Frozen ever After???

Is there still a "mad dash" for Frozen ever after at rope drop each morning??? What are the lines looking like these days??? Particularly this time of year as we may plan a visit sometime this month. What sort of lines should we expect anywhere from 30-60 minutes after rope drop??? Also how quickly does the line move??? Thanks for any information!
We went in late January, a slow season. We were second at the tap-stile and power walked straight to FEA. We were in the second boat to load, got off and walked on again. Zero wait for both rides. When we got off the second time the line was about a 20 minute wait. So not too bad, and it was going to be extra magic hours till 11 that night, with a regular 9am opening. The ride opens at nine.

We were there last Wednesday, Feb. 1. We had a FP+ for 11:15am but decided to ride standby first. We waited 24 minutes. After getting off the ride, we used our FP+ and waited about 8 minutes.

We rode it on January 8 after rope dropping Soarin, Test Track and Mission Space. We were in line for 25 minutes or so. Made it to the MK by 11:30 for lunch at CHH and fastpasses at HM.

If a guest cannot or chooses not to PARTICIPATE in AM EMH, it is much better to avoid going to a park on a morning when that park has an AM EMH.

This is one of the most essential and proven rules of WDW.

Well that settles that! No EMH for us. Thanks Robo.

We did not get to EPCOT at rope drop, but I thought I would share my experience. We got to EPCOT around 2:30pm on Sunday Jan. 29th. We had FP+ for FEA at 4pm. Standby was 80 minutes. (It dropped to 60 while we were on the ride). It was the longest fastpass line we waited in, about 10-15 minutes. For reference I was able to snag Soarin' fastpasses at 6ish (after we used our last fastpass at Character spot) for Soarin. There were multiple times available that evening for everything but FEA.

After reading this thread I'm really confused were going april3 through 10 and there's a decent amount of FP still available for the whole week were going to be there Maybe we hit a good week

Anyone have experience getting in line late at night? I know the inflate wait times so any experiences getting in line about 830? We won't be going until January 2018 but just curious. We will be a party of three adults who aren't into frozen but would like to try out the ride (although, it isn't a must).

We picked Soarin as our Tier 1 FP (as that is my most fav. ride!). What is the chances it will be available as a fourth FP? My third one is from 11:25am to 12:25pm. We are only in EPCOT one day with no park hopper.

Thanks.

Just keep checking and you may get lucky. Last year we didn't have a 7d fp and one day just kept checking the app and ended up getting one. We didn't like the time that much, and ended up getting a better time that fit. I'm not saying it'll be a sure thing or even likely, but it's surely a possibility.

I'm hoping we can either rope drop FEA before heading back to Soarin' for our FP, or will see a smaller line one night we're hopping to EPCOT. No FP available our week.

On November 9th, we arrived at Epcot's front gate at 8:45 a.m. We headed to directly to FEA. We reached the queue at 9:04 and were walking out of the ride by 9:40. At that time the wait said 90 minutes.

9:04am queue and walk out at 9:40am. Yikes - that is slow!

I'm hoping we can either rope drop FEA before heading back to Soarin' for our FP, or will see a smaller line one night we're hopping to EPCOT. No FP available our week.

check daily before and during when you leave. Many people give them up as plans change or if they were able to ride it on stand-by early another day.
Sounds like the 50 people ahead of you had at least some form of advantage.

Agree. Since the ride is glitchy, I much prefer a FP if possible and hit TT and Soarin in the AM. The thought of having to pay $100+ for a breakfast or hauling all the way to WS to find out the ride is closed, is not fun. Even if it is open, what else is there to do but go back to Future World when it is done after 9:30am. That is a lot of walking for one ride.

We have Akershus booked for 8:25 on 5/2. Should we book FEA for a fast pass directly after? If so what would be a good time?

After reading this thread I'm really confused were going april3 through 10 and there's a decent amount of FP still available for the whole week were going to be there Maybe we hit a good week
Your timeframe *just* opened up to onsite people and still isn't open for off site people.

We will be at international gateway at RD... I'm thinking we fast walk straight there and should be good without FP? We had an "add on " guest that cannot get FP

Anyone have experience getting in line late at night? I know the inflate wait times so any experiences getting in line about 830? We won't be going until January 2018 but just curious. We will be a party of three adults who aren't into frozen but would like to try out the ride (although, it isn't a must).

Can't confirm, but my guess would be no. World showcase will be busy with dinner guests and people waiting for illuminations. I would think that if they see a shorter wait time they would jump in.

Last week the wait time posted was 105 mins at 7p (closing at 9), we got in line at 7p on the dot and were in a boat at 7:40. I believe they do inflate the wait times as it get closer to closing. Up until then it was pretty consistently listed at 50 mins throughout the day on the app.

9:04am queue and walk out at 9:40am. Yikes - that is slow!

That's because entering the queue at 9:04am is "late". Guests are let into the park around 8:30am or so. When I was there in September, we were let in at 8:35am. I walked with a purpose straight to Frozen and was not stopped into any holding area and was able to walk right on the ride. My guess is it was about 8:45 by this time (I didn't run and my fastest brisk walk is only about 3 miles/hr). It was about 9am after I finished my 2nd ride and the line was now about 30+ mins long.

For a PPO breakfast advantage, you really have to be out of the restaurant by 8:45/9:50am.

That's because entering the queue at 9:04am is "late". Guests are let into the park around 8:30am or so. When I was there in September, we were let in at 8:35am. I walked with a purpose straight to Frozen and was not stopped into any holding area and was able to walk right on the ride.

While that CAN be true, it is not necessarily true every day.

Impossible to predict.
This is why I recommend guests be at the park gates at least 30 minutes (or more) before
the posted park opening time.
You never know what many happen in regard to actual opening time on any given day.
And, at MK, guests are let onto Main St. about an hour or more before the posted opening time.

(Also, I have long ago, stopped recommending PPO breakfasts as a specific way to guarantee
an early attraction ride. Too unpredictable for a lot of reasons.)

To me, it seems like going straight for either FEA or Test Track is the way to go at Rope Drop.

My strategy in March will be to Rope Drop Test Track (since it is on the way to FEA) and then hit FEA immediately after that. We'll see how it goes. My hope is to get there between 9:30 and 10:00 and hopefully have a wait of 30-45 minutes .. if it is longer than that, it may cut into my other plans.

I saved my Tier 1 Fast Pass for Soaring for later in morning.

The tiering really stinks at Epcot, but I can't imagine how insane it would be to get Fast Passes for the "big three" there if it DIDN'T exist.

We have Akershus booked for 8:25 on 5/2. Should we book FEA for a fast pass directly after? If so what would be a good time?

If you can, I would book Akershus for 10am and hit FEA at rope drop. That saves up TT or Soarin for a fast pass around noon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter