frustration with MDE

Meriweather

Being a Nana is my superpower
yet another one :rolleyes:

I could only book our first day of ADRs :(
It won't let me book the rest of the days.
I tried to call, the automated system doesn't recognize the DVC reservation number.
I stayed on hold for about 10 minutes but I am at WDW now and can't waste the time to do that.
I will probably miss some of the requested dining experiences that the extended family wanted to try for our trip in Dec. because I won't stay on hold until after I get home next week.
Very frustrating.

yet another one :rolleyes:

I could only book our first day of ADRs :(
It won't let me book the rest of the days.
I tried to call, the automated system doesn't recognize the DVC reservation number.
I stayed on hold for about 10 minutes but I am at WDW now and can't waste the time to do that.
I will probably miss some of the requested dining experiences that the extended family wanted to try for our trip in Dec. because I won't stay on hold until after I get home next week.
Very frustrating.

Did you just hit the 180 day mark today? I've noticed it isn't always by date, but an exact count of days. I would try again tomorrow and it will probably be there.

What is the day you check in?

The system never has an issue recognizing my DVC reservation number. It's not linking your reservation at all?

Today is my 180 mark. I could book day one, no other ones.

My reservation is linked on MDE. I tried to do it again and it said it was linked. Still could not book dining past day one.
Had the same issue in April doing Octs Dining. Those weren't as important since it was just me and DH. This time is the whole family, so want to get some of the things they requested since they only go every 5 years or so.

Have you tried a different computer or ipad? It didn't work on my work PC, but it did on my old home laptop. Might be something to do with the browser too.

When you called on the phone, did you pick the choice that you're at Disney? I heard the wait time is less.

Good luck! If you're not trying to get BOG or Ohanas for dinner, you should be fine.

I also started trying to make ADRs yesterday, and my 180 days started the day before. I had the same problem at first and was able to make the reservation only for our first day. I started over, re-entered the confirmation number for our villa reservation and was able to continue making ADRs. MDE is frustrating to use, but it's less annoying, in my opinion, than being on a long wait to make ADRs by phone. I don't understand why it is more difficult to use every time I try.

I did select that I am here.
I have no other option other than my laptop that I brought with me.
I will try again tomorrow morning.

They do want BoG and Óhana

If you are at a Disney Resort, there are CMs at the front desk that can make dining reservations. Not sure if they can make them for your upcoming stay, but doesn't hurt to ask.

If you are at WDW. I'd go to Member Services and inquire for their help. I mean you're right there. They should be able to link and / or make your ADRs for you.

If you are at WDW. I'd go to Member Services and inquire for their help. I mean you're right there. They should be able to link and / or make your ADRs for you.

Member Services is not located at the WDW Resort, it's located off-site in Celebration, FL and not accessible to members. The Preview Center (aka sales center) is located at SSR, but those CMs are sales people and not MS.

I waited on the phone today for 20+ minutes and was told by the CM that we can now only book within the 180 day mark for each day of stay.

I told him last year I was able to book for the week once I got within the 180 day mark of the first day. He told me that changed. He said you either have to book each day one at a time or wait until the end of the week and hope you can still get the adrs you want.

If anyone finds out anything different I will call back and hope to get someone different.

I just signed in, picked the last day it would let me on the calendar, when it went to that page it opened up the week. Was able to make adrs but not book a tour we want. I wasted 20+ minutes on the phone this morning to be told this couldn't be done.

They do want BoG and Óhana

Sorry :( I would call, otherwise you'll be shut out of BOG and only 9pm reservations at Ohana. I was only able to get those for the last days of my trip. Normally Ohana isn't as hard a BOG!

Splashboat - call back. And call the dining reservation number, if you didn't before. I booked my 180+10 last week. Even now, I'm holding reservations through 12/3 so the CM is clearly wrong.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter