Frozen Fireworks: Alaska on the Wonder July 2, 2012

lucky1 said:
Safe journey to Seattle everyone. See you on Monday at 3pm !

See everyone soon!! As for us, we've been waiting at SFO for a replacement plane for 2+ hours, but we'll get there soon enough (we hope!!) :)

Do not what ever you do EVER take a connecting flight in Chicago, IT SUCKED...

Car Rental at SEA-TAC is terrible, took 45 minutes to get to the OFF OFF site center. It was really bad and I work for Avis-Budget!!!

Got in to the Cedarlodge at 1:00am (4:00am east coast time!), recommend the lodge highly.

We are going to Pike Market today, hopefully staying dry : )

Maybe do the new wheel (like the Eye in London).

Steve

We're here! We did the Underground Tour and found it very interesting. Then we walked around the Pike Market and had lunch at Miner Landing (Elliott's). It was a great day but it rained off and on all day. Now DH is napping at the hotel and I'm scheming for something to do this evening. We were at the Great Wheel but the line was long and it was raining so we decided to postpone that. Hope everyone has safe travels and for those already here, enjoy!

Made it to Seattle uneventfully. Sorry to hear that Steve and Hannah each had hiccups along their way. Hopefully it is smooth sailing for the rest. We just got back from Dinner at Lola's in downtown. Yumm. Tomorrow it is repacking all these suitcases and really deciding what we need to take and not take.

We got in late morning, probably passed some of you in Pike Place! Went back to look at the area tonight and re-take the photos now that the sun was out! It was beautiful! Think we will attempt the Space Needle tomorrow if it's relatively clear.

Made it to Seattle uneventfully. Sorry to hear that Steve and Hannah each had hiccups along their way. Hopefully it is smooth sailing for the rest. We just got back from Dinner at Lola's in downtown. Yumm. Tomorrow it is repacking all these suitcases and really deciding what we need to take and not take.

We ended up at Lola's for dinner last night too and probably around the same time (we were done around 8:30). If we had some kind of roll call with photos we might have recognized each other!

We are checking out this morning, all things considered we really didnt need a car, but with 5 bags + I guess it was a good to have it. Need to keep my job at Avis : )

Checking in at Hotel Monoco, then Mariners game and dinner at the Space Needle (assuming its clear out).

1 more day to go!!!!

Steve

We ended up at Lola's for dinner last night too and probably around the same time (we were done around 8:30). If we had some kind of roll call with photos we might have recognized each other!

Probably did.. we actually got in earlier than we thought. That might have been you coming in as we were leaving... saw a few adults with a couple of young girls.

We are checking out this morning, all things considered we really didnt need a car, but with 5 bags + I guess it was a good to have it. Need to keep my job at Avis : )

Checking in at Hotel Monoco, then Mariners game and dinner at the Space Needle (assuming its clear out).

1 more day to go!!!!

Steve

I can already see the sun trying to peek out... Hopefully you will have a good game. Saw Boston fans walking the streets of seattle last night.

We went to Portage Bay Cafe this morning for breakfast -- possibly one of the best breakfasts I've ever had :) Beautiful misty morning, too! Next up, REI because DH managed to leave his fleece at home yesterday :P

Hope you'll all enjoy this typical seattle July 1st day.

I get to start laundry and packing now. Anyone forget anything I can get you? I'm overpacking anyway...

Today has been all about wine tasting up in Woodinville :) We have a nice selection to bring on board tomorrow!

Hand warmers Hand warmers!

I forgot to go the local wine store today before it closed. I wanted to get a nice magnum to take to the dining room.

Meanwhile...

7pm and DH has not started packing yet.

Ok.. at 9pm, has he started yet? Honestly I threw in everything but the kitchen sink. I finally gave up and said, I might need this or that. I can not figure out how after being in 100+ degrees the last few days why I figured that Capris and tanks would have been good to put into the suitcase. :confused3

Pulled out and leaving for when we return to Seattle. Hoping for some beautiful Seattle late July weather when we return for our last few days. 9pm and the cloud bank is clearing and hopefully we can hope for a bright sail away from Seattle tomorrow.

BTW... between the 4 of us, we have used every single luggage take plus we will have 2 carryons. :eek:

Connie - Tell your sister not to laugh at all of our luggage.

Bunless said:
It's 9:30 now, and no :scared1:

Hopefully by now he's packed and you're on your way!

We have an obscene amount of luggage -- I'm actually pretty embarrassed! But with all of the warm clothes, costumes, and FE gifts, it was hopeless. Add to that the stroller, car seat, pullups, and travel bed (better for us than the pack-n-play on board because we can collapse/restore for naps more easily)....let's just say that we will be taking two cabs to the port this morning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter