Frustrated with dreams unlimited

Our TA at DU is great! But I don't expect any TA to be available 24/7. They don't get paid enough for that. I wonder if the OP was trying to contact the TA during business hours. If it was after 4 or 5pm EST or on the weekend, I wouldn't expect a response till the next morning or Monday. Now my TA does respond a lot at night and on the weekends, but I don't expect it.

Never had any problems with my DU agent, Tracey H. has been great!

If I really wanted her phone number, I suppose I could ask her, but I love communicating via email. Its fast, efficient, and never any doubt who said what. With my wacky teacher / student schedule, I can send a quick email and not have to worry about missing / returning a phone call.

That's a bummer. I have had a fantastic experience with them. Our TA gets back to us in a jiffy...even if I email her on a Sunday morning...always within an hour or two. :confused3

Yup. And if it will be longer, she has auto-reply. If on vacation, other names of people we can contact.

I have had the same experience. Middle of night replies! Also, I forgot to mention that we have friends who sail with us who do not own a computer. I set them up initially with DU, but they then deal with making payments and such on the phone with DU. I think they will really do whatever the customer needs if you just ask.

ksf stand for kids sail free which is current promotion on some the galveston sailings.

*gt stands for either igt, ogt, vgt which means an inside guarantee, oceanview guarantee or verandah guarantee which are categories that can be booked at greatly reduced rates on some sailings but come with tons of restrictions like paying in full at time of booking and absolutely no choice in cabin or location, no changes allowed ,etc. You pretty much need to know going in that you will be happy with whatever cabin you are assigned.

Mj

thank you! :)

Is there any advantage to using a TA like DU over booking yourself? We booked ourselves with a military discount directly on the DCL site and thought we got an incredible deal.

Are they able to get you bigger OBC or something?

Someone here mentioned booking yourself and then transferring to TA. Does that get you any added benefits? And if so, how far out can that be done

ColonFamilia said:
Is there any advantage to using a TA like DU over booking yourself? We booked ourselves with a military discount directly on the DCL site and thought we got an incredible deal.

Are they able to get you bigger OBC or something?

Someone here mentioned booking yourself and then transferring to TA. Does that get you any added benefits? And if so, how far out can that be done

For the most part yes depending on which you use. Some will offer a free excursion some will offer varying obc which are usually better then DCL. DU for example on our next cruise we are getting 200 obc. As far as the booking and transferring i cant day.

Ive never had any issues with any of our trips I've used DU for. 1land and at least 3 cruises. The 1 time I needed to talk to my agent for a time sensitive issue I emailed her and asked her to call me which she did in short order.

I use another TA, but I actually prefer doing everything via email. For us, there is nothing that needs to be done on "timely" basis (we usually book on board and then transfer), but I like having a paper trail of our conversations, that way there is no miscommunication from either party.

We always use DU for our Disney Cruises....and this is because she will then keep an eye out for special promotions for us. The trick is, we have to book the cruise and then she'll flag our reservation when a promotion comes through. Twice this has happened! Each time we have received a magical email letting us know that she had saved us big money-- 1800. once and 1200 another time! She did the same for my parents.....in fact, I emailed to let her know that we noted a reduction in fare and she had already processed the deduction!

This perk makes it worth it to us! I know there is someone working on our behalf even when were not paying attentiong.

Personally we love DU. I can't begin to tell you all the things our agent has done for us. You have to realize that the agent is not at your service 24/7.

I always book w Disney directly (incl Dummy date cruises and such) and transfer to DU only when I have finalized the booking.

I agree its an odd and somewhat impersonal operating model (email), but their OBC is excellent. They gave us $800 on the 2008 EB Panama Canal Cruise - now the OBCs are a bit more pedestrian.

I love my TA from DU. She has actually called me a couple of times to make sure she had everything right for me. I did see that there is an 888 number in the FAQ section that can be used if you feel it necessary to talk to someone. I am sorry that it hasn't been a pleasant experience for you!

Have never used DU. I have never found them to have the best rates.

Last 3 Disney cruises have gotten better OBC from cruisecompete.com or from The Magic For Less.

Our DU TA called us a couple of times when we were trying to book a room that was being very difficult to get. No problems and we sail November 10th!
I'm sorry you had so much trouble. It must just be the TA's themselves that decide your experience. :duck:

Trying to book the kids free out of Galveston for a family of 5. I have lost my opportunity to book my kids for free because of a lack of response from my so-called agent. Asked her to call me to clear up a few questions while we were emailing back and forth, says she never received the email til the next morning, but by then then I had lost one of the few cabins that cold fit 5.

Not pleased with the service from Dreams....they cost me $2000...not worth the original $200 OBC I had signed on with them for! Proceed with caution!

I would like to apologize on behalf on Dreams Unlimited Travel. If you would like to discuss this further please email me at DCL.Reservations@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com. Please make sure you include the name of the Travel Agent you are working with and we will be happy to investigate further.

You can also email John at John@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com however, he is out of the country right now so he may not be able to get back with you as quickly as usual.

We have been using Kristie at Dreams Unlimited and she has been great - despite all my silly questions :goodvibese-mailing back pretty much immediately, even on a Sunday! Two thumbs up, we are very pleased with the outstanding service :cool1:

We've used DU before for the OBC, but we've found a TA that offers a better OBC and is really easy to work with so we use her now.
I guess you just have to find someone that works well for you, whether it be by email, or phone, or both.

I decided to use a different TA because when I first requested a quote, DU basically sent me a screen shot of the DisneyCruiseline website. I KNEW that already, I wanted more detailed information (Which I had made clear in the initial e-mail).

The second TA I tried was much more attentive. I guess it's just a matter of who you get and what you prefer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter