Fruit Tart?

Discussion in 'Cooking' started by Sky Blue Pink, May 17, 2010.

1. Sky Blue Pink

Sky Blue Pink Earning My Ears

Hi Guys, okay, it's my turn to provide the refreshments for book club this month. I was thinking about a fruit tart. Anyone have a tasty, EASY recipe? I have a 10 inch tart pan I borrowed from someone.
    I am also open to any other suggestions for food. Thank you!

2. MazdaUK

MazdaUK <font color=green>Curse this time difference!<br><

Are you good at pastry? If not, I'd buy one as fruit tart needs to have a really good pastry. I susually fill with patisserie cream, top with fruit and an apricot glaze. Its not what you'd call an easy dish particularly:rolleyes1 a fruit crumble is easier as you just top the fruit with the crumble topping (rub in butter to twice as much flour then stir in sugar - about as much as the butter - and press down on top of the fruit. Ruffle the top with a fork and sprinkle with more sugar. bake about 40 mins in medium oven until top light gold and fruit bubbling.)

3. lovesmurfs

lovesmurfs DIS Veteran

This is my favorite: White Chocolate Fruit Tart

Also, trifle is very easy, and presents well -- works in a trifle dish or even a glass mixing bowl. This Chocolate Trifle Recipe is my stand-by. Depending on audience (and my mood), I'll use the Krusteaz fat free brownie mix with fat-free Cool Whip and sugar-free pudding. It's wonderful!