• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Frozen merchandise-I give up

I heard on the radio today around 11am that disney stores will be receiving shipments of the elusive Anna and Elsa dresses on Thursday. I called my local disney store and they denied it. The CM also said they are prohibited from discussing when they may receive Frozen merchandise but that she knew when they would receive it. Has anyone heard any of this?

My next trip is in mid-May and I am really hoping to get the dress for my DD in time for the trip.

All the best to all of you. I didn’t have it in me to stalk the stores, so I just ordered something from Etsy. My daughter is older so I knew it would be even more difficult. If you do a search on there, lots comes up. I got her a t-shirt and pettiskirt set for $33. She loves pettiskirts with a passion.

If anyone has a child that wears size 2/3, there was an Elsa dress on eBay.

I've given up trying to get the Disney Store version of either dress. I found the Anna one at Target the other day and am dealing with it. My dd6 is tall for her age, so not that happy how it fits, but she loves it. I'm making her a cloak since this one doesn't come with. (materials for it cost more than I paid for the dress!)...

My dd (5) is already asking to be Elsa for Halloween! I was like noooo! I can't even imagine what a nightmare that will be!

My dd (5) is already asking to be Elsa for Halloween! I was like noooo! I can't even imagine what a nightmare that will be!

OH NO!! There is a whole article on MSN Money tonight, all about the "Elsa Dress!" Check it out!!!

I heard on the radio today around 11am that disney stores will be receiving shipments of the elusive Anna and Elsa dresses on Thursday. I called my local disney store and they denied it. The CM also said they are prohibited from discussing when they may receive Frozen merchandise but that she knew when they would receive it. Has anyone heard any of this? My next trip is in mid-May and I am really hoping to get the dress for my DD in time for the trip.

I am begging my husband to go to the one store in all of Connecticut tomorrow! Would love to finally get lucky!

I am making our own Anna dress. I make all her princess dresses out of soft cotton fabrics that she can wear and get dirty and just throw In the washer. And then I'm not mortified when she wants to wear it to target. We get so many compliments on her dresses!

Now if we could just get our hands on the darn toys!

I know it's not a dress (though they show the dress until you click on it, then it's "unavailable at this time"), but Oriental Trading has party supplies in stock...including the cardboard cutouts (almost 6ft tall Elsa?!?!?!)

Cups, plates, napkins, etc - not sure if anyone's looking for those items.

I saw on the Disney Store FB page, per their replies to this question, they expect the Frozen merchandise to be replenished sometime in late April/ early May. I'd still like to get my DD the Disney Store version of the Elsa dress, but we do have the JC Penney one to tide us over.

In regards to Halloween can you even imagine how many Elsa's we'll be seeing?? Of course my DD will be one of them, but good grief! I've never seen anything like the phenomena. I'm not old enough to remember the Cabbage Patch craze of the early 80's but this has to be bigger than that. Part of me would love if she changed her mind between now and then, but it's nice knowing I won't have to spend any more money (as long as the dress holds up!) LOL!

I am old enough to remember Cabbage Patch and that was worse. Mostly due to lack of internet, social media, etc. You literally had to drive everywhere to see if stores had them. When it was announced or heard that a store had them, people went running and screaming and hitting and tackling each other, etc.:rotfl:

I just hope there is enough stock out there when they do finally release it again soon. Parents should be able to buy them for their kids from a store themselves, at a normal price. Ebay sellers also should not be able to snatch up everything.

Had a 20% off before 1Pm coupon at WDW this past week. Went to the Emporium to shop and use it around noon wed. DD still had $20 to spend of the money she saved up on her own. She comes to me with a stuffed Olaf, and even though I said absolutely no stuffed animals, I relented with him...I mean, how could you not??!! She carried him around the park all day and I cannot tell you how many times we were stopped by guests and cast members alike asking where we had gotten him. There was one gentleman for Great Britain who had been there for two weeks and had been looking for it. I think he literally sprinted to the gift shop after he talked to us. Not only that, but we got fun comments when people saw we had him too. The security guard at the MK exit waved good bye saying, "I like warm hugs, too!" He was a hit and definitely a most wanted item!

My local supermarket had a bunch of Anna dolls today. I was shocked and grabbed one for my niece. It was Superfresh by the way

I should have been more clear and said the online Disney Store restocked several Frozen items. Everything was still available when I checked out shortly after 11AM. A lot of things were gone soon after. I was SURE they would not restock flip-flops, so I had already bought some on amazon for way too much.

I tried to buy some t shirts that day. They showed available in my sizes until the very last screen to "place order" and then it says " please reduce your quantity of this very popular item to zero". Very frustrating! The next day they had updated the size pull downs on the product page to reflect all sizes sold out except size 2. But I think they only update like that over night, and these things sell out in hours. Frustrating to think I'll finally snag a shirt for my daughters for this trip in three weeks, and then be told no.

I was at my local Disney Store today, and she said that they were not expecting a big order of Frozen merchandise until the summer. Until then, she said several items might trickle in, but they have no idea when. On the other hand, my Target has had lots of things. I picked up a Christoff doll the other day, and there were Olaf stuffed animals, Anna and Elsa dolls, and Anna costumes just sitting there. I think it is really just being in the right place at the right time.

Copied from another post I just put up:

I was just on JCPenney.com and they have both the Anna and Elsa dolls in stock for ordering.

Disney Elsa Classic Doll internet item #: FC370-8122
Disney Anna Classic Doll internet item #: FC370-8123

Hope that helps someone!!

Copied from another post I just put up:

I was just on JCPenney.com and they have both the Anna and Elsa dolls in stock for ordering.

Disney Elsa Classic Doll internet item #: FC370-8122
Disney Anna Classic Doll internet item #: FC370-8123

Hope that helps someone!!

I just tried to get them and they are sold out

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter