• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

From WH to rope drop at MK ... how much time

James65

Mouseketeer
We're arriving late on a Saturday night and plan to hit MK on Sunday. I keep reading the #1 tip is to get to the park early. So, in order to be there 15 mins before opening what time should we plan to leave our condo at WH???

Plan to leave an hour before rope drop time. We left about 45 minutes and was still getting bags checked at the entrance when the train came in with the characters on it. We did get to see everything but some of us were stuck in line.

This may be a stupid question BUT how do you get to rope drop if staying off site and parking??
Lasttime we stayed offsite we took a shuttle and got stuck on the other side by the ferry and all we could hear is the music overhead and then had to take the monorail or ferry over after the rope dropped.
We will be driving this time. so if we park ourselves will we just walk up to the front where we usually get dropped off with the busses?
(as you can see we usually stay onsite) thanks for answering!:confused3

sorry this was to be a new thread

Whenever you stay off-site getting to the MK is a little more time. You'll park in the MK lot, take a tram to the TTC, and then have your choice of ferry or monorail to get to the MK ticket entrance.

Even when we stay onsite, and drive to most destinations, we like to take the MK bus (or boat from WL or FW) to avoid that extra transportation piece.

Now if we are staying the last week of August, should we expect the same crowd as earlier in the summer. It seems like there is alot of availability for some places the time we are going. Should we still leave an hour ahead or 45 mins would be ok

Looks like we are going at the same time as you, leaving from the same place, and staying at the same place!!!! I'm from louisiana and staying at WH for the week of Mardi Gras!! It really is a small world!

Hope we get nice weather!

Richie

Looks like we are going at the same time as you, leaving from the same place, and staying at the same place!!!! I'm from louisiana and staying at WH for the week of Mardi Gras!! It really is a small world!

Hope we get nice weather!

Richie

Yes, it IS a small world after all !!!!! :)

We always left WH about 45 beforehand and never had a problem but it wasn't busy...I agree an hour is a great timeframe to use!

If we really, absolutely want to make rope drop, then we leave 1 hour and 15 minutes before park opening. We've "just missed" a monorail before and waited 10-15 minutes for the next one. Situations like that are when the extra 15 minutes is the difference between making rope drop or not. Of course, if everything goes as smooth as possible, you may have 30 minutes to wait once you get there. I will say that we're always stuck at busy travel times like Spring Break, July, Thanksgiving, or XMAS, so I have no experience with less crowded times!

If you are staying off-site best way to get there is to walk to the Polynesian from the parking lot or take a cab to one of the hotels and ride transporation from there. You can even get the early open by doing that. It's more difficult but worth it to get through FL>

If you are staying off-site best way to get there is to walk to the Polynesian from the parking lot or take a cab to one of the hotels and ride transporation from there. You can even get the early open by doing that. It's more difficult but worth it to get through FL>

You would need to be a WDW hotel guest to enter the parks early, if that's what you're referring to. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter