Frustrated with Angel Food Order

formernyer

DIS Veteran
Today was pickup day in my area for Angel Food boxes. I know they reserve the right to substitute and it happens somewhat regularly; however, I feel that substitutions should always be items of equal or greater value.

One of the best items in the box this month was 2 pounds of chicken tenders. It's items like this (the "dinner" meat foods) which make these boxes worth it for my family. Well I guess they ran out of chicken tenders this month, so they had to substitute...I ended up with 2 pounds of chicken wings instead!

Is it just me, or was this a very unfair substitute?

:goodvibes I would like that better! But it would totally change how you would plan to use the meals for the month.

considering that the bulk of chicken wings are inedible bones, I think you have a point.

You know, I've looked at the Angel Food thing on several occasions. I've never tried it because I honestly think I can get much more food (and our choice of food) from Aldi's or Sav a Lot for $25.

considering that the bulk of chicken wings are inedible bones, I think you have a point.

You know, I've looked at the Angel Food thing on several occasions. I've never tried it because I honestly think I can get much more food (and our choice of food) from Aldi's or Sav a Lot for $25.

I've looked at it too and haven't tried it because I am very picky about the meat I buy. I'm afraid I'd pick it up and find meat that was unappetizing to me or that I would hesitate to serve to my family. I don't do mystery meat.

I only did angel food for three months, I just didn't think the food was all that and the substituted a lot with things I did not like..

Its just what they call themselves that puts me off--Angel Food Ministeries--sounds too much like a charity or food bank. Yes, I know, its for anyone, a fund raiser for the churches that sponsor it, but I would still feel awkward using it. I would be self-conscious that I would be mistaken as a charity case.

I really feel I do as well with sales, coupons, Costco, etc., and get what I want, not whatever is packed in the box or a substitution.

I learned not to be one of the last people to pick-up.
If you are last, then you are more likely to get substitutions.

I also got a substitution, I was supposed to get 2lbs chicken breast fillets, which I was looking foward to getting, but instead I get a bag of 2lbs breaded dark meat chicken fritters. (that need to be deep fried too) I do like regular popcorn style chicken but these look strange, they are in square blocks. I really don't like dark meat chicken. Has anyone else tried those before? I was very disappointed, and when I picked up my order no some said anything about a subitution, I noticed it when I got home. I don't think they could have done anything about it anyways, it is what it is.

This was my second time ordering, and I'm still deciding if it is worth it or not. Some of the special boxes seem expensive for what you get. Does anyone think that too? In my special box, some of meat where cut weird too.

In this order we also got St. Louis Ribs, does anyone know how to cook those. Do they need to be cooked all day? In my special box I also got beef back ribs. How do you cook those? I never made ribs before I don't have a clue.

TIA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter