Frozen Ever After and getting DAS return time?

Ok thanks everyone. I may just have to tell DS that the ride keeps breaking and we will have to try and ride it next year. Save the headache with it all.

I can't believe it!!
We've been pixie dusted! :tink:

Just as I'm about to give up I look once more and I was able to get a FP for the Frozen ride for 12:00-1:00 which works out perfect cause I was hoping to grab some lunch at the Mexico quick service when they open at 11:00. Have us ride the Grand Fiesta Tour then head over to ride Frozen as our last ride before heading back to the resort for the day.

I am going to try and do as others suggested and DAS Soarin and then go ride Living with the land. DS will be more willing to wait for soarin since he knows he loves it.

Can't believe we got the time cause all the other times are still all after 3:00pm.

I can't believe it!!
We've been pixie dusted! :tink:

Just as I'm about to give up I look once more and I was able to get a FP for the Frozen ride for 12:00-1:00 which works out perfect cause I was hoping to grab some lunch at the Mexico quick service when they open at 11:00. Have us ride the Grand Fiesta Tour then head over to ride Frozen as our last ride before heading back to the resort for the day.

I am going to try and do as others suggested and DAS Soarin and then go ride Living with the land. DS will be more willing to wait for soarin since he knows he loves it.

Can't believe we got the time cause all the other times are still all after 3:00pm.

YAY! Congrat! Hope you have a magical time!

For now, Frozen Ever After is often operating only for guests with FP+. As we stood in the FP+ only line earlier this week, I overheard CMs tell multiple families that they were unable to assign a DAS return time because there was no official standby/ wait time to gauge it by.

Same experience. We were at Epcot daily for first 4 days of new frozen ride (for other attractions, not because of frozen). They shut down the standby line many times. Guest relations CM said no DAS for frozen is possible when standby is shut.

Last edited:
Sorry to jump in but do you know if you can DAS the Elsa and Anna meet and greet?

Even though there isn't a fastpass, the waits haven't been terrible. I've waited longer in a fastpass line than I did in this meet and greet line (today I was in line 20 minutes for my soarin fastpass). Over the last 2 weeks we visited or walked by Norway 5 or 6 times and I didn't see any wait times to see Anna and Elsa over 25 minutes. Most wait times were in the 15-20 minute range. At around 11am one day we waited for about 15 minutes and it was posted as a 15 minute wait.

Even though there isn't a fastpass, the waits haven't been terrible. I've waited longer in a fastpass line than I did in this meet and greet line (today I was in line 20 minutes for my soarin fastpass). Over the last 2 weeks we visited or walked by Norway 5 or 6 times and I didn't see any wait times to see Anna and Elsa over 25 minutes. Most wait times were in the 15-20 minute range. At around 11am one day we waited for about 15 minutes and it was posted as a 15 minute wait.

Wow that is great news thank you! One thing that is confusing to me. Usually when we have been to EPCOT in the past the World Show case does not open until 11 am. Can you get to Norway earlier than this to do FEA and Anna & Elsa meet and greet?

Yes, the RD on that side of WS has been between Norway and China. You could walk through Mexico and China even if there was nothing open but Akershus. Now, with FEA and the new meet and greet, Mexico and Norway open when FW open.

I was there this past week, part of the time it was just me and my son and I was pushing him in a wheelchair. We went to Epcot 2 days in a row and did the ride both days. What we did was, did the front of Epcot till 11. At around 11 went to frozen and got a return time, which first day was 90 minutes and second day was 60 minutes. Then we went and had a leisurely lunch and came back and did the ride. It worked out well.

Wow that is great news thank you! One thing that is confusing to me. Usually when we have been to EPCOT in the past the World Show case does not open until 11 am. Can you get to Norway earlier than this to do FEA and Anna & Elsa meet and greet?

Mexico and Norway now open at 9- their quick service restaurants even have breakfast

Yes, everything in the Norway pavilion now opens at 9am. Mexico and Norway also serve breakfast items as their quick serve locations as well.

Also For future reference guest services have always given me the first DAS time in each park when I have asked.
Instead of going over to the ride, this is very good for when I am on my own with our son

Also For future reference guest services have always given me the first DAS time in each park when I have asked.
Instead of going over to the ride, this is very good for when I am on my own with our son
Great paint I often forget and normily the CM will not offer this

That's a good point! When we get to Disney next trip, we're going to go to Epcot first. We have a fastpass for Frozen, but it's kind of late in the evening (7:30 - 8:30) and I'm not sure if my daughter will make it that late! We'll ask about getting a return time so she can ride that at least, then we'll eat and probably not stay out too late (we have such an early flight that morning).

That's a good point! When we get to Disney next trip, we're going to go to Epcot first. We have a fastpass for Frozen, but it's kind of late in the evening (7:30 - 8:30) and I'm not sure if my daughter will make it that late! We'll ask about getting a return time so she can ride that at least, then we'll eat and probably not stay out too late (we have such an early flight that morning).
Just be aware that they may not be able to give a Return Time for Frozen Ever After.
It's possible they may MIGHT be able to change the time of your Fastpass to an earlier time.

Thanks - I totally am prepared to not get one the first try! From what I've read, it's been down a lot, so they can't give one if it's down.

We're pretty laid back - if we can't ride it no big deal.

chiming in as well. We have not been since our son was 18 months old he is diagnosised with moderate autism, last time a wore him... he is a sensory seeker so he LOVED being close. But he is 6 now and we will be going in January, I have not used a DAS before, all I know about them is you go to guest relations at the first park of the trip and explain the needs of your child?

I love the tips that I have read in this thread already. How you can use a stroller as a wheelchair. That is wonderful! He will bolt on occation if we are at the store or whatnot and can get out of sight very quickly. So I will definatly request that. (can it be a sit and stand stroller? because I will have another stroller aged child and normally use a side by side double but know that wouldn't be very smart or line friendly

Also how does the DAS work? you go up to the beginning of a line and ask for the DAS return time and it is based on the current line wait time? Can the whole party come back at that time (there are 5 of us) or does the party have to split up?

Thanks so much

I really have found this post helpful and didn't want to open another thread about autism in the disAbilities forum

chiming in as well. We have not been since our son was 18 months old he is diagnosised with moderate autism, last time a wore him... he is a sensory seeker so he LOVED being close. But he is 6 now and we will be going in January, I have not used a DAS before, all I know about them is you go to guest relations at the first park of the trip and explain the needs of your child?

I love the tips that I have read in this thread already. How you can use a stroller as a wheelchair. That is wonderful! He will bolt on occation if we are at the store or whatnot and can get out of sight very quickly. So I will definatly request that. (can it be a sit and stand stroller? because I will have another stroller aged child and normally use a side by side double but know that wouldn't be very smart or line friendly

Also how does the DAS work? you go up to the beginning of a line and ask for the DAS return time and it is based on the current line wait time? Can the whole party come back at that time (there are 5 of us) or does the party have to split up?

Thanks so much

I really have found this post helpful and didn't want to open another thread about autism in the disAbilities forum

The stroller as wheelchair can probably be a sit and stand but not sure if they would let him stand on it in queue lines. If it is the type that has the bench on it and not just the skateboard on the back or side then you should be fine with that as your stroller as wheelchair. Someone with more experience can chime in if that is wrong.

Yes for the DAS if you receive one you take all magic bands to the front of the attraction and ask for a return time. Not everyone has to be there when you do that step. It can be just 1 adult if the kids will react negatively to going up to a ride and being told they have to come back. When the wait time is up you return to the FP line of the attraction and the DAS holder (in your case your son) MB is tapped first, the CM looks at the photo to make sure the DAS holder is present and then everyone else taps their MB as well. Everyone then can enter the FP line. If the DAS holder does not want to ride or is not present nobody gets to go into the line and can either stand by or wait until the DAS holder is ready to enter the line.

@danielephant If you haven't already, I suggest you look at the first post of the WDW - Disability Access Service thread pinned near the top of this forum. That will give you the basics about how the DAS works, getting a return time, coming back to the FP+ entrance, etc.

You may use a double-stroller as SAW. Which model may depend on your preference, though some of the sit-and-stand models are longer which makes it much harder to maneuver through the switchbacks on the queues. You may prefer the side-by-side.

Enjoy your vacation!

This is one the things I hate about guest services. Some say they can't do certain things as the system won't allow it and the next day you get someone who can do the impossible. Everything they do is up to the person you draw. I get mixed results when asking about this when I first get to the park so I stopped asking as to avoid a confrontation. The inconsistency drives me NUTS. Either it is a policy or it is not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter