• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

From WDW to DL With Love - January 06, 2011 part 5

If is true, we will be on the Sept. One. As much as I would love to be on the first one, I rather get off the ship here in L.A. so I don't have to fly home. Of course if they do a round trip, then we will do May.

It is all speculation of course but, my fear is that DCL can not allow you to purchase LA to Honolulu nor Honolulu to LA passage. They would have to stop at Ensenada or some other foreign port unless the cruise started or ended somewhere like Asia and no new passengers were allowed to board/debark in the Honolulu. So, is Honolulu just a port they are going to visit on a long cruise? Like the repositioning cruise of 4-27-11, LA to SF to Victoria to Vancouver you can not end the cruise at the SF leg.
I hope I am wrong and if I am, we really would love to do either or both.

It is all speculation of course but, my fear is that DCL can not allow you to purchase LA to Honolulu nor Honolulu to LA passage. They would have to stop at Ensenada or some other foreign port unless the cruise started or ended somewhere like Asia and no new passengers were allowed to board/debark in the Honolulu. So, is Honolulu just a port they are going to visit on a long cruise? Like the repositioning cruise of 4-27-11, LA to SF to Victoria to Vancouver you can not end the cruise at the SF leg.

Where did the two day cruse to nowhere stop?

I am not worried about it. Princess cruises runs 15 day round trips from L.A. to Hawaii. They make a quick stop for like a hour in Ensenada. I am sure DCL will do the same. I am thinking a Vancouver to L.A. vie Hawaii with a quick stop in Victoria and Ensenada. Only time will tell.

I would like to do the May cruise if it happens too. John doesn't though. ah well. We are hoping for another WBTA next year as we love that cruise and it is a good price for DCL.

Let's keep our fingers crossed that this will happen and that you can convince John.

If is true, we will be on the Sept. One. As much as I would love to be on the first one, I rather get off the ship here in L.A. so I don't have to fly home. Of course if they do a round trip, then we will do May.

For us it is easier to start from L.A. The idea is that we would fly into L.A., take the cruise and then take a road trip (or should I say rail trip) back to L.A. stopping at places like Seattle and San Francisco on the way.

Where did the two day cruse to nowhere stop?

This is the kind of itinerary I am hoping for. We will just have to wait and see.

The two day cruise did not stop anywhere. They just had a sea day and then it was straight back to Los Angeles.

Corinna

The two day cruise did not stop anywhere. They just had a sea day and then it was straight back to Los Angeles.

Corinna
When we were on our bridge tour the day we got into LA at about 10:00. The navagator was pouring over charts trying to determine where they should cruise to. Bob had been stationed out of San Diego on a Coast Guard cutter so they were talking about it and he was telling him the pros and cons of different areas. The navagator said he had never sailed in the waters off the coast before. I was amazed that 3 hours before the cruise they didn't know where they were going to go exactly.
The thing that went through my head was "and I was surprised they didn't have the pin sales better planned!! Oh my gosh!"

When we were on our bridge tour the day we got into LA at about 10:00. The navagator was pouring over charts trying to determine where they should cruise to. Bob had been stationed out of San Diego on a Coast Guard cutter so they were talking about it and he was telling him the pros and cons of different areas. The navagator said he had never sailed in the waters off the coast before. I was amazed that 3 hours before the cruise they didn't know where they were going to go exactly.
The thing that went through my head was "and I was surprised they didn't have the pin sales better planned!! Oh my gosh!"

I suppose as they were literally going nowhere, it did not take a lot of forward planning.

Corinna

My Son was able to get us signed up at work!!!!!!! :banana:
See you in April, if not sooner! :)

yay! That's great! :cool1:

Advanced and Basic are sold out. We do still have space in the 101 division (most like MA on the High Seas).

I really miss all of you more than you will ever know. I am finally home safe and sound after the most horrific end of a visit I will ever in my lifetime experience.

I am just looking forword to some furture time that we can all be together, if I am not bankrupt by them!! I will explain at a later time.

We had our biggest snow of the season as soon I got home and my neighbors had me cleaned out in no time. They are just the greatest. I had to make Jasmine a potty path! Everything is clear now with heavy rains on the way and flooding! The grandkids have missed at least 8 days of school so far!:scared1:

Hilton Head in July with Jasmine and Disney Dream in December with friends from our Med cruise....no matter what!!

If you signed up with me on Facebook, please do it again. Mine got wiped out....Harole Ann Ridgely Harper. thank you!!

Hugs to everyone!:grouphug:

I really miss all of you more than you will ever know. I am finally home safe and sound after the most horrific end of a visit I will ever in my lifetime experience.

. . .
If you signed up with me on Facebook, please do it again. Mine got wiped out....Harole Ann Ridgely Harper. thank you!!

Hugs to everyone!:grouphug:

Sorry to hear you had such a dreadful end to your trip Harole Ann.:hug:

We got about a foot of snow here. The plow came late yesterday, but I haven't been out in it. Sure wish I was back in Panama!

I booked the EBTA cruise in May. Is anyone else on this cruise?

Hi!
We are on the ETA with you.... Barb and Dick.

Our two sons who were busy studying in college, (we think), in January during the PA, liked our stories so much they voted to trade our family ressies for the DREAM & FANTASY for a family ride on the ETA! So DS Mike and Steven will be with us this time.

I'm sure we "know" each other from the PA but I am horrible with names. Give me a clue as to some of the DIS activities you were with??

See you soon again!
Barb

Months ago I had posted an article I had found regarding cruiselines rights regarding cancelling a cruise. It had noted that cruiselines sometimes cancel a cruise because a company buys the entire ship for the cruise. The cruisers have very little rights other then a refund of the amount they have paid the cruiseline to that date.

DCL has cancelled the September 3 Med cruise because they have sold the cruise to a company. Everyone on the cruise received a phone call from their TA letting them know. According to the DISboard thread they have a few days to decide if they want to reschedule. DCL will pay up to $250 airline change fee - but that is all. If they purchased non-refundable ticket and don't want to reschedule the most DCL will pay is the $250 change fee. They will not pay any increase in price. They have been offered the same rates and a $250 OBC if they reschedule a cruise. People who planned a back to back with the Med and then the EBTA are really out of luck. DCL says if they don't let them know what they want to do within a week DCL will just cancel their reservation and refund. Calls to DCL result in being on hold for hours and no help (explains why I couldn't get through last week).
I have no first hand knowledge that any or all of this is correct only what I read on the thread but based on what I had read back months ago, seems likely. I just never thought Disney was as uncaring as the other guys.

Val

I know DCL has cancelled cruises before for DVC cruises. I didn't really keep up with posts by people displaced, but I'm sure there were lots of angry cruisers. I know I'd be quite upset if that happened to me and can totally understand anyone that's angry about the change.

Is that another one they cancelled or the one they did awhile back? I know it's a chance that you take planning so far ahead. But they should really be more accommodating to people when they are out a lot of $$. I almost always have my airline fares booked 10 months or so in advance.:sad2:

Is that another one they cancelled or the one they did awhile back? I know it's a chance that you take planning so far ahead. But they should really be more accommodating to people when they are out a lot of $$. I almost always have my airline fares booked 10 months or so in advance.:sad2:

I think they just announced this one this past week. Two weeks ago people were ordering lanyards on the boards.

Bob had mentioned an interest in doing a back to back and last week the 9-3 cruise was still on the DCL website when I priced it out. They had just announced a great military rate for the TA. That is why I was checking out the DISboard thread. I decided the airfare was to much. Val

Hi!
We are on the ETA with you.... Barb and Dick.

Our two sons who were busy studying in college, (we think), in January during the PA, liked our stories so much they voted to trade our family ressies for the DREAM & FANTASY for a family ride on the ETA! So DS Mike and Steven will be with us this time.

I'm sure we "know" each other from the PA but I am horrible with names. Give me a clue as to some of the DIS activities you were with??

See you soon again!
Barb

Cool... I am sure we met. I did all the activities except room tours. My daughter did a vowel renewal. You may remember that. Anyway my name is Jill. You should be able to find me on fb as TxMermaid1@aol.com
See ya soon!!

Val that's the one they announced end of January. I know they ended up discounting that cruise pretty heavily in 2010 because I later kicked myself for not rebooking it after I had to cancel it to go along with the WBTA.

I really feel for those people that had it booked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter