• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

From WDW to DL With Love - January 06, 2011 part 5

There was a tea with Alice!!? Danggit. We were looking for that in the Navigator and never saw it!!

I have to agree - I think Disney spent too much time and attention getting the Dream underway. The just did not seem prepared. But we did have a wonderful time. We had late seating and our service team was excellent. The tables around us were not occupied during the entire cruise. Our Asst. Server was 3 months new and at times a bit slow but our kids loved her. I think somehow the demographics of this cruise threw Disney maybe - its like they just could not figure out what people wanted to do. ?

The pins are not my thing so did not worry about those. I did get 2 I think - I just happened to be in TK when they were selling them. Met Ridley Pearson - really neat man. Was disappointed I did not get a private session with Duckey - but did win a sketch so that was grand.

Carmie - thanks for setting up the SmugMug!! I will download soon. I cannot wait to see the photos!!

Just have to vent....
To "You know who you are" - Very upsetting to see people trying to make a profit from FE gifts received! :sad2:

There was a tea with Alice!!? Danggit. We were looking for that in the Navigator and never saw it!!

Yes, that is what I was referring to about lack of communications. Nothing in navigator about Castaway Cay pin release (it just said limited edition pins available in Treasure Ketch), nothing about Ducky sessions, nothing about Tea with Alice tickets, no communication or reason for leaving Manzanillo early, etc. I'm sure there were probably galley tours too that weren't mentioned.

We really did have a great time on the cruise. Just dissappointed with several things. Especially no inaugural Wonder port photos from Shutters. I'm sure if I hadn't gone on the May 05 PC cruise, I wouldn't have been expecting as much - or expecting them to learn from their previous mistakes.

Yes, that is what I was referring to about lack of communications. Nothing in navigator about Castaway Cay pin release (it just said limited edition pins available in Treasure Ketch), nothing about Ducky sessions, nothing about Tea with Alice tickets, no communication or reason for leaving Manzanillo early, etc. I'm sure there were probably galley tours too that weren't mentioned.

We really did have a great time on the cruise. Just dissappointed with several things. Especially no inaugural Wonder port photos from Shutters. I'm sure if I hadn't gone on the May 05 PC cruise, I wouldn't have been expecting as much - or expecting them to learn from their previous mistakes.

I am still trying to figure out the early departure myself. You really hit the nail on it's head. To me all the mistakes of the May '05 cruise were showing it's ugly face on this one. Still it was a great time.

Love the cruise!!!!
Yes there was pin madness and it could have been done much smoother but Im happy I have a complete set!
Can't wait to do it again, and because the Disney Wonder is litterally 20min away from me I plan on doing it more often.
Next cruise is already booked!!!!!

We did Zip lining NOT through Disney in Costa Rica and LOVED IT!!!!! The operation was very professional and safety was the first order of business. I would love to zip line again.

I know there was a group of you who did Zip line in PV.....how was it??? Would you recommend it or HIGHLY recommend it???

Also if anyone did any other MUST do's in PV or Cabo please share.....My family and I will be doing the Mexican Riv cruise in Sep and would love some suggestions.

Love the cruise!!!!
Yes there was pin madness and it could have been done much smoother but Im happy I have a complete set!
Can't wait to do it again, and because the Disney Wonder is litterally 20min away from me I plan on doing it more often.
Next cruise is already booked!!!!!

We did Zip lining NOT through Disney in Costa Rica and LOVED IT!!!!! The operation was very professional and safety was the first order of business. I would love to zip line again.

I know there was a group of you who did Zip line in PV.....how was it??? Would you recommend it or HIGHLY recommend it???

Also if anyone did any other MUST do's in PV or Cabo please share.....My family and I will be doing the Mexican Riv cruise in Sep and would love some suggestions.

We LOVED the zip lining in PV, but I have no other zipline to compare it to. The restaurant at the bottom of the zip line was a nice place to relax afterward and we enjoyed the food there too. The big plus for us at Los Veranos was that DD who is only 6 could zipline and she LOVED it. The staff were always there to rescue her when she couldn't make it to the end of the long runs. The guides were fantastic. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

The zip line at PV.........how long is the ride from the port? Also do they send a driver for you, and if so where do you meet them when you come off the ship?

Thanks for the info.

Just have to vent....
To "You know who you are" - Very upsetting to see people trying to make a profit from FE gifts received! :sad2:

What? What on earth could people possibly have to make a profit with? The gifts were all very amazing and creative and SO much fun to get, but I can't imagine there would be much of a market for any of them! (Or maybe I missed one...?)

The pins are not my thing so did not worry about those. I did get 2 I think - I just happened to be in TK when they were selling them. Met Ridley Pearson - really neat man. Was disappointed I did not get a private session with Duckey - but did win a sketch so that was grand.

The first day Navigator had the thing about the tea I was told..I remember seeing something about it - but ignored it. Same thing about the galley tour. The only reason I knew about the Ducky private session was our booklet that came with our luggage tags had it - we still had to ask time and time again until we found out about where the sign-ups were. Not great communication unfortunately...

Just have to vent....

Wow...that is sad!

What we were told about Manzanillo was that it was decided that the area was not safe after dark...not sure why that was decided but I saw the hours on TK were scheduled to open while we were supposed to be in port and questioned how that could be and that was the answer I was given...not sure if true or not. Definite lack of communication on the cruise but we really enjoyed ourselves and loved meeting everyone!

What? What on earth could people possibly have to make a profit with? The gifts were all very amazing and creative and SO much fun to get, but I can't imagine there would be much of a market for any of them! (Or maybe I missed one...?)

I was thinking the same thing..only thing I could guess would be the pin RRBB gave us..which I LOVED! Thank you to everyone..I loved our FE gifts! They are all sitting on my dining room table waiting for me to go through them.

I was thinking the same thing..only thing I could guess would be the pin RRBB gave us..which I LOVED! Thank you to everyone..I loved our FE gifts! They are all sitting on my dining room table waiting for me to go through them.

Oh, I'm SURE you're right! Forgot about those, even though I'm actually wearing it at this very moment!!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that pin!!! I cannot believe anyone would ever get rid of it at any price!! What a wonderful memento!

Thanks Carmen! I'll be uploading mine this weekend. I also have a CD from my DFIL and DU with pics from the Panama webcams.

Carmie - thanks for setting up the SmugMug!! I will download soon. I cannot wait to see the photos!!
You're welcome! I'm looking forward to seeing all the different pics too!!

We had late seating and our service team was excellent. The tables around us were not occupied during the entire cruise. Our Asst. Server was 3 months new and at times a bit slow but our kids loved her. I think somehow the demographics of this cruise threw Disney maybe - its like they just could not figure out what people wanted to do. ?

I think we had the same servers for early dining (per Haley per Ryan :goodvibes ) You are right - they were awesome! We even saw them out and about during the cruise several times and Rakesh even went to another dining room a couple of times w/o us asking to get something we had asked about on prior days. They definitely earned their tip and then some!

Just have to vent....
That is awful! As a PP said, I bet it is the pins that Robin and her family gave. We loved them and can't imagine getting rid of them. People will stand in line for HOURS to buy a pin but when one is given to them they want to sell it ????:sad2: (of course I don't know if it was the pins and if so if the person selling was also buying other pins, but it's the whole principle!)

Oh, I'm SURE you're right! Forgot about those, even though I'm actually wearing it at this very moment!!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that pin!!! I cannot believe anyone would ever get rid of it at any price!! What a wonderful memento!

Check out ebay... I saw the pin and a lanyard from the FE on there... unreal some people!! So ungrateful!

I loved everything I got and I too would not think of selling any of them.

Who ever has the pin listed is making it appear to be a disney pin... it is not! It is however very special to most of us.

Looks like whoever had the pin and lanyard listed on ebay has removed them.... lol

I tried getting a set of pins but seems in my trading to help others I ended up with 2 Aruba and no Puntesaries (sp) If anyone needs Aruba or has an extra Puntasaries and wants to trade, please let me know.

Looks like whoever had the pin and lanyard listed on ebay has removed them.... lol
I still see it as active - unless there was another one that I missed?

I didn't want to upset the givers by posting exactly which ones they were. But, yes, you are right. That one and another Panama cruise design. I'm pretty sure I know who it is based on their hometown but since there were many people that hung FEs but did not participate(!) and there were a lot of castmembers on our cruise, it's possible I'm wrong. There could have been others from the same Florida city on the cruise and I don't want to wrongly accuse anyone.

No worries - I'll make sure they don't profit from they! :idea: :rolleyes1

I didn't want to upset the givers by posting exactly which ones they were. But, yes, you are right. That one and another Panama cruise design. I'm pretty sure I know who it is based on their hometown but since there were many people that hung FEs but did not participate(!) and there were a lot of castmembers on our cruise, it's possible I'm wrong. There could have been others from the same Florida city on the cruise and I don't want to wrongly accuse anyone.

No worries - I'll make sure they don't profit from they! :idea: :rolleyes1

Yeah, I just looked on the ebay listing/cruise website and did find someone with the same city. sad, sad, sad

It was the pin and the lanyard Brooklyn made.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter