• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Frozen Fireworks: Alaska on the Wonder July 2, 2012

My DH has been lurking and briefing me on what he is learning about this cruise. He and I are bringing our DS (17), DS (15), DS (13) and DD (7) on this bucket list adventure with ya'll! So Excited!
I'm curious, anyone know if they will be showing Brave on our Frozen Fireworks sailing?

Hi Teachingmommy Welcome. You can bet they will be showing any recent Disney flicks... that also includes Touchtone and other Disney film companies. They might even show it in the Walt Disney Theatre vs the smaller theater as one of the evening activities.

I stumbled upon your message board last week while trying to confirm if there will be a pirate party on the cruise. pirate: (Thanks for answering that!) This will be our 3rd Disney cruise -- but my first time posting to a message board! :) Our family consists of myself (Kathy), DH, DD 15 and DS 11. I've learned a lot by reading your posts -- thanks! -- even had to do some research to figure out what an FE is! I decided I may as well join your thread even at this late date, as you all sound fun. Hope to meet some of you aboard the ship. Would love to join you for Zumba!

Hi, all! Sorry I haven't been active since signing on, but after celebrating my 50th birthday, DD's 11th birthday (with a scavenger hunt to get clues about the cruise, since we made it part of her present!), DH and mine's 28th anniversary, the end of school and graduation to middle school for DD11, and Father's Day, ALL in the last three weeks, I'm just now taking a deep breath and saying, wow, we're leaving in A WEEK! So excited.

I'm kinda glad we didn't sign up for the fish extenders, since this was a crazy crazy busy year, and our first cruise, but I'm looking forward to checking out other people's nifty ideas and getting ready for whenever we can enjoy our SECOND cruise! I'm sure we'll do the fish extenders then.

I'm hoping to keep up my jogging while on the boat (have to uphold the reputation of being from Track Town USA in Eugene Oregon, where the Olympic Trials for Track and Field are currently being held!). So if anyone is interested in meeting up in the mornings for a jog, let me know. Warning: I am a very s-l-o-w jogger, but slow and steady wins the race!

Now, back to the packing list and laundry!

I stumbled upon your message board last week while trying to confirm if there will be a pirate party on the cruise. pirate: (Thanks for answering that!) This will be our 3rd Disney cruise -- but my first time posting to a message board! :) Our family consists of myself (Kathy), DH, DD 15 and DS 11. I've learned a lot by reading your posts -- thanks! -- even had to do some research to figure out what an FE is! I decided I may as well join your thread even at this late date, as you all sound fun. Hope to meet some of you aboard the ship. Would love to join you for Zumba!

Welcome Kathy and family. glad you found us. I see you are from Colorado, hopefuly dodging the fires there. I even was surprised to see they are having a pirate party on board, but I guess it will be more toned down than previous ones. Just wondering what they will do for the 4th. Given that most of the cast is international...

Hi, all! Sorry I haven't been active since signing on, but after celebrating my 50th birthday, DD's 11th birthday (with a scavenger hunt to get clues about the cruise, since we made it part of her present!), DH and mine's 28th anniversary, the end of school and graduation to middle school for DD11, and Father's Day, ALL in the last three weeks, I'm just now taking a deep breath and saying, wow, we're leaving in A WEEK! So excited.

I'm kinda glad we didn't sign up for the fish extenders, since this was a crazy crazy busy year, and our first cruise, but I'm looking forward to checking out other people's nifty ideas and getting ready for whenever we can enjoy our SECOND cruise! I'm sure we'll do the fish extenders then.

I'm hoping to keep up my jogging while on the boat (have to uphold the reputation of being from Track Town USA in Eugene Oregon, where the Olympic Trials for Track and Field are currently being held!). So if anyone is interested in meeting up in the mornings for a jog, let me know. Warning: I am a very s-l-o-w jogger, but slow and steady wins the race!

Now, back to the packing list and laundry!

I have been putting off packing. Just can not figure out what I want to take for me. DH and DD10 are driving up to Seattle and hitting nation parks along the way and hiking. I see DD has been wearing her skirts and tops that were meant for Dinner on the cruise as her hiking clothes from the pictures that they are posting. :confused: :mad: I guess they will be doing several loads of Laundry at grandma's. :laughing:

I really don't job, but do a fast walk. but I might join you. BTW.. Happy Belated Birthday!

I'll be walking also -- getting a big head start on training for the Tinkerbell half marathon at Disneyland in January :) But I'll usually have a stroller with me -- DD1.5 is pretty content to roll around with me while I circle the deck. Last summer in the Med, I was doing C25K (Couch to 5K) and ran pretty much every day on deck -- loved it!!

We are in the throes of packing here. Glad that we are, too -- went to try on DD5's waterproof shoes, and lo-and-behold, they were a full size too small. Thankfully REI stocks that sort of thing year-round :) Here in Northern California, they laughed at me in other stores! Looks like we have a lot of rain in our future, so I'm trying to be quite prepared.

DH and DD5 just packed up all of our FE gifts and organized everything by family. It was so sweet -- I wish I had gotten some pictures, as they would have been very cute "before" shots for our photobook for this trip.

Anyhow, sending everyone some pixie dust for easy packing -- see you in about a week in the Promenade Lounge!!!!!!!!!!

Just found y'all on the DISboards and have been reading to catch up!

We're the Toons from Houston, Texas and will be on the July 2nd Wonder to Alaska, and sooo very excited! Along with the 5 of us including me + DH + DS (9) + DD (6) + DD (6), we're meeting our extended family of 15 to celebrate my parents' 50th wedding anniversary! The Bakers & Mullaneys are all from different parts of Alabama (B'ham, Opp, and Centre) but we're all excited to be cruising with everyone!

I have a DD16 who was getting nervous if anyone her age was on the cruise. Glad to see a DD about the same age.

Final countdown. Looking forward to cooler weather. I have been checking the weather for the ports but it looks like they had some unseasonably warm weather last week. Hopefully the warmer temps keep going. I am hoping my 16DD finds some friends since she is complaining about all the "nature". I am sure my little ones will be fine DD11 and DS5.

We are going to Alaska on this cruise. It will be me (Stacie), DH (Steven), and my 7 year old little girl from Houston Texas. We are travelling with another family of 3 from New Olrelans- Beth, Mike, and their 8 year old girl.

Please sign us up for the meet and greet.

Thanks!

AliceinWonder- What part of Houston? We're from the NW side and will be traveling with y'all on July 2nd.
Me (Cheryl), DH(Steve...also), and DS (9) and 2 DD (twins- 6). We're so excited!!!

Hi all! I guess I am late to the party but we booked on this cruise and are super excited. It will be my DH, DS (12) and I. We are from Houston and this is our first cruise ever!! Any last minute pointers?

Is it possible to sign up for the meet up?

Hi Dgreenshield! What part of Houston? It looks like there are several families coming along from Houston. I'm (Cheryl) bringing along DH, DS (9), DD (6) and DD (6) Can't wait!! Now...if I only knew what to pack...:confused:

These are the movies on board this week:

Brave, Real Steel, Muppets, Avenger, Chimpanzee, The Help, People like Us (new Friday).

My daughter will be very happy about Brave.

See you next week!!!!

Steve

Brave, Real Steel, Muppets, Avenger, Chimpanzee, The Help, People like Us (new Friday).

See you next week!!!!

Steve

Thanks... for posting. Not sure if I will take the time to watch the movies... but I want to see People like US and Brave.

I have a DD16 who was getting nervous if anyone her age was on the cruise. Glad to see a DD about the same age.

Thanks for your message! My DD turns 16 in Sept. so perhaps they can meet on board. :chat: Will you be at the meet & greet on day 1? (I trust that we can join in for that even though I only found and joined this board with one week to go?!) :confused3

We're getting excited! :tigger:

:welcome: to all the new cruisers!! Come join us for a meet-n-greet at the Promenade Lounge from 3-4 pm on Embarkation Day!

Just found y'all on the DISboards and have been reading to catch up!

We're the Toons from Houston, Texas and will be on the July 2nd Wonder to Alaska, and sooo very excited! Along with the 5 of us including me + DH + DS (9) + DD (6) + DD (6), we're meeting our extended family of 15 to celebrate my parents' 50th wedding anniversary! The Bakers & Mullaneys are all from different parts of Alabama (B'ham, Opp, and Centre) but we're all excited to be cruising with everyone!

No way am I reading this correctly...Opp. Seriously? What a small world. My mom lives in Opp. My dad and his whole family are from there, although he lives here (Opelika/Auburn) now. I spent most of my childhood summers there and now my son spends a ton of time there now with his Nana. Tell the Bobcats I look forward to meeting them and swapping names. I can't wait to call my mom and dad to tell them.

For those of you not up on your Alabama geography Opp is a tiny town, but full of Southern charm.

I'm actually giddy. I don't think anything could dampen my spirits - not even Tropical Storm Debby who kicked us out of Sunny Florida on Sunday. Hoping for better weather on our next trek.

My goal is to finish FE gifts today even if it kills me. Which would I guess dampen my spirits. Our FE finally shipped from the Etsy seller, so we are in business there too; things are coming together with the exception of packing. I guess I'm under the false belief that putting it off will somehow make the decisions more clear. :confused3 Trying my best to stick with the DIS advice - half the luggage twice the money. Both seem like lofty aspirations.

In regards to FE gift delivery, is there a protocol on when to do that? I was thinking we might do it later in the week to spread out the giving goodness.

Wareaglegirl - I think you can spread the love however you'd like. I'm just doing mine sooner since it would just make sense for what we're giving.

Who just got their FE? Did you buy it from gradysmom? If so, she was on vacation. -Waiting "patiently" for mine to arrive!

Welcome to all the newcomers. I had lived in Ocean Springs, MS for a short time, does that count??? :thumbsup2

No way am I reading this correctly...Opp. Seriously? What a small world. My mom lives in Opp. My dad and his whole family are from there, although he lives here (Opelika/Auburn) now. I spent most of my childhood summers there and now my son spends a ton of time there now with his Nana. Tell the Bobcats I look forward to meeting them and swapping names. I can't wait to call my mom and dad to tell them.

For those of you not up on your Alabama geography Opp is a tiny town, but full of Southern charm.

This is an INSANELY small world! My brother, SIL, niece (12), nephew(10) will all be there! They're a "mixed" marriage- brother die hard Auburn fan and SIL die hard Alabama! Makes for a lot of tension during the Iron Bowl! Can't wait to cross paths with y'all!

See you next week!!!!

Steve

Kids are dying to see Brave. I won't mind seeing People like Us. Thanks for the update.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter