Ft Bragg here I come!

casndan

Mouseketeer
Well we just got our orders and it seems that we are Ft Bragg bound, I'm from NC so I've been through Fayetteville a couple times, but I'm certainly not familiar...So..I'm looking for a dis-buddy or two who are now at Bragg...or those who have been there, give me some housing tips...good areas to look for apts if the on post stuff is sub par...I'd be eternally grateful!!!

Well Thank You! I was hoping that we would have more Bragg veterans lurking around...we went to visit the base on Monday and it was very overwhelming, I think that we're going to have to live on base because it's SO huge and I just can't imagine what the line would be like for PT in the morning...anywho, I'm excited about getting to stay close to home :banana: (I'm from Wilmington)

I'll be at Ft. Bragg next week for 5 weeks. I'll be staying in Fayetteville so I'd like some information on the area as well. :)

Off post housing on the North side of Fayetteville is not bad. We lived in a neighborhood called Kings Grant. There are decent appartments near by. My memory of the on post housing was that it was pretty good, though.

There are some good restaraunts in town. The Kyoto Japanese place on Yadkin was pretty good (though it was called Mikado at the time I think). Also, Belle Villa Italian is good and the Monterrey Mexican place on McPherson Church Road.

Avoid being close to some of the "strips". Lots of check cashing joints and strip joints along some of the main drags just off the base (Bragg Blvd, I think is one). That part isn't very pleasant. There are a lot of late model Mustangs driven around town by SPC's that the drivers can't afford. ;)

I have a friend who is headed there for at least the next year. He's been there before and said this will be "like going back home!" :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter