Frozen shoulder, upcoming vacation

neworleans_ray

Mouseketeer
I'm going to the world on 1/27 and have been diagnosed with a frozen shoulder. I have started therapy but stopped for two weeks due to a flu bug. I resume therapy next week. Has anyone been to Disney while having to deal with a frozen shoulder? If so, any advice is appreciated.

sorry to hear this all I can say is try to keep up with your therapy. if there is pain meds your dr gave you take them, First aid has OTC meds that may help. and also a place to lie down if that would help.

Enjoy your trip.

Try to get and do exercises recommended by your therapist that you could do on the trip in your resort room.

Not Disney, but had a frozen shoulder last year. The pain is absolutely excruciating, you are not imagining it!

Therapy - and moving it, a LOT made a huge difference. Took about 6ish weeks to get most of my range of motion back, so you should be on track. I'm a year out and still try to stretch as often as possible (I had calcification of my rotator cuff and a herniated disc in my neck that caused it). The only thing I'd really be aware of is carrying a bag - I find when my shoulder hurts I can't carry a regular purse or backpack and have to use a crossbody bag. Luckily, Vera Bradley's hipster comes in Disney prints! :D

Just keep stretching!

I'm going to the world on 1/27 and have been diagnosed with a frozen shoulder. I have started therapy but stopped for two weeks due to a flu bug. I resume therapy next week. Has anyone been to Disney while having to deal with a frozen shoulder? If so, any advice is appreciated.

I had to deal with a frozen shoulder after an extensive shoulder surgery, and there was no way I was going 'anywhere' until I had had several weeks out patient therapy and daily at home - excruciatingly painful when moved certain positions.

Several years have passed, but I still make sure I include stretching exercises with my regular exercise to keep the joint supple.

I've had a frozen shoulder coupled with arthritis at Disney. The hardest for me was the plane ride. My shoulder seized up because I didn't move enough.
That being said - in the parks, the hardest thing for me was when I needed to use my arms to get out of rides ( think Space Mountain). That was tough, especially because the arthritis is in my knees as well.
As others have said - keep stretching, tale your pain killers and ice down in the evenings and you should be good to go. Have fun

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter