Frozen Ever After LIVE reports!

Does anyone know if they're still selling all of the Norway merchandise, or is it almost exclusively frozen stuff now?
Still selling Norway clothing such as Helly Hansen and cologne. And I think they have added these little beauties especially for the new ride. The latest from Helly Hansen, called "Evacu-Waders". When a Cast Member says: "Everybody out of the boat", you'll be ready!

waders-caoutchouc-wadchsa-sbp.jpg

Last edited:

Does anyone know if they're still selling all of the Norway merchandise, or is it almost exclusively frozen stuff now?

Immediately after you get off the ride, the first (and largest) part of the gift shop is Frozen merchandise. The next room with the Troll still has some Helly Hansen and the foreign candy. I exited from that room, but I did smell perfume that must have been in the next rooms.

Hello, and sorry if this is a repeat question...Wondering what would the best strategy be for me. This is the day we depart Disney so we were unable to get a FP+ as the only ones left were not until later in the afternoon. Have 8:05 am ressies for Akershus on 7/22. Which park entrance would be best to get in to? How early are they letting people in with reservations? I hate to rush breakfast, but would love to experience this rid, but refuse to wait in a 3-5 hour line. What's the latest I can leave the restaurant before the line becomes unmanageable? Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Hello, and sorry if this is a repeat question...Wondering what would the best strategy be for me. This is the day we depart Disney so we were unable to get a FP+ as the only ones left were not until later in the afternoon. Have 8:05 am ressies for Akershus on 7/22. Which park entrance would be best to get in to? How early are they letting people in with reservations? I hate to rush breakfast, but would love to experience this rid, but refuse to wait in a 3-5 hour line. What's the latest I can leave the restaurant before the line becomes unmanageable? Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!
Based on reports in this thread, those exiting from Akershus can proceed directly to the ride. How you get to breakfast doesn't matter, just get there by 8 to be seated immediately. And leave around 8:45 to beat the crowds into Norway. Once the RD crowd is allowed in, the line becomes unmanageable quickly. Not to mention the risk of ride closure after the first few boats. Good luck....we are attempting this strategy next week!

Based on reports in this thread, those exiting from Akershus can proceed directly to the ride. How you get to breakfast doesn't matter, just get there by 8 to be seated immediately. And leave around 8:45 to beat the crowds into Norway. Once the RD crowd is allowed in, the line becomes unmanageable quickly. Not to mention the risk of ride closure after the first few boats. Good luck....we are attempting this strategy next week!

Us too, on July 20th. I just need to remember to ask for the check as soon as we sit down!
Although we never drive to the parks, we plan on taking the car to EPCOT. I'm a little afraid of possible delays with Disney transportation. I asked over on the transportation board what time the EPOT parking lot would open, but no answer so far. Guess we'll need to power walk to Norway.

Thanks, and let us know how it goes! :-)

Yes, here's a video showing it happening earlier in the week.
The ride is back up and going (for now).

Thank you for this! It was neat to see how they evacuated you. Had to laugh when the CM said it kept breaking down in different locations. Uh oh!!

Having worked in software/website development for many years, I can only imagine the stress they're experiencing on such a public launch. It would have started with months of "Marketing/Leadership says we must launch by [date]!" "QA just found 60 new bugs!" "When can we launch??!!", followed by the last 72 hours of nonstop emergency phone calls and emails and all-night meetings. What a nightmare.

I agree!! The classic case of someone announcing an opening date without actually discussing a realistic date with those planning/building/testing the ride. It happens all the time in many places!

To all my friends in IT, 'You start coding while I go and get the requirements!!' ;)

From what has been shared here it seems your fastest route is to enter at the main gate. People recommend paying for your meal as soon as you sit down so that you're not waiting to do this at the end. You may still feel rushed but it will be a personal decision if you want to ride and miss the crowds by exiting the restaurant by about 8:50 or not be rushed but possibly be behind the crowds.

Us too, on July 20th. I just need to remember to ask for the check as soon as we sit down!
Although we never drive to the parks, we plan on taking the car to EPCOT. I'm a little afraid of possible delays with Disney transportation. I asked over on the transportation board what time the EPOT parking lot would open, but no answer so far. Guess we'll need to power walk to Norway.
We are planning to take a cab - I'm not risking relying on Disney transportation either! I can't answer specially for Epcot, but we have driven to HS and parked around 7 on a 9:00 open, so would assume the Epcot lot operates the same?

Someone on another thread reported that Epcot opens at 7:50 for PPO ADRs, so we plan to arrive by 7:30. And power walk to Norway!

Our date is 7/4, so I'll report back in our (hopeful!) success. We've done many princess meals, so I don't mind missing a few of the M&Gs if needed....though my kids may feel differently!! Lol!

We will be at Epcot in 4 days. We do have a FP for Frozen. So if it is broken down can we use our FP for Soarin?

I've been at the tapstiles at both Epcot and DHS more than 1 hr before RD (about 1 hr, 15 min early) after having driven to the parks. I'm not sure exactly what time the lots open, but they're open pretty early. There were already a handful of people there both times.

We will be at Epcot in 4 days. We do have a FP for Frozen. So if it is broken down can we use our FP for Soarin?
potentially. rock n roller coaster was shut down during one of my fast pass windows when I was there a couple weeks ago. I immediately got an email saying that I now had 1 fast pass good to use on pretty much ANY ride at any park through the end of the next day.

So if they do something like that for when the frozen ride breaks down, then yes. But if not, then no (unless you cancelled your frozen fast pass and tried to get a test track one, if available).

I am curious how the FP availability is for this ride.

Will it be near impossible to get even at 60 days (right at the beginning of the window) like SDMT and A&E meet and greet?

I would think the capacity of this ride is pretty low compared to a lot of rides, but since there is Tiering at Epcot, I would imagine that a lot of people may be 'forced' to forgo a Fast Pass if they prefer Test Track or Soaring.

I just booked fastpasses for my mid July trip (30 days out) for 5 people and there were multiple times available.

Having worked in software/website development for many years, I can only imagine the stress they're experiencing on such a public launch. It would have started with months of "Marketing/Leadership says we must launch by [date]!" "QA just found 60 new bugs!" "When can we launch??!!", followed by the last 72 hours of nonstop emergency phone calls and emails and all-night meetings. What a nightmare.

I worked in a field related to marketing/promotion for many years. While I recognize the push & pull of Marketing/Leadership vs. the hands-on folks, I think Disney is doing a disservice to their image by promising a big premier date and then running into some unforeseen issues as with ROL, or perhaps FEA. It's kind of embarrassing for them, and disappointing to guests who may have made specific plans to experience a new attraction.

If the ride is down during your FP window you should get an email saying that you can ride it any time before close or any other ride with FP before close. I have 5 of those emails from last week as we encountered a ridiculous amount of ride closures.

Your Magic Band updates on its own so you don't need to worry about it. It's a really easy process.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter