• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Frustrated with TouringPlans

Anne5555

Mouseketeer
I have only been able to complete 1 customized touring plan out of 4 to my satisfaction. I can't finish the second because at 11:50 last night it stopped working. Each time I pushed "evaluate," it would process for a long time and then finally tell me "There was a timeout in the message que." I thought I would try a little earlier tonight, but as early as 11 pm EST I was unable to do anything because of that same problem. I can rearrange attractions, but not evaluate them for time required. Has anyone else had this issue, and how did you work around it?

Thanks,
Anne

I have only been able to complete 1 customized touring plan out of 4 to my satisfaction. I can't finish the second because at 11:50 last night it stopped working. Each time I pushed "evaluate," it would process for a long time and then finally tell me "There was a timeout in the message que." I thought I would try a little earlier tonight, but as early as 11 pm EST I was unable to do anything because of that same problem. I can rearrange attractions, but not evaluate them for time required. Has anyone else had this issue, and how did you work around it?

Thanks,
Anne

TP is working fine for me. I did a couple this afternoon and then just updated mine for Nov 15th based on the actual FP times I just got a few minutes ago.

I have those issues every once in a while. I usually leave it alone and try the site a day or two later and its fine.

Thanks,
Anne

I was having the same problem on a number of our plans and it took me a bit to work out why. For me , and I have no way of knowing whether it is the same issue as yours, it was that I was trying to do something that couldn't be done. For example if you've noticed TP has these defaults, so if you go in and edit the arrival time, the program defaults back to standard park times, and if your plan takes advantage of EMH then it wont process and the icon just keeps spinning. In another case I kept trying to get and attraction in after it was no longer offered(I think it was B and the B) for a time past the last show.
After having played around with it extensively now for months I know to double check every little thing before I evaluate (not as much of a problem if you're optimizing since that will correct things automatically). I find it a bit quirky overall but once I got past this stuff it's now working great.
In other words once the data entry person stopped messing up it worked well...lol

I had this problem for plans for one park for a few days. (I think it was the magic kingdom on my mnsshp day). Even though that park kept giving me the error you are describing I was able to work on plans for other parks/days. I then went back to it after a few days and had no problems again.

I agree there is a learning curve and once you move past that it works great. However, you can also contact the site administrator with technical glitches. For example, my AK plan wouldn't evaluate (to be more accurate, it showed the last part of my day taking 1000 hours or something equally crazy). I emailed the site admin and it turns out it was happening because I didn't include a return train trip from conservation station. They modified the site to include instructions regarding the return train after that.

TP has a forum, they are pretty helpful over there-try that if you are still having problems

Thanks,
Anne

Shoot them an e-mail. Len and his team are really responsive about fixing any issues you might be having.

I love the site as well. I've had a few glitches but I think it was mainly due to my crappy internet connection and it was kicking out just as I was trying to evaluate....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter