Frustrated and need help with my new ticket and FastPass+ plan

tmcelmurry

Earning My Ears
I am frustrated right now over a major ticket and FastPass+ issue that I have found out about and am needing help to make sure that my solution will work. Sorry for it being so wordy with details.

Me and my wife have been to DisneyWorld multiple times and are traveling with a large group and staying off site between the end of December and the beginning of January. We know how super busy it is going to be and the importance of getting any fast passes as soon as they are available. We are now 32 days out from our trip and while trying to get our ticket information from the person buying the tickets, we find out that they actually won’t have them till the day before the trip and that they are coming from Disney’s youth ticket program. This news was an unexpected shell-shock to us and could radically change our plans and trip expectations since we wouldn't be able to prebook fast passes.

After some thinking this evening, I've come up with the following plan and need to see if anyone finds any holes in it that I’m missing.

Since we know that we will definitely be returning to Disney World in the next year or so by ourselves, I figured that I could just suck it up and buy both of us 5 day tickets from Disney’s website so they will instantly link to an account. This will allow us to book fastpasses on the 30 day mark.

Since the tickets are through the Disney youth ticket program (that’s the only info that we have been given) I’m figuring that they will have to be used during our scheduled trip days. Because of this, I will need to have a way to move the fastpasses from the tickets that we purchase today to the tickets that I receive once in Orlando.

I am very tech savvy so my plan is once in Orlando, I would use two different Laptops both signed into two different my Disney experience accounts and cancel that fastpasses on the tickets I purchase and then immediately book them on the new tickets that I receive.

From what I can tell, there is a chance that I won’t catch the fastpasses in time on the new tickets but I am ok with it as long as the success rate is 80 percent or higher. In the end this would give me one pair of tickets that I will be given in Orlando with my fastpasses on them that I got at the 30 day mark and a pair of tickets that I purchase that will be unused that I can use during a future trip.

Please let me know if there is something that I have missed as it is late and this would be a big chunk of money to put out during the holidays if it didn’t actually help me.

Thanks in advance.

First let me say, I have NO experience with this...this is just what I believe it to be based on what I've learned from the dis.

You have/need an MDE account. You enter the new tix into the MDE account, and when you receive the youth program tix - you enter them into the same MDE account.

Both sets of tix are now in your MDE, you have your pre-chosen FP+ in your MDE. It doesn't matter which tix you use to enter the park, your FP+ is linked to your MDE and not a certain tix. **HOWEVER, this would entail going to guest services and having them prioritize which tix should be used first. Obviously you would want the youth program tix prioritized.

**I am not sure if this is something that could be done through Disney's IT department. I hope someone with prior experience or more knowledge comes along to correct me if I am wrong.

The FastPasses ARE NOT linked to any specific tickets, they are linked to your MDX account. The previous poster is correct. Purchase your new tickets, link them to your MDX and choose your FastPasses. When you receive the other tickets, link them as well. Go to Guest Services before entering your first park and have them prioritize your tickets so that you are using the Student tickets first.

OP, no advice from me, but I hear you! After many years of pretty simple trip plans, and a knowledge of how to travel WDW(even with a group) This new 'stuff':headache: also gives me a major headache.(fwiw,just about every computer glitch that can happen to my plans,has happened so far) hope your plan works out for you:thumbsup2

Thank you so much, I completely overlooked the fact that fast passes are linked to the MDE account and not the tickets. This will make the process a lot easier.

If the OP doesn't have a Magic Band, is there really any need for prioritization? Just use the youth program physical ticket at the gate?

Also, can he use the youth program ticket media to access the FP+ from MDE? (I would assume yes).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter