too.
Dana,
Just caught up where I left off! Sorry you guys cut your trip short; but, at least you have Sept to look forward to. When I came home and said I wanted to go back real soon everyone just raised their eyebrows at me. When I said a week in DEc or Feb when the crowds are low; well now they all want to go back!

Sept will be great! start taking your extra dose of Vit C NOW-LOL!

will check into your PTR in the coming week...
Connie

Glad to see you back Connie. My bunch does me the same way. I start planning our next trip as soon as I get home from one. The all think I am bonkers, but they get excited about going when the time comes.

I will have the three of us going on mega doses of Vit C and Omega oils........lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter