• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Frozen merchandise-I give up

The stuff was EVERYWHERE last Halloween, but no one knew what the movie was about, so it didn't sell, and a lot of stores marked it down to get rid of it by Thanksgiving. Then the movie actually came out, and a week later the things had become scarce. (I bought two dolls on clearance the day after the film opened.) I suspect that wily speculators ended up with a lot of that sold-too-soon merchandise.

Costumes are easy as I can (and already have) made them -- the problem is toys and other items. Several of my DD's little girlfriends are having birthdays, and Frozen items are all that they want. Of course, she insists that we look everywhere to try to make her friends happy, but it's useless -- the stuff is simply not there.

I'm a shareholder, and this was a total marketing fail that even exceeds the nightmare that was the original Toy Story. Disney commissioned TONS of product, sent it to stores too soon, and then cancelled the contracts when it failed to sell well enough. Then, after the movie finally opened and demand skyrocketed, they had to go back to all the vendors to re-negotiate, and of course the vendors know how high demand is and are refusing to take the same price. that they had originally.

Elsa's popularity is all about her magical powers. She's strikingly pretty after the transformation, and adaptations of that dress will be on a LOT of brides this year, but for kids, it is all about the superpowers. Being able to create the equivalent of a theme park just by waving your hand is really COOL -- if you'll pardon the pun, LOL.

Oh, PS: the coronation dress for Anna definitely exists. We were on the Magic the day that the video was released, and the ship's gift shops had the dress in stock. (Personally I thought it was poorly executed; the skirt is gathered rather than pleated.)

Magic[/I] the day that the video was released, and the ship's gift shops had the dress in stock. (Personally I thought it was poorly executed; the skirt is gathered rather than pleated.)

pTRU1-16818138dt.jpg

The stuff was EVERYWHERE last Halloween, but no one knew what the movie was about, so it didn't sell, and a lot of stores marked it down to get rid of it by Thanksgiving. Then the movie actually came out, and a week later the things had become scarce. (I bought two dolls on clearance the day after the film opened.) I suspect that wily speculators ended up with a lot of that sold-too-soon merchandise. Costumes are easy as I can (and already have) made them -- the problem is toys and other items. Several of my DD's little girlfriends are having birthdays, and Frozen items are all that they want. Of course, she insists that we look everywhere to try to make her friends happy, but it's useless -- the stuff is simply not there. I'm a shareholder, and this was a total marketing fail that even exceeds the nightmare that was the original Toy Story. Disney commissioned TONS of product, sent it to stores too soon, and then cancelled the contracts when it failed to sell well enough. Then, after the movie finally opened and demand skyrocketed, they had to go back to all the vendors to re-negotiate, and of course the vendors know how high demand is and are refusing to take the same price. that they had originally. Elsa's popularity is all about her magical powers. She's strikingly pretty after the transformation, and adaptations of that dress will be on a LOT of brides this year, but for kids, it is all about the superpowers. Being able to create the equivalent of a theme park just by waving your hand is really COOL -- if you'll pardon the pun, LOL. Oh, PS: the coronation dress for Anna definitely exists. We were on the Magic the day that the video was released, and the ship's gift shops had the dress in stock. (Personally I thought it was poorly executed; the skirt is gathered rather than pleated.)

The original Anna coronation dress (deluxe version) is MUCH prettier than the current version they are selling. It was recalled because apparently the fabric may bleed when wet. We chose to keep it and take our chances, that's how pretty it is!

The original Anna coronation dress (deluxe version) is MUCH prettier than the current version they are selling. It was recalled because apparently the fabric may bleed when wet. We chose to keep it and take our chances, that's how pretty it is!

10615298636_72fe62ef49_z.jpg

My TRU had like 20 Frozen plate, bowl and cup sets today. Along with 5 Elsa dresses, a bunch of Anna dresses and a bunch of some type of doll for both girls. My Target has the toddler dolls with the dresses and the trunk with both dresses.

If anyone is still looking for stuff, keep checking!

Don't know if I lucked out but I found a lonely Anna Barbie at target yesterday. Nothing else in the frozen section. Just the lonely Barbie. I snatched it up!

Don't know if I lucked out but I found a lonely Anna Barbie at target yesterday. Nothing else in the frozen section. Just the lonely Barbie. I snatched it up!

That's too funny cause it was the same way at my Target 2 days ago!!! There was this little Frozen section at the end of a toy aisle, and there was just Anna hanging on the hook. I was shocked no one bought it!!
Then at Toys R Us they had like 5 of those spinning/talking Olaf's. I wasn't sure if I should get one for my DS so we left. Yesterday I told DH I'm just going to get one, so I called TRU to see if they can hold one, and the guy said they are all sold out of Frozen merchandise.
Happened to go online yesterday looking for Elsa and she just popped up as 'Available', along with the talking Olaf! I never checked out of an online store as fast as I did. I was so nervous I'd lose them!!! About 10 min after I ordered Elsa at $16.99, I went back to the website and the price went back up to $42.00!!! So crazy!!!! It's just a matter of supply and demand right now. I hope by Christmas it will slow down.

For clarity, I meant the costume dress, not the one that is on the doll. The fabric is fine (it is done with strips of flocked ribbon), but instead of pleating the underlayer of the skirt fabric, it is gathered; which makes the silhouette poufy rather than bell-shaped.

For clarity, I meant the costume dress, not the one that is on the doll. The fabric is fine (it is done with strips of flocked ribbon), but instead of pleating the underlayer of the skirt fabric, it is gathered; which makes the silhouette poufy rather than bell-shaped.

I also meant the costume dress!

I've been searching everywhere too...and just found Sparkle Kristoff online from Toys R Us!!! So excited! Hubby scored a single Anna from our Stop and Shop, and Frozen undies from Walmart! Still none of the elusive Elsa's...but enough for an Easter basket! Luckily, we had picked up an Anna Animator doll over Thanksgiving at Disney, and grabbed the last Elsa Animator doll the day before Christmas Eve at the Times Square Disney Store! Thanks for the tips!

Any dresses? I did not see any when I checked. but curious if those were restocked too

I checked online and although they are shown/listed, several of the items are already sold out. There was nothing listed there this morning, so at some point after 9am EST and 1pm, those were listed and already sold out. :(
In need of Elsa, Anna, Kristoff, Olaf and Sven Plush.... sigh......

I think the update happened around 1pmEDT. I happened to open my phone browser, which was on the Disney Store site, and saw 40+ things listed. I was super surprised because I thought restocks only happened overnight. Just lucky timing, I guess. I will be picky and say I was bummed to see no Animator's Collection dolls, though.

I just got my niece an Elsa shirt and flip flops for her bday online. :cool1: I hope you all find what you are looking for! The baithing suit was out of stock but I'm thrilled I got something. Keep trying.

Our local Disney Store just reopened from a refurbishment and had all the Animators Dolls, Lots of Anna, Kristoff, Olaf and Sven plushes and Sundresses, swimsuits and flip flops. If anyone is near the Frisco, TX area you might check it out.

I checked online and although they are shown/listed, several of the items are already sold out. There was nothing listed there this morning, so at some point after 9am EST and 1pm, those were listed and already sold out. :(
In need of Elsa, Anna, Kristoff, Olaf and Sven Plush.... sigh......

around 11 a lot of the plush were still available, but not the ones they restocked a few weeks ago.

I should have been more clear and said the online Disney Store restocked several Frozen items. Everything was still available when I checked out shortly after 11AM. A lot of things were gone soon after. I was SURE they would not restock flip-flops, so I had already bought some on amazon for way too much.

A CM said they loaded all the new items @ 10:00 EST. When I checked at lunch, the Elsa singing doll and Anna/Elsa doll set were already sold out! I lost the Olaf tee right from my cart but managed to get a nightgown and the small figure set. The elusive Elsa!!!! Need to catch a break! Lol!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter