Ft Wilderness cabin golf cart question

lopey1016

Earning My Ears
Hoping someone can help me out! Got a ressie in August for a cabin. Have only been to Ft Wilderness for hoop-de-doo, so please forgive my question. Where can you "drive" the golf cart to? Is there golf cart only parking somewhere and how do you find your rented one among all the others that I assume look the same? Is the advantage of having one not having to utilize the settlement busses? I guess what I'm trying to say is does having the golf cart prevent you from walking to your bus stop, boarding the bus, then getting off the bus to get to the parks? Any help or advice is greatly appreciated!

It's been a while since I stayed at FW, but the last time we did rent a golf cart. There is parking area down by the boat docks for carts and there is also one up at the bus stop at the front of the resort. You can also park at the trading posts. You can drive pretty much everywhere, the paths are marked.

Your cart will be numbered, so just remember the number. Some people also decorate their carts with something to make it stick out.

There is cart parking over by Hoop Dee Doo, as well as by the front bus stop (to Epcot, HS, AK), Settlement (MK, Trading Post), Pioneer Hall, Swimming Pools, Outdoor Movie Theater, and possibly a couple other places (the resort is completely golf cart accessible. I recommend a golf cart just for the ease, flexibility, and above all fun!

Hoping someone can help me out! Got a ressie in August for a cabin. Have only been to Ft Wilderness for hoop-de-doo, so please forgive my question. Where can you "drive" the golf cart to? Is there golf cart only parking somewhere and how do you find your rented one among all the others that I assume look the same? Is the advantage of having one not having to utilize the settlement busses? I guess what I'm trying to say is does having the golf cart prevent you from walking to your bus stop, boarding the bus, then getting off the bus to get to the parks? Any help or advice is greatly appreciated!

Yes. You will need to drive your golf cart to the either of the two main bus despots. Then leave it there for the day and retrieve on your way back. There is parking but from what I remember, it's not all that much.

I've stayed at Fort Wilderness and never felt the need for a cart. Just thought it was too much money for doing all that. I'd rather just wait for a bus and transfer than spend the $50/day. But that's me and there are plenty of carts at Fort Wilderness.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter