• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Frozen Magicbands on Ebay

babydovesx2

Mouseketeer
I have seen some of the Frozen Magicbands for sale on Ebay. They are unopened in the box. Can they be taken to the parks at a later date and linked to our account? And do these bands unlock anything special on Disney Infinity?

I thought that purchased bands were linked to a ticket immediately when purchased.

If that is the case, I don't think you would be able to link it to another account.

Also, they will unlock the same item that the regular bands unlock on Infinity.

Based on my purchase experience, the band does not have to be removed from the packaging to be linked. It is linked at time of purchase. Once linked, it cannot be transferred.

I have seen some of the Frozen Magicbands for sale on Ebay. They are unopened in the box. Can they be taken to the parks at a later date and linked to our account? And do these bands unlock anything special on Disney Infinity?

On the eBay listings it says they cannot be linked and for collecting only and won't work for anything like hotel door entry, park entry, etc.

So you can buy them to have them but they can't work with your account.

On the eBay listings it says they cannot be linked and for collecting only and won't work for anything like hotel door entry, park entry, etc.

So you can buy them to have them but they can't work with your account.

The only thing they would be good for would be an extra set of same day FP+ made at park kiosks - not FP+ in advance. And the FP+ kiosk system may not allow that to continue much longer, though that's the case right now.

The only thing they would be good for would be an extra set of same day FP+ made at park kiosks - not FP+ in advance. And the FP+ kiosk system may not allow that to continue much longer, though that's the case right now.

Also keep in mind that those bands are probably deactivated by the original owner(if they are smart) and will not work at the kiosk if that is the case. If they didn't, and happened to be in the park and that band IS linked to them - you would be utilizing their FP+ allotment (its probable that its a FL resident with their own annual pass). Finally, in park ticket validation was in testing in one park for a short while, so this trick will be useless eventually.

I would advise against anything other than collecting it.

Some of the listings are for bands + a one day ticket. Whoever came up with that idea was freaking brilliant. Buy a one day ticket (enter with your own ticket or annual pass so it doesn't get used), link the bands to it, then sell the admission ticket.

Wish I'd thought of that during the SW weekends. If a useless (collectible only) set of Yoda and Vader bands is going for $200, can you imagine how much a set that could be attached to your account would go for?

Some of the listings are for bands + a one day ticket. Whoever came up with that idea was freaking brilliant. Buy a one day ticket (enter with your own ticket or annual pass so it doesn't get used), link the bands to it, then sell the admission ticket.

Wish I'd thought of that during the SW weekends. If a useless (collectible only) set of Yoda and Vader bands is going for $200, can you imagine how much a set that could be attached to your account would go for?

Yep if you buy a one day ticket and don't use it the band is linkable and pretty easy at that. I even know how to link it to an unused ticket and give the ticket to someone else since that is how I got my Yoda band. Friend linked their comp ticket and then linked the band to my MDE. After it was all linked all I did was reassigned the ticket back to her. So my Yoda works for me but she got to keep her ticket.

So you cannot buy MB in the park and ask them to not be activated? I thought I read that you could. I'm confused.

So you cannot buy MB in the park and ask them to not be activated? I thought I read that you could. I'm confused.

All magic bands must be linked to either a resort reservation, ticket, or memory maker account. You can no longer buy a magic band and not link it to anything.

Also it can not be linked to a MDE account by a cast member it has to be an RFID media so either room reservations, tickets, or memory maker.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter