Ft. Lauderdale to Miami transportation (for pre-cruise stay)

maiapapaya

Totally DIS-tracted!
We are looking at a cruise out of Miami. The most affordable flight option for us will be to fly into Ft. Lauderdale. We would like to stay in Miami for a few days before the cruise.

Is there a good transportation service anyone can recommend that we can take from the airport in Ft. Lauderdale to a hotel in Miami? I just checked out the website for SAS and it says they are no longer servicing South Beach or Miami Beach hotels. We would rent a car at the airport if we had to, but would prefer not to rent a car until we are in Miami (just maybe for two days for sight seeing).

We are looking at a cruise out of Miami. The most affordable flight option for us will be to fly into Ft. Lauderdale. We would like to stay in Miami for a few days before the cruise.

Is there a good transportation service anyone can recommend that we can take from the airport in Ft. Lauderdale to a hotel in Miami? I just checked out the website for SAS and it says they are no longer servicing South Beach or Miami Beach hotels. We would rent a car at the airport if we had to, but would prefer not to rent a car until we are in Miami (just maybe for two days for sight seeing).
I think their wording gets misunderstood. We used SAS and flew into FLL with SWA (wow lots of abbreviations there) and had them pick us up at the hotel to take us the Wonder obviously at the Port Of Miami. We also used them when we disembarked to go back to FLL and had no issues.

I would send them an email or call if you have questions but I remember after reading further I got the point they were trying to make.

Heather

I think their wording gets misunderstood. We used SAS and flew into FLL with SWA (wow lots of abbreviations there) and had them pick us up at the hotel to take us the Wonder obviously at the Port Of Miami. We also used them when we disembarked to go back to FLL and had no issues.

I would send them an email or call if you have questions but I remember after reading further I got the point they were trying to make.

Heather

This is what their website says, so it sounds like they don't take you to Miami hotels anymore, but will still go to the port ...

"FLL Airport and immediate FLL Airport area hotels to the Port of Miami and downtown Miami Hotels.
We no Longer offer service to Miami Beach, South Beach or Miami Airport Hotels"

This is what their website says, so it sounds like they don't take you to Miami hotels anymore, but will still go to the port ...

"FLL Airport and immediate FLL Airport area hotels to the Port of Miami and downtown Miami Hotels.
We no Longer offer service to Miami Beach, South Beach or Miami Airport Hotels"
I agree confusing but if you see their first page it clearly states: "Shuttle service from FLL Airport to the Port of Miami and Downtown Area hotels". "We are a Ft. Lauderdale based company and because of Permit Restrictions we cannot offer Miami to Miami trips".

I don't mean that snarky (promise ) just saying again it's confusing and I'd suggest calling them. We were going to stay at the Holiday Inn at the Port of Miami but it was too much but it *was* allowed from FLL. It's Miami to Miami they can't service. That same wording was there when I booked with them.

Heather

Go Airport Shuttle operates out of FLL. Have used them the last two trips for the transfers in to our hotel in Miami. Standard airport limo service. Clean cars, friendly drivers. To Holiday Inn at POM it was around $75, to Hampton Inn Brickell it was around $85.

Used SAS back on one trip, cab on another. SAS was $15 pp, cab was $75 plus tip.

Not a car service, but we rented from Alamo at FLL. Returned the car at MIA, then took the Alamo shuttle (free) to the port. Was very simple.

I agree with GZM. Was super easy. I travel a lot and would normally do this. It was nice to be able to go and do our own pre cruise shopping.

JW

Thanks for the info everyone.

I agree confusing but if you see their first page it clearly states: "Shuttle service from FLL Airport to the Port of Miami and Downtown Area hotels". "We are a Ft. Lauderdale based company and because of Permit Restrictions we cannot offer Miami to Miami trips".

I don't mean that snarky (promise ) just saying again it's confusing and I'd suggest calling them. We were going to stay at the Holiday Inn at the Port of Miami but it was too much but it *was* allowed from FLL. It's Miami to Miami they can't service. That same wording was there when I booked with them.

Heather

Ah, ok. I though maybe what I read was new.

I assume OP isn't staying downtown since SAS will service downtown Miami.

Not sure yet where we might stay (if we book). I'm just super anal wrt planning and want to make sure we can fly into FLL and stay in Miami for a few days pre-cruise relatively stress free. We've been spoiled with all the easy transfers, etc. with MCO.

Not a car service, but we rented from Alamo at FLL. Returned the car at MIA, then took the Alamo shuttle (free) to the port. Was very simple.

We have thought of this since we are thinking of renting a car for some sight seeing. Did you just take a shuttle service like SAS back to FLL after the cruise?

We are planning to use Uber to get from FLL airport to Miami pre-cruise. Quoted on the app around $20-25 total so cheaper than a shuttle for sure.

We have thought of this since we are thinking of renting a car for some sight seeing. Did you just take a shuttle service like SAS back to FLL after the cruise?

Yes. I think it was SAS, but honestly don't remember. That was very simple, too. Just called once we were on the sidewalk, and they were there within minutes. They did have several other pickups at other piers, but was fine for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter