Frustrating Pattern...

That is just plain horrible....and it's partly why I made it an open...please you are welcome if you want to come but I simply can't afford to fund any part of your stay or extra events. I guess I have an amazing and very supportive family and friend cluster as one was all set to come but for her boss refusing leave. She was SOO excited to be at the ceremony and little celebration.
I guess I'm so used to the reactions being....I REALLY WISH I COULD SEE THE CEREMONY!!! I just can't imagine a different reaction. Everyone is fascinated by a fairytale wedding and wants to see it.
I've upgraded photo packages and am doing a double park shoot as much for me and them

So exciting! Which parks are you doing?

Not that it matters, but this was a huge 'wishes' wedding. Like second cousins twice removed type thing. But still wrong. I think very close friends and family will do the right thing. With weddings in general I've found that don't expect anyone to change their nature for the sake of your special day. People who are normally selfish will be especially selfish on your day, people who are complainers will complain twice as much and forget about gossips. Lol. But that goes the same for the supportive amazing people in your life. They will be all the more supportive and caring. Focus on those people and the others you 'have to' invite who may be less enthusiastic...shrug them off.

Absolutely, that is an awesome way of putting it. THANK YOU for redirecting me! :love:

What an interesting thread.. I am getting married in WDW and am from the NYC area as well, so almost all of my guests are coming from far away to attend my wedding.

Sometimes, my family and friends do things that might be perceived as not focusing on my wedding, like for instance the family is getting matching shirts that say "Family Disney Vacation 2016" and they made a big group dinner reservation for the night after the wedding at a restaurant that is family style and doesn't have a vegetarian option (I don't eat meat).

However, none of that bothers me because I always remember how incredibly fortunate I am to have so many people who are willing to spend their hard earned money and use their precious vacation days to come to my celebration. It's actually overwhelming how supportive that is when I think about it. So, I believe that those folks should have a complete blast in Disney while they're down there and I'm glad that they're super excited to do just that outside of the day of my wedding.

So to answer your question, I too have moments where the focus is not on my wedding and is much more about a Disney trip, but I do think that I would do the same thing if I was in my guests' shoes :)

Congrats to you during this exciting time!!

Part of the fun for me was seeing my family so excite about coming to disney. I loved all of their reactions! The only time it annoyed me was when I had to plan their trips! Lol!

We
The issue was more with my bridal party/family wanting to help/focus on details of our coming park hopping days rather than the wedding itself. I had been overwhelmed with wedding planning and became more overwhelmed when trying to help people plan their entire "days at Disney World". I'm actually thrilled they're staying beyond just the day of the wedding, regardless of the reason, since I don't live in the same state as them.

I've have been overwhelmed by the same thing we are very lucky that t he majority of the family and friends we are inviting are going to be able to attend but now on top of final details of planning our wedding I feel like I am having to help every person plan their vacation. A way I have tried to help people out while not getting overwhelmed was making a wedding website that has a whole section on parks, rides, restaurants, things to do not in parks ect. For the most part it has helped.

So exciting! Which parks are you doing?
We are doing Hollywood Studios and EPCOT. I was just doing a Document write up last night of the highlights I want to focus on in each park and I'm so excited. The parks are so lovely and there's a magic in them that's really unique. Being Australian and British these are NOT something you will ever find at home. In Australia the 'typical' shot people aim for is on the Sydney harbour or on a dock, or farm, or in England it is castles and English countryside.
For me this is OUR special magic moment and getting magic backdrops that aren't the castle but will set a magic scene that only Disney can recreate beautifully.

We can even get an English Phone Box! Hehehehe....

We

I've have been overwhelmed by the same thing we are very lucky that t he majority of the family and friends we are inviting are going to be able to attend but now on top of final details of planning our wedding I feel like I am having to help every person plan their vacation. A way I have tried to help people out while not getting overwhelmed was making a wedding website that has a whole section on parks, rides, restaurants, things to do not in parks ect. For the most part it has helped.

Love that idea!! I'm gonna look into it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter