Frozen grocery delivery

mpb2000

Mouseketeer
Everything I’ve read says you can have groceries delivered to bell services at the resorts by services like Instacart and that they will hold them and refrigerate cold items until you arrive. What if you have frozen items? We’ll have a full kitchen (Old Key West), so would make use of the freezer. Will bell services put those items in a freezer? Do they go through your entire order and separate everything out into frozen, refrigerated, and room temp items? That just sounds too good to be true, considering how busy they are.

I’ve also read groceries can be delivered to your room. Will they do that before you check in? How do you arrange that? If you have frozen and refrigerated items, will they put them in the refrigerator/freezer in the room?

Are they doing all of this these days? What fees are associated with all of this? Things are always changing.

Thanks for the info!

Bell services will freeze items that need it, but the frozen items should be separated from refrigerated and those both separated from room temp items by the shopper — as you say, Bell Services is too busy to do it.

They will not deliver groceries or luggage to your room if you’re not there to receive it. So if you order groceries from a service and they’re delivered before you know your room number, Bell Services will keep them. You have the choice of picking them up on the way to your room or calling from your room for them to bring them.

If they bring groceries and luggage to your room, there’s usually not a fee, but if they bring just groceries, I believe the charge is $6 per delivery. In any case, tips are expected when they deliver luggage or groceries to your room.

Bell services will freeze items that need it, but the frozen items should be separated from refrigerated and those both separated from room temp items by the shopper — as you say, Bell Services is too busy to do it.
This seems problematic. There’s no way to guarantee frozen, refrigerated, and room temp items will be separated. You can put it in as a request for an Instacart shopper, but it may or may not happen. And I’m not sure about other services like Walmart delivery. I use them a lot for pick up, but there are always a number of issues with each order. Ensuring the separation of items by type doesn’t seem like something they would handle. Maybe their delivery setup is better; I’ve never used it.

This seems problematic. There’s no way to guarantee frozen, refrigerated, and room temp items will be separated. You can put it in as a request for an Instacart shopper, but it may or may not happen. And I’m not sure about other services like Walmart delivery. I use them a lot for pick up, but there are always a number of issues with each order. Ensuring the separation of items by type doesn’t seem like something they would handle. Maybe their delivery setup is better; I’ve never used it.
Yes, we haven't used a delivery service either - yet (may do so in July when we don't have a car). However, I don't recall reading any posts complaining that refrigerated and frozen items weren't stored correctly after being delivered, so from that I've inferred that the delivery services might be sorting them prior to turning them over to Bell Services. Given the number of posts here on DISboards that have to do with grocery delivery, it's hard for me to imagine they're not sorted out correctly. When we stop at a grocery on the way in, we simply make sure that frozen items are in one bag, refrigerated in another, etc., so it seems the grocery services could easily do the same.

Good to know. We’ll have multiple cars, but everyone will be coming from far enough away that no one will want to make a stop to pick up a Publix order, even though they put it in your car, and that’s assuming there is space in the car. We’ll just have to decide whether the risk associated with a delivery of frozen items outweighs that desire to go straight to the hotel and not leave.

You could try using Vacation Grocery Delivery. They are part of the Ears for Each Other group of former Disney cast members that stated side businesses when Covid-19 hit. They have an excellent reputation for being able to do complicated orders and would probably be able to bring your order separate into freezer, frig and regular when delivering to the resort. I am not sure if I can put their link in but just google or search for their Facebook page.

I've never received a grocery delivery that wasn't separated by frozen, refrigerated, etc. In real life and on vacation.

We always use Dizzy Dolphin Delivery. Have had great service every time. They always separate the groceries appropriately.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter