Ft Wilderness Cabin/Golf Cart

Kman2012

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

I have a reservation for 5 adults and 1 seven year old for a 4 night stay at the Ft Wilderness Cabins. I've read the standard rental golf carts only seat 4. They also have 6-seater golf carts but I heard there's not may and those cannot be reserved. My question is... what do people usually do in this situation? Spring for 2 golf carts during their stay?

Thanks

Yes, you would have to get 2 golf carts. Of course you can check back every day to see if you can switch it out for one that seats 6 if one becomes available. I have no idea what your plans are but if you are going to the parks for most of the day you might consider just using the internal buses. The cost to rent 2 golf carts can add up quickly if they are just going to be parked for most of the day. However, if you plan to hang around FW then they are worth the expense IMO.

Good luck!pixiedust:

We were just there and had the normal golf cart. We had 4 adults, a thirteen year old and a toddler. We made it fine. I saw plenty of people with six people in them. We had two adults in the back with the teenager... yep it was tight but doable and two adults in the front with the passenger holding the toddler on their lap. We had a ball and I would definitely not go to the expense of a second one unless the three adults that will be sitting in the back are really extra large.

I agree with Grumpymom73 and the option of using the internal bus system. We stayed there with a group ranging in ages from 5 to 75 and we didn't bother with golf carts at all. Some stayed at the campground during the day, some went to the parks. We just walked or used the buses and it was very easy for us.

Another possibility if all of you don't fit in a 4 seater - make two trips. Two trips with a golf cart would often be faster than waiting for a bus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter