Frontier Adding Service from DTW

looks like December's $39 flights are already sold out.

I would be new to Frontier. Definitely in the running for next year. Though I do like the direct southwest flight out of flint! Love a small airport with kids.

I have considered that Southwest nonstop out of Flint on prior trips. The main problems are the flight time (the flight is usually early morning, before 8:00 a.m.) and the thin scheduling for Bishop Airport. If the flight doesn't go for any reason, that's it; no other same-day flights to Orlando are available on Southwest. I suppose they might be able to reshuffle some passengers onto a connecting itinerary through BWI, say, but I would be unwilling to risk it. The same situation applies to Spirit and now Frontier at DTW as well. There is one flight to Orlando, and if cancellation happens, typically the best they can do is to rebook onto tomorrow's flight, if there even is one.

On the other hand, if you can snag a fare like $39, you may be willing to overlook a lot. :tongue:

Make sure to do the math. At $39 that just gets you a ticket. Then here is the $12, $20 or $45 payment for a seat assignment each way. $30 each way just for carry on luggage. $25 each way for checked luggage. And make sure you are in the gate area 45 minutes before your flight departs because they have been known to leave 30 minutes early. Read the passenger postings on the Frontier facebook page. It's a really eye opener And they just moved their customer service dept to India and got rid of the toll free customer service number.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter