Frozen wait times at rope drop

When does the line for the Anna & Elsa meet and greet start? Does it open at 9am as well?
How long does the wait get for it at rope drop? Plan is to hustle back to ride at rope drop and then get in line for meet and greet after.
Sorry I don't know but I am sure someone else will!

Okay, if this helps anyone...crowds at Epcot yesterday weren't super high or super low, sort of in the middle, I think.

We got to Epcot about 8:15 a.m. and there were already a bunch of people in line for the gates in front of us. They let us in the park early at about 8:40 and everyone did the "mad dash" to Frozen. The posted wait time was 10 minutes at 8:50 when we arrived. We made it all the way to the row just before the boats themselves when the ride broke down. We waited in line for 15-20 minutes while they fixed the ride and then we were able to get on. By the time we got off the ride it was 9:30 and the posted wait time for the ride was already 55 minutes. It definitely pays to get to the parks BEFORE rope drop, especially knowing that they do often let you in early.

Additionally, for the PP, we didn't do the Anna & Elsa M&G because we had a FP we needed to make, but we passed it on our way out of Norway at about 9:40 and the posted wait time was 30 minutes already.

Okay, if this helps anyone...crowds at Epcot yesterday weren't super high or super low, sort of in the middle, I think.

We got to Epcot about 8:15 a.m. and there were already a bunch of people in line for the gates in front of us. They let us in the park early at about 8:40 and everyone did the "mad dash" to Frozen. The posted wait time was 10 minutes at 8:50 when we arrived. We made it all the way to the row just before the boats themselves when the ride broke down. We waited in line for 15-20 minutes while they fixed the ride and then we were able to get on. By the time we got off the ride it was 9:30 and the posted wait time for the ride was already 55 minutes. It definitely pays to get to the parks BEFORE rope drop, especially knowing that they do often let you in early.

Additionally, for the PP, we didn't do the Anna & Elsa M&G because we had a FP we needed to make, but we passed it on our way out of Norway at about 9:40 and the posted wait time was 30 minutes already.
We went last Sunday, and didn't do rope drop. We didn't make it to Norway until around 3 as we had an ADR in Germany at 1330. Got in line and posted wait time was 90 min. We waited just at about 70 min before getting on. Not ideal, but I also was unable to score a FP so we just did it. Longest wait we had all week for a ride, aside from Jedi training sign up... THAT was just plain ridiculous! Lol

We did this day before yesterday, rope dropped early, about 850, we were not at the head of the crowd by a wide margin, and the ride wait was 15 minutes. A much smaller line for the meet and greet had formed at that time, I would guess 10 mins.

You can get as far as Norway at rope drop to get on Frozen. There is a rope blocking the path for the rest of the World Showcase past Norway untill 11. We did Frozen at rope drop one morning in the middle of last week and the wait was not bad but it quickly made its way up to a 60 min wait.

Just to confirm, IG is open for rope drop as well, correct? Thanks.

I went on this ride the other day, using FP+ the other day - I thought it was a bit meh to be honest. I think they should have completely re-done the ride, it just feels like an overlay of the old ride, which is what it is. I wouldn't wait more than 20 minutes for it.

We'll be there in 2 weeks... staying at the Swan. I've never experienced Epcot rope drop from IG entrance before. I do have a FP reservation for FEA quite late in the day, but am considering canceling it and getting a Soarin' FP instead. Typically I would rope drop Soarin', but since we'll be coming from IG, it would make more sense to do FEA at rope drop and use a FP for Soarin' so we can make our way to FutureWorld at a leisurely pace?

Can someone tell me if that logic is sound?

We'll be there in 2 weeks... staying at the Swan. I've never experienced Epcot rope drop from IG entrance before. I do have a FP reservation for FEA quite late in the day, but am considering canceling it and getting a Soarin' FP instead. Typically I would rope drop Soarin', but since we'll be coming from IG, it would make more sense to do FEA at rope drop and use a FP for Soarin' so we can make our way to FutureWorld at a leisurely pace?

Can someone tell me if that logic is sound?

Personally,I would do Soain' at RD and keep the FEA FP+ as the line for FEA at RD will be worse then the line for Soarin' at RD.

But,really,I think either way is comparable.:)

We went this past Thursday. I couldn't get a FP so we went at rope drop. They started letting people in the park around 8:40. We made our way there and got on the ride just before 9am (about 10 minutes in line). By the time we got out, the line was 45 minutes. We were all very disappointed in the ride and felt it was an embarrassment. The animatronics were cool but there was no detail in the ride like you experience with a normal Disney slow ride. The queue was nice but the ride was so plain! We compared it to Nemo, Pooh and Peter Pan later and there is no comparison. The scenes are so blah! I am glad we experienced it but would never wait more than 15 minutes for it. Glad we didn't waste a FP on it. We went to TT right after we rode and the wait was already 30 minutes so we rode single rider and used our FP for Soarin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter