Fruit of the Month? Anything like this?

2mickeys1minnie

<font color=red>we've turned into that same crazy
My sister and I are trying to think of some gift ideas for my 78 yo Dad....he really doesn't need anything so it's hard...Anyway....he really loves fruit...we were thinking of some sort of monthly fruit delivery...anyone ever do anything like this and/or have some recommendations? Thanks so much!

One of our clients did a Harry & David's fruit of the month for us this past year. Oooh, that's good fruit. It must have cost her a fortune, though.

I sent my step father some fruit form this place:

http://www.halegroves.com/ They are based out of Vero Beach, FL. I saw them while I was at Disney's Vero Beach Resort.

He loved the oranges. I'm not sure if they do fruit of the month. But the fruit we received from them was good. And they only ship what is in season.

Harry and Davids 5 STAR - they have several fruit of the month type programs -
Delicous orchards is my local favorite.

These may have more affordable options....
You should check hickory farms (SALES going on)
and the swiss colony too.

My 2 cents...

Our widowed senior citizen neighbor receives fruit via Harry and David's from his children. Got to tell you, we end up with a lot of it. The quantities are just too large (at least the ones they order for him) for one person to eat before the fruit spoils.

Fred (our neighbor) worries that someone has to eat the goodies before they go bad. He's really aware that this stuff isn't cheap, so wants to spread the wealth. We enjoy these yummy gifts from him, (and truth be told, he does really seem to enjoy sharing!) but we wish his kids would adjust the order so he doesn't get so much.

Good luck with your research and gift-giving!

Harry & David has a smaller pkg too. My sister got this for my parents one year it was awsome.

Kae

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter