• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

From WDW to DL With Love - January 06, 2011 part 5

Valerie and I do scissors-and-paste scrapbooking, and just started last year. I end up getting about 200 or 500 prints from Walgreens and sort them down to 50-100, two to four per page, and make simple themes. Not nearly as nice as yours! What I mean is, not nearly as nice as yours!:thumbsup2

What program do you use for scrapbooking?

If you have trouble with your memory cards, try cleaning the contacts with a pencil eraser. I accidentally put a card from my wife's camera into mine, and it displayed a warning about format unreadable -- maybe that's all that happened to you. Otherwise, try uploading using a different method -- i.e. if you usually use the card reader on the front of your computer, try using the USB cord that came with the camera. Maybe call The Geek Squad (at Best Buy) or Office Depot or a local computer company and ask if they can recover data from a mem card. The memories may be worth the trouble and cost!

Discussions in one of my Flickr groups led to these recommendations for memory in cameras: Don't buy really big cards unless you have to leave the camera sealed during shooting (rainy day, dusty, lots of action as at a wedding). Swap cards often, and don't store them all in one place (in case of loss or water). Try to copy to your laptop if possible.

Magic's Shutters has a card reader so you can select and print shots. They're 40 cents u.s. and available by 9 p.m. the next day. I tried Wonder's Shutters, but they don't have one. And when we were on a Celebrity cruise about 5 years ago, the ship had a CD burner so you could copy your cards. But that was back in the 4-megapixel days.
Thanks. I used to do traditional scrapbooking. But out of necessity, I've switched over to digital. Okay, maybe not necessity because I have a whole room just for my crafts. But when DD was a baby she wouldn't nap in her bed - okay she still doesn't - so when she'd fall asleep in the car I started taking my laptop with me to be productive. I've found that I really love the flexibility of digital and the ability to reuse the same items (papers and embellishments) unlimited times without having to run out to the store for more. And if the colors aren't just right I can change them to my liking, too. Anyway, I use Photoshop. I think I'm onto CS5 on my desktop and DH's laptop, probably CS3 on my laptop.

Memory card issue - when reviewing photos on camera all of a sudden it gave message that it couldn't process (or something along those lines.) It did it on 2 different cards, one in Cabo and one right before the kids' show "Friends Rock" on the last sea day. I lost all the pics in Cabo from the restaurant our excursion went to but thankfully not from the boat part of the tour. I'm not sure what, if any, I lost on the other card because I learned my lesson and switched it out right away. I went through a dozen memory cards during the 18 days we were gone. And most of them I'd already transferred to the EHD we took with us on the ship. Current count of photos taken: nearly 7100. :scared1: (We had 3 cameras and 1 video with us.)

We just checked our credit card statement and had a charge for $3300 from a company in South Africa. Not sure if this is due to something on the cruise or just coincidence, but it's not a bad idea to check.

:scared1: Mines is fine unfortunatly, my credit card bill arrieved home before I did.:dance3:

Can anyone give advise.....
Len bought me a snow globe for my birthday on the ship..
I unwrapped it on friday and tinks head was knocked of, I had it in hand luggage and had been so careful, I overreacted and got upset, man Ive had an interesting week....:upsidedow anyway, it wasnt expensive but really, it should have been in a box not just bubble wrap, would they mail me another, should I glue her head back on:sad1: what do you think, maybe next year I can buy another, it was only 25 bucks but well, it was my birthday.

You know I told you the snow damaged my porch roof, guy was out last week,well theve stopped making that kind of roof, only 5 years old, I have to get a whole new roof, so I went looking for my house insurance policy, couldnt find it, turns out as far as I can see they have stopped taking the direct debit a year or two ago and I didnt notice, well its only once a year, so weve no buildings insurance:scared1: what an idiot I am , so I dont know whther to be pissed about the roof or grateful the house never went on fire.

YIKES!!! That's a big chunk o'change someone is trying to get away with. Good thing you looked it over.
Yeah, I missed the results too. But it sure was fun wandering the ship trying to figure out all the clues.

And anytime, I'll be glad to help out. I'm also really good at pointing out where other's have already shared good digi scrapping tips.

Thanks. I tried again to get in some scrapping therapy tonight but it just wasn't happening. I think I'll go look over the rest of my pics from the cruise. I have a couple memory cards I think went bad and I've been dreading looking. At least most, including all PC day, are safely transferred already to the EHD I took on the cruise.

DH accidently deleted some pics on our card. He found a program that recovers all info hidden on the cards. He was able to recover everything, even pics that have been overridden. If you want I can get the info from him. You should be able to recover your pics with it.

DH accidently deleted some pics on our card. He found a program that recovers all info hidden on the cards. He was able to recover everything, even pics that have been overridden. If you want I can get the info from him. You should be able to recover your pics with it.
Sure, I'd love to know the name of the program. I know there were some gorgeous shots lost that if I can get back would be so happy.

YIKES!!! That's a big chunk o'change someone is trying to get away with. Good thing you looked it over.
Yeah, I missed the results too. But it sure was fun wandering the ship trying to figure out all the clues.

And anytime, I'll be glad to help out. I'm also really good at pointing out where other's have already shared good digi scrapping tips.

Thanks. I tried again to get in some scrapping therapy tonight but it just wasn't happening. I think I'll go look over the rest of my pics from the cruise. I have a couple memory cards I think went bad and I've been dreading looking. At least most, including all PC day, are safely transferred already to the EHD I took on the cruise.

I'm glad most of the pics survived. Yeah, we closed the credit card right away luckily now we have to switch over all of the autopay stuff. :headache:

I begged my way in the back door of Triton's and got some photos before the displays were demolished by the ravenous hordes (including, later, Valerie and me after we reentered fairly by the front door).

Anyway, I'll look for the photos and put them in the flickr.com group Valbob's Disney Wonder Panama Canal. Actually, they start out in my "rmvandy" photostream, and are clearly marked as from the cruise.

I think anyone can copy from there, but it's possible you may have to join Flickr. It's free, though, and no junk mail. And then you can join groups (like ours) to comment or post your own photos, and save photos to Flickr to share with others.

By the way, the other photos that Valerie has posted in this group came from the Flickr group -- if you want to copy them or see more.

bob

Thanks Bob, I'll check it out.

Thanks. I used to do traditional scrapbooking. But out of necessity, I've switched over to digital. Okay, maybe not necessity because I have a whole room just for my crafts. But when DD was a baby she wouldn't nap in her bed - okay she still doesn't - so when she'd fall asleep in the car I started taking my laptop with me to be productive. I've found that I really love the flexibility of digital and the ability to reuse the same items (papers and embellishments) unlimited times without having to run out to the store for more. And if the colors aren't just right I can change them to my liking, too. Anyway, I use Photoshop. I think I'm onto CS5 on my desktop and DH's laptop, probably CS3 on my laptop.

Memory card issue - when reviewing photos on camera all of a sudden it gave message that it couldn't process (or something along those lines.) It did it on 2 different cards, one in Cabo and one right before the kids' show "Friends Rock" on the last sea day. I lost all the pics in Cabo from the restaurant our excursion went to but thankfully not from the boat part of the tour. I'm not sure what, if any, I lost on the other card because I learned my lesson and switched it out right away. I went through a dozen memory cards during the 18 days we were gone. And most of them I'd already transferred to the EHD we took with us on the ship. Current count of photos taken: nearly 7100. :scared1: (We had 3 cameras and 1 video with us.)

Well, you got more pics than us! I will say we only had one camera though :goodvibes I'm glad you didn't lose many pics, that's a relief I know. I thought I left my camera in one of the lounges the last day, but found it. What is CS3 and CS5?

:scared1: Mines is fine unfortunatly, my credit card bill arrieved home before I did.:dance3:

Can anyone give advise.....
Len bought me a snow globe for my birthday on the ship..
I unwrapped it on friday and tinks head was knocked of, I had it in hand luggage and had been so careful, I overreacted and got upset, man Ive had an interesting week....:upsidedow anyway, it wasnt expensive but really, it should have been in a box not just bubble wrap, would they mail me another, should I glue her head back on:sad1: what do you think, maybe next year I can buy another, it was only 25 bucks but well, it was my birthday.

You know I told you the snow damaged my porch roof, guy was out last week,well theve stopped making that kind of roof, only 5 years old, I have to get a whole new roof, so I went looking for my house insurance policy, couldnt find it, turns out as far as I can see they have stopped taking the direct debit a year or two ago and I didnt notice, well its only once a year, so weve no buildings insurance:scared1: what an idiot I am , so I dont know whther to be pissed about the roof or grateful the house never went on fire.

I'm glad your credit card was safe. Sorry your snowglobe broke. You could try contacting someone at Disney, but I don't know if they would do anything. If it's a clean break you could try gluing it together, we've had some luck with that in the past. Wow, that's a shame about your roof and insurance. Definately be grateful, but maybe you can call the insurance and see why they stopped taking payment? Maybe you can pay what is owed and still be covered?? Good luck!pixiedust:pixiedust:

Robin - I hope you are able to recover your pictures!

And I am impressed y'all are scrapping already!! I am now 3 cruises behind!

Corinna - THANKS!

Lynne - so sorry to hear about your roof. I am certainly glad the house did not catch fire! Quickly reinstate the insurance policy before all this talk turns into a jinx!

Halloween cruises are FUN!! Our first DCL was the Halloween cruise in 2005.

Clothing luggage is finally all unpacked. Now, down to the souvie luggage...

I'd love to know the name of this program too! DS accidentally wiped his card from his camera (not our main pics, but they were his record of the trip non the less).

Thanks
--Kay

Memory card issue - when reviewing photos on camera all of a sudden it gave message that it couldn't process (or something along those lines.) It did it on 2 different cards....

Someone on Flickr wrote that shooting down past the last few frames' worth of memory can cause a jam-up when saving a shot. I hope that's all the problem was. For next time: He suggested swapping cards when the display says only two or three shots remain. I noticed my Canon G11 gets really slow in playback mode when the card is getting full.

I'm curious about the recovery software, too. Good luck with it. And 7,100 frames is about 5,100 more than I shot.

bob

I am still playing with pictures. Thought I could send them to snapfish & make album but computer had other ideas. Since I don't feel well I gave up for now. Maybe tomorrow. Ryan has some good shots on Facebook. Doing lots of resting.

Walgreens had a sign that they could retrieve your pictures so I brought it down yesterday. If they can do it they will put the pictures on a CD and the cost will be $39. They send it out and it will take a couple of weeks before it is back. I hope they can get the pics back for me.
Thank you for the people that are posting pictures. At least I will have a few of them. Does anyone have some from the Pajama Breakfast?

I am sorry so many of you got sick. I can't believe John and I escaped it. I usually get everything going around.

There was a big to do here when the Dream went off on its MV. I wish we had gotten back a day earlier to see it. We are going over today to see it leave.

I am sorry so many of you got sick. I can't believe John and I escaped it. I usually get everything going around.

There was a big to do here when the Dream went off on its MV. I wish we had gotten back a day earlier to see it. We are going over today to see it leave.

We missed being sick too. Well not missed it exactly;) sorry to those who are still suffering and wishes for a speedy recovery.

Oh, and am I the only person a little fed up of hearing about the Dream now? Even at the Castaway Club reception onboard it was almost all about the Dream. I couldn't help thinking that the Wonder should have got a big send off(not just the Dream farewell as that again showcased her, wonderful as it was) and a special welcome to LA, but I guess all the attention and money has been on the Dream recently.

I am sure we will sail on her one day and enjoy it, but DCL does have 2 other fabulous ships as well.

OK, back to enjoying my vacation!!

We missed being sick too. Well not missed it exactly;) sorry to those who are still suffering and wishes for a speedy recovery.

Oh, and am I the only person a little fed up of hearing about the Dream now? Even at the Castaway Club reception onboard it was almost all about the Dream. I couldn't help thinking that the Wonder should have got a big send off(not just the Dream farewell as that again showcased her, wonderful as it was) and a special welcome to LA, but I guess all the attention and money has been on the Dream recently.

I am sure we will sail on her one day and enjoy it, but DCL does have 2 other fabulous ships as well.

No I am sick and tired of the Dream as well.

Hi all!

We're glad those of you who played MouseAdventure on the High Seas enjoyed it... if any of you have questions (and couldn't make the Q&As), please PM me.

Just a reminder that we have two upcoming events in the parks:

Spring 2011 – Disneyland Resort
Sunday, April 10, 2011

Fall 2011 – Walt Disney World
Saturday, November 12, 2011

I will let you know when registration opens (should be soon for the Disneyland game). :wizard:

I'd love to know the name of this program too! DS accidentally wiped his card from his camera (not our main pics, but they were his record of the trip non the less).

Thanks
--Kay

That's a shame, he was taking some fun pics too. I hope you can get them back.

Kinda sick of the focus on the Dream and lack of focus on the Wonder too. Glad you didn't get sick. Even more glad that my family seems to be getting better finally.

Thank you for the people that are posting pictures. At least I will have a few of them. Does anyone have some from the Pajama Breakfast?

I have the pictures of the breakfast - I will post them soon...still have the flu and in the middle of Girl Scout cookie season. Hopefully in the next day or so.

I am very sick of hearing about the Dream - I'm sorry but our send off was pathetic! I said to my DH as we sailed away that it was a shame - the ship is leaving - possibly for good and all we get is 8 people on the terminal waving at us? And then again - although she was beautiful...the Dream was showcasing her.

We watching our video the other night and my family said "That was it?" It was so quiet as you sailed away (not counting the deck party) It looked even sadder on video then I remembered :lmao:

I know the big deal was the Dream but I just thought we should have had a better send off.

I am looking for an e-mail address for one of the room stewards. We were coming out of our room one day and one of the steward stopped us and asked us where we got our Donald Duck magnet. I told him found it on the internet and printed it out. He said his favorite character is Donald and he would love to have a copy of that picture. I said I would e-mail it to him and got his e-mail address. Well, it turns out that the e-mail address doesn't work. So i either wrote it down wrong, or he did.

Anyway, his name was Dragon and he was on deck 2 on the port side. Even if i can't get his e-mail address, is there any other way to get the picture to him? Can i mail it to the ship without knowing his last name? I hate to not try to get him the picture because he was so excited when i said i would e-mail it to him. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

Hello, Dragos was our steward as well - he did give us his email info but it is packed away somewhere - will find it and PM you - our son loved Dragos and he was wonderful with him and really helped make our first ever cruise very special...

I really didn't think we would be the only folk sick of Dream Talk.

I did wonder whether to send a proper letter(not email) to someone important in DCL about it all and the pathetic send off and welcome of the Wonder. I guess it would make no difference whatsoever plus of course it is all done with now. Whilst we did love the cruise, we also thought there was a shabbiness about the ship, even compared to the Magic. Our stateroom really could have done with a coat of paint. Woodwork was knocked and scratched, verandah glass was really bad, chairs around the place looked like they really did need replacing. I know the crew were working hard getting her in as good a shape as they could, but if money isn't spent replacing things then she still wouldn't look the best she could. We just decided all the money was spent on the Dream and everything that went with that.

Robin - I hope you are able to recover your pictures!

And I am impressed y'all are scrapping already!! I am now 3 cruises behind!

Corinna - THANKS!

Lynne - so sorry to hear about your roof. I am certainly glad the house did not catch fire! Quickly reinstate the insurance policy before all this talk turns into a jinx!

Halloween cruises are FUN!! Our first DCL was the Halloween cruise in 2005.

Clothing luggage is finally all unpacked. Now, down to the souvie luggage...

I did it online asap.......

hello there, we are slowly emerging victorious in our battle with the mounds of dirty clothes in our house - I thought packing enough clothes for 25 days of vacation without having to do laundry was a fabulous idea until about 3 loads ago...

seems we caught a bit of the wonder-virus and getting over our sniffles and coughs this weekend but nothing was going to ruin this amazing holiday for us...

back to the snow, work and school but sporting our vitamin D top-up tans and smiles from time well spent together and with new and old friends...

we were blessed with great table-mates (and i think our son is going through his first broken heart crush for little miss emily) and the cast members were fantastic...this was our first ever cruise and I wasn't sure my type A personality could take a slower pace from the parks but I really enjoyed it...my DH and DS are definite fans and we'll likely do another DCL cruise in the future

thanks to everyone who put together the website, tours, activities and the fish extenders - we were blown away by the thoughtfulness of those gifts and how much fun our DS had finding his goodies and delivering his own too - wish we could have met more of you in person but I was standing in the pin line most of the trip (just kidding, met some great folks while I waited for my DH's pins - yes, I lined up for him - don't worry, I will save my payback for something worthwhile) or chasing DH around the mickey pool...

we were lucky to get 5 nights in WDW before and 3 days in DLR post cruise so this truly was a trip of a lifetime....we were also thrilled to meet up with my cousin and his family in Costa Rica to visit his home and the Manuel Antonio park - we hadn't seen him in almost 10 years and we'd never met his spouse/kids so it was a special day for us

we're overwhelmed with all the photos, momentos and trinkets we've accumulated but thinking of ideas to capture it all

for all of you veterans that I learned so much from before the cruise through your posts and advice, thanks again...what a wonderful group of fellow cruisers to share this dream trip with... :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter