• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Frustration! Grr!

knicho27

Earning My Ears
so I applied for the DCP for Disneyland in August but didn't pass the web based interview, and then just this week I got it reset because I realized that I was having computer issues the first time I took it. I took it again today for Disney WORLD, and didn't pass.... AGAIN! :mad::mad::mad:

How did you take the personality test????? Did you lie to make yourself seem like a "Disney" type person? or did you answer it honestly?? I answered honestly both times and got rejected both times, so I don't know what in the world went wrong!! so frustrating!:sad2::sad1:

That sucks! I don't know of anyway to help you besides try again in 6 months. I've passed it twice I'm always honest in mine. I use "extreme" answers though ex: for the questions with 1-5 I answered either 1 or 5. I don't know if this is the only way it works or not. Best of luck next time! Don't get too discouraged.

I agree with choosing extreme answers. Strongly disagree or strongly agree. They want you to have strong opinions about what's right and wrong to do in the workplace, and to know yourself fully.

But the truth is, if you have to lie about yourself to pass the web-based interview, the DCP is probably not the best idea. That's really the whole point of the thing. If you're not super energetic, you're gonna have a hard time. If you're not prompt and on time and more comfortable working in fast paced, high energy, teamwork style environments, this will affect your work performance and could even end up getting you points on your record card.

Just keep in mind those situational questions they ask you and the personality questions, it's for your benefit. So you know what you're getting yourself into, kind of. They don't want to approve someone they think might not enjoy the work they're doing, or who might get tired and worn out too quickly. So make sure when you read the questions, that this is really something you want to do and won't get frustrated with.

Now that you haven't passed twice, though, you can figure out the reason. When you know the things they want, you should just take some time in between now and the next interview, to become more familiar with the things. You know, kind of work on whatever it is you think might be the problem? That's the most advice I can give you! Good luck next time!

i only out down extreme answers on one or two of the questions and i got in...i really think part of it is bs

Yeah it does seem a little sketchy.

Like, what type of questions are on it?

There are a couple questions that have right/wrong answers. If you answer incorrectly, one of those single questions can knock you out. Things like:

Are you flexible?
Do you permit Disney to perform a background check?

The rest work on a point system, and the more points you earn the greater chance you have of passing. That's why people recommend the "strong" answers, because they typically have a higher point value. However, you can still pass with the other options, as long as your consistent. I agree with everyone else in being honest, otherwise you may not be happy in the role.

I answered all mine honestly. Most of my answers were strongly agree or strongly disagree. I did have some neutrals and some just agree or disagree.

What I did for each question was I read them out-loud. I know it sounds silly but maybe you are not understanding the questions or will select a different answer if you actually hear yourself say it. This was helpful for me because some of the questions were worded weird and then hearing it out-loud i got one of those "ah-ha" moments and the answer became crystal clear for me.

Good luck on your future interview and remember to stay positive and have confidence in yourself.

I answered all mine honestly. Most of my answers were strongly agree or strongly disagree. I did have some neutrals and some just agree or disagree.

What I did for each question was I read them out-loud. I know it sounds silly but maybe you are not understanding the questions or will select a different answer if you actually hear yourself say it. This was helpful for me because some of the questions were worded weird and then hearing it out-loud i got one of those "ah-ha" moments and the answer became crystal clear for me.

Good luck on your future interview and remember to stay positive and have confidence in yourself.

This is really great advice! Everyone should definitely understand exactly what they're being asked before answering. Even if you feel stupid, reading the questions out loud is a great way to go. :)

thanks for the advice guys. I did actually have my mom sit next to me while I did the interview and she read the questions aloud as we went through them.

I'm just really really really really dissapointed. This is something I really wanna do. I don't want to wait until Fall. Since I have to wait six months again now, i can't reapply until May!!! Gah!! I wish we could retake it as many times as we wanted. hahaha

sorry to hear that! I answered honestly and passed, but I know there are definitely some particular questions that a lot of people tend to trip up on. Also, if you answer "neutral" to too many questions, you may not pass. It sucks you can't try again for this program but be thankful they allow you to try every 6 months! I know not every company would be so nice about letting people try again ;)

Too many people mis-understand the online interview and it's importance. It was added not too long ago to the process and serves to both weed out the candidates and inform them of what the expectations are. I know a CP who was returning to DW for a second time. This time though the online interview was required first and he failed it. It took appeals to his bosses, and their putting in a recommendation to get a re-try and was quite a process. I have heard that more than 50 percent fail the first time out, not sure how accurate the number is, but a Disney rep did tell me that.

D

I wouldn't recommend not being honest with these types of tests. All of them have built in detectors which can signal if your being truthful or not based on the answers given. If the test indicates any dishonesty it will automatically fail the candidate. I'm not familiar with the Disney online test, so my experience is based on using these tests with previous companies I worked for.

Sorry to hear that!

Make sure to read carefully, as some will be the same question, just worded differently and you don't want to contradict yourself!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter