• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

From WDW to DL With Love - January 06, 2011 part 5

Jill - the pins arrived this afternoon. As soon as Robin's gets here I'll ship them off to you Corinna. Sorry we couldn't find you the other two but maybe you can get them on another board or cruise. I read on pin pics that they are/were offerred on the Magic and Dream too.

I am just so happy that I manage to get any at all thanks to some very kind people here. I am back on the Wonder in October and I am still hoping to get a sneaky Med cruise in on the Magic in late spring/ early summer. So there is a chance yet that I can complete my collection.

Also has anyone else had a problem with their Disney special Dooney Bourke handbag? I bought the $198 one and the red trim is coming off the handle. I called the company and they were not at all friendly and told me at my expense I could return the bag and in 6 to 8 weeks they would repair it and return it to me. I was not happy with that answer so I called Disney Merchandise who told me to send a copy of my sales receipt to them and they would take care of it. I only had the copy of the big sheet from the ship and they told me to circle the item and send a copy of the insert with the bar code to them and they would take care of it. In previous dealing with Disney Merchandise they have taken excellent care of any problem I had with any purchase. Let's see where this goes.

I bought the Tassel Bag on the cruise and I have the same problem. I do love my bag though and it does not really bother me.

Corinna

This morning DH asked me when we were going to be home from our cruise.:rotfl: The souvie suitcase is still sitting in the entryway.:thumbsup2 I told him never. But I think that was a hint.

I guess I really do need to put those things somewhere. Add to the scrapbooking baglog.:rolleyes1

DD3 keeps asking if we can go back to the Disney Mickey Wonder Boat today? I wish.

Yeah, I've still got a bag to unpack! Can't motivate myself to do it! DS also keeps asking to go back on the boat. He asked me yesterday if we could please go to Maria's place to eat. He really had (has) a crush on our asst. server :goodvibes

We have a cruise booked for next March but we if the Magic heads back to Europe in 2012, we will seriously consider the EBTA. If we change it, it will be the second year in a row I've had a birthday cruise booked (mine, DD, and DS all fall within 10 days of each other) to change it to one of the longer special cruises. Really wish a special cruise would come in early - mid March :goodvibes

As far as facebook, found a couple of you, some of you found me. But others, like Jill said, there are several people with the same name. If anyone would like to befriend me, I can be found with Carmen Scott Knudson.

Enjoy your weekend everyone. Looks like we are going to have a pretty one!

I've unpacked all the clothes, but the "stuff" is still in suitcases on the bed in the guest room. It's been crazy around here since we got home with weather and sickness that I just don't have any motivation to get up there. Plus once it's all put away that means vacation is really over. :rolleyes:

Ian and Sophia keep asking when we can go back to the Wonder. They don't care about the new ship. They just want to go back to see Daniel. Seems many of the servers made great impressions on our kids. Not only is Sophia in love with our server Daniel, but she says Terry (the server from a couple stations down) is also her boyfriend. I think we're in trouble if she's already juggling multilple boyfriends at 3 years old.

Val, I sent out the Minnie pin today. Sorry for the delay. With DH down with the flu and me feeling horrible most of the week with a cold and sinus headache that won't go away, everything is taking much longer to get done. It's a wonder the kids have even made it to school. I guess it's a good think we had another snow day on Wednesday.

If anyone gets a FB friend request from a Robin with this profile picture, it's me.
web-LongToBe-SPD-20100627-1.jpg

It's thawing out here and we're supposed to be in the upper 60's/lower 70's by the middle of next week. I'm so excited to get back to a "normal" north Texas winter.

Hi everyone!

If anyone wants to friend me on FB - Desiree Meglio Beyea

I leave again in 5 weeks and am looking forward it. But when is our reunion cruise :rotfl2:

Val, I sent out the Minnie pin today. Sorry for the delay. With DH down with the flu and me feeling horrible most of the week with a cold and sinus headache that won't go away, everything is taking much longer to get done. It's a wonder the kids have even made it to school. I guess it's a good think we had another snow day on Wednesday.

Robin - Thanks so much. I'll let you know when it gets here.

Hope you all are feeling better real soon. We are still sniffling but mostly over the crud we brought home with us.

Have a great weekend.

val

I am just so happy that I manage to get any at all thanks to some very kind people here. I am back on the Wonder in October and I am still hoping to get a sneaky Med cruise in on the Magic in late spring/ early summer. So there is a chance yet that I can complete my collection.

Corinna

I bet you will be able to find the last two on a trade lanyard while onboard. Once I get Robin's pin will ship the 4 off to you and leave a message here.

Glad to hear everyone is mostly unpacked as it is about time for me to begin the real packing nightmare of packing to go home! My son thinks the car will not be as full as when he drove me down here. What he does not know will not hurt him, right!:dance3:

Remember, I went 10 days without a suitcase and had to buy clothes and thus a suitcase to put them in to get them back to South Carolina, well how else would they get here!:confused3

On the way down the trunk of my car looked ready to explode on impact and you could not see out of the back window as the back seat was so full. I will TRY to pack better before he gets here!!:scared1:

He will fly in March 1 so if you hear a sonic boom clear accross the country you know what it is. Just to prepare you ahead of time!:rolleyes1

We are having a beautiful sunny day and warmer weather coming. I am taking Jasmine to the dog park for both of our Valentine treats on Monday.:love:

Have a wonderful weekend everyone and be sure to let me know about a reunion cruise. I am all for it!

We framed our two sets of pins. We bought the Panama Canal Map they had for sale and added the eight port pins.
5439986689_eb1bff9bbb_z.jpg

The six surprise port hole pins that we purchased with a $30 purchase we framed with a picture that was taken of us at the sail away party - our first drink of the day.

5439986409_5489761d44_z.jpg

val

We framed our two sets of pins. We bought the Panama Canal Map they had for sale and added the eight port pins.

The six surprise port hole pins that we purchased with a $30 purchase we framed with a picture that was taken of us at the sail away party - our first drink of the day.

val

Val, That s beautiful. I didn't get the photo but plan on using the postcard the had. I really like how yours turned out. I have my stuff ready to go so sure need to get it to the frame shop.

Val, That s beautiful. I didn't get the photo but plan on using the postcard the had. I really like how yours turned out. I have my stuff ready to go so sure need to get it to the frame shop.

Thanks - I'm happy with how they turned out.

Jill - Did the pin get there? I sent it priority mail. Val

val

I love the way you are displaying your pins.

Corinna

Wow, got sick on the 2nd to last day and only got to feeling better this weekend. Full blown bronchial and sinus infections, no fun.

I want to thank Val again for coordinating every thing you did. We had a great time at all of your events. Good to be home but missing the ship. This was our first and we totally enjoyed everything except the pin fiasco. Everything else was just over the top for us. Food, entertainment, service, gifts etc. We loved it all!

It was a pleasure meeting those of you we did meet. We pretty much kept to ourselves tho. Cant wait to do this again! I am now officially addicted to DCL. Got myself a job once I got back, just part-time, but will be able to pay for my addiction now, lol.

Eagerly awaiting everyone's posts to smug mug. I didnt take as many as I thought I would so I need some to fill in the blanks.

Read through some of the posts. I was worried about magnets getting stolen from our door (I had plenty). But to the best of my knowledge everything was left alone. We were on the 7th floor though. Didnt get to see the YouTube videos but I guess they were pretty bad. Too bad some folks feel they have to act like they do.

My D & B purse is doing well, no problems with it or the wristlet.

Havent framed my pins yet, but bought mats for the two personalized Ducky sketches, and the litho. I was lucky in that one of the people at guest services gave me a New Year's Eve litho (Snow White) that's bigger so I havent had it framed/matted yet. Enjoying all the other souveniers I bought, and being my first time, I bought plenty!

Well I guess it's back to the real life now, until we meet again.

I took the DCL online survey yesterday and shared some thoughts.:3dglasses

This morning DH asked me when we were going to be home from our cruise.:rotfl: The souvie suitcase is still sitting in the entryway.:thumbsup2 I told him never. But I think that was a hint.

I guess I really do need to put those things somewhere. Add to the scrapbooking baglog.:rolleyes1

DD3 keeps asking if we can go back to the Disney Mickey Wonder Boat today? I wish.

Hope everyone is well.

I am so glad I am not the only one that still has stuff to unpack!

val

Gorgeous!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter