FRS Radios -- Question about brand

joshua4

DIS Veteran
We are cruising in March and I wanted to get the FRS Radios that everyone seems to have. I am thinking about the Cobra FRS 225-2 (14 channels and 38 "codes" -- I think this is the same as subchannels)

Question: Has anyone used these either in WDW or during the cruise? How was reception? Recommend this product?

A pair is only $59 -- really $39 with rebate, so it is not a huge investment, but I don't want to spend the money if I won't be able to effectively use them.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Joshua's mom

My family used the Motorola Talkabouts and they worked perfectly throughout the cruise. Cobra is also an excellent brand though, and you should have no problems wih it.

I just bought the cobra ones you mentioned. I haven't tried them at Disney yet but they work well around my neighborhood and I really like the features. You can't beat the price either!

We purchased the Motorola and took them on the 12/8 Magic. I have used professional models of Motorola for years and can't say enough about their quality. I purchased these at Sam's Club for $49. Can't beat that price either.

Reception was very clear and the units were invaluable.

We've used one set of Cobras for years and they are still going strong. We just purchased another set (I believe they are they same ones you asked about) and now will have a total of 4 radios. We'll be sailing with my parents and my DD will have sign-out priveledges so having the 4 will really come in handy.

Michele

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter