• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ft. Lauderdale hotel - budget friendly?

billwendy

DIS Veteran
Hi!

I need a little help from the experts here. I have to go to a conference 10/20-10/22 for work at the Westin in FLL. I cant afford to stay there, so am looking for a hotel in the area. Of course since I will be there, I wouldnt mind staying on/near the beach :) . Also, any tips on renting a car in FLL? Prices seem high in florida this October :confused3

Not sure if we will try to tie in a little cruise or visit to disney before or after as well :hippie:

Thanks so much!!

I was just able to get what I feel is a great deal on Expedia for this Aug. It is for the Pelican Grand Beach resort. It is right on the beach and my mom has stayed there and loved it so I figured we would too. With tax we got a king bed ocean view for $390 for 2 weekend nights. If you go on tripadvisor you will find reviews and pictures as well as be able to check prices. I love that site and use it all the time. FYI when I went to the Pelican Grand website their prices were more expensive than Expedia for the same room.

I've stayed at the Pelican Grand a couple of times and would recommend it. If you sign up for their e-mails, they send out deals all the time, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter