• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

From WDW to DL With Love - January 06, 2011 part 5

Just beware that they do not necessarily give you a lot of notice. We had waitlisted for the tea on the WBTA and out waitlist did come up. The problem was that they rang us at 2:45 PM to let us know that they had an opening for us at 3:00 that day. Unfortunately we were out enjoying ourselves and did not get the message until 5 PM.

Corinna

Maybe with the new wave phones they'll be able to get hold of us quicker! Oops, that'll teach me to.finish catching up before posting a response!

My mother just informed me that she doesn't care if I eat today or tomorrow...thank goodness I'm going on a cruise! Else I might starve! :rofl

Sorry if already posted and I missed it somewhere within the five (!) Panama Canal threads: does anyone know whether DCL is planning on having Roman Catholic masses available on this cruise or is there possibly a DISer priest who is volunteering his time? I know DCL typically has only non-denominational services, but I was hoping that, since it's a fifteen-day cruise and two separate Sundays, we may get lucky

Thanks.

I believe that unless a priest is onboard they will not have Mass. I know in 2008 - we had a Diser who was a priest and he had to get permission to hold Mass onboard. Itwas kind of nice..our kids who were servers at our home parishes were able to be servers at the Mass.

In less then 24 hours we will be at WDW! :banana::banana:

I am so excited. Everything is packed, printed and ready to go...DD and I went for our spa treatments today and after a Girl Scout meeting tonight - we are ready to go!

Good flight and travel day and we are now checked in to SSR. Been for the round walk through DTD, had a free Ghiradelli chocolate, some chips fromCooke's of Dublin and a muffin from Goofy's Candy Co. Just cooling down now.

Off to MK in the morning.

I guess if your mother ran away from home you'd starve. My bad

Nah...I've survived for a few years without her food. I just thought it was funny and i threatened to post it and she laughed at me. I think if I really had no food I would just would drink more Guiness. :cool1:

Suddenly I find myself wanting to pack ridiculously unnecessary things like a Hollywood Tower Hotel bathrobe lol. They're talking about snow Wednesday morning...I hope it doesn't delay our flight any...:scared1:

AMEN! High Tea is the one thing we have not done in 8 previous cruises on DCL and this time all the spots were gone before we could book them, again. We're going to try once we get onboard to see if they had any cancellations.

Try booking it now I just got my reservation this afternoon bc someone else posted there was openings.

I want to leave now please! :flower3:

My brain is spinning today. We have a small business and I am the bookkeeper. I need to process three weeks of payroll and anticipate three weeks of bills to get paid on line. I'm the entire department and the only one with money access! :surfweb: whine, whine, WINE

BUT as the owners....we never have to worry about the boss saying "NO!" to our vacation dates!! :woohoo:

Finished clothes and misc packing last night. Still have electronics and toys to get ready. We leave cold Iowa on Wednesday!

Can't wait to meet this great group!!!

So......back to work and then only two more sleeps before we leave!!!

Barb
This is another Barb who is working Monday, Tuesday, and 1/2 of Wednesday. I'm in vacation mode, so it is really hard to concentrate, but i am being good and getting my work done.

Can't wait for Wednesday afternoon!!!

Hi all

We made it!

Spent today doing errands, same for tomorrow. Hopefully to wdw Weds.

Just heading to dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings.

Only a few more days til we set sail!

--Kay

There was a priest on the last PC cruise who volunteered to do Mass. we did not have one on the TA or Med. I too hope there is one one board.

Tomorrow the Dream comes into PC. I am thinking of getting up early - 6am to see it come in. The park near the port has a campground and I heard it was already full of campers waiting to see the Dream.

Daughter and grandchildren leave tomorrow so I will get a chance to get some serious packing done.

Someone asked about the cost of water on board- It is about $37 s case!

packed, kids school work complete, work was great today - people stayed away as I cut a huge swath through everyone. Flight out in 9 hours. Happy trails to everyone. see everyone on board.

Sweet Dreams, all! We leave the house at 7:30am for 9:15 flight tomorrow!:banana:

See you soon!:rotfl2:

Finally all packed! We drive to Toronto tomorrow, we have an early flight on Wednesday morning. I can't wait!

Wishing we were there NOW!!!

DD's school has accepted our extended absence paperwork:cool1::cool1: She did a HUGE research paper project during the holiday break and her teachers have been very helpful, makes such a difference!

DH's large duffle bag is packed, our Hyatt overnight bag is packed & DD and I have our contents 'next to' their respective suitcases...now we just have to convince them to get in (sort of like the M&M commercial where the M&Ms don't want to get in the bowl / "YOU get in the bowl")...

2 more days of school & work -- car service picks up at 5 pm Wednesday for our 8 pm SWA flight (HOU to MCO)...wine order from ABCFWS.com should be awaiting us at the Hyatt MCO (let the party begin)...

Safe travels everyone! See you REAL soon:wizard:

Tahara

Hi, All!

Okay here's the final MouseAdventure ("Scavenger Hunt") list. Check to make sure I have your name. I'm sending the final count over to them this morning. We're at AKV now but I'll only be checking in early in the mornings or late at night because we want to spend every second in the parks. It's been great fun getting to know everyone here, and I can't WAIT to see you all in person! Thanks so much for months of fun!!!!

3CStuart
3mmm(2)
A Litle Pixie Dust
aubs42
Bookwood
Brooklyn
bwcb4
Cardidog
Cindy Girl
clungstrum
DCL_FAN_TAC
Disneyana'sAunt
DisneyCruiser83
Disneylove69
Disneymoon0909
Disneynut64 (2)
DisneyPata
DVCinderella(2)
Glindamood
gotomu212
jcnovak1
KayR / dolphingirl47/ DCLtravler
OH 6
Phil & Deborah
Poohbug
poohs4me
rotary2808
RRBB
sak0526
scubadiver
Smartiewdw
Soothymom
sumeto
Tami0220
Tinkryansmom(2)
tinksmom
TracyVP
trekygirl26
Txcnm(2)
TxMermaid1
Waiting to meet Dumbo/ Happy Goofy
WeLuvDCL
Wyndi Mother

Sorry this is so late posting! I had written it very early this morning, but I guess it was TOO early because apparently I just clicked "preview" instead of "submit."

We're out of here tomorrow at 4AM, payments for bills are scheduled for the month and all packed (let's hope the two bottles of wine don't break).:thumbsup2

Sitting at the airport here waiting for our delayed flight:sad2:
Re-booked for the later connecting flight so we are not rushed when we land in Toronto.

At least 12 hours from now we will be arriving in Orlando
:cool1::cool1:

pin56185

Mixology and Hawaiian Shirt Contest Update This is a repeat of the last mixology update with the assignment of session date. I have put everyone who requested a specific date in that date. I have not heard back from 8 people so have assigned them to available space. Note you are assigned to the 11th, 13th or 15th, as indicated before your DisName. This is the list that is being sent to DCL.
I have heard from DCL and we are a go for the mixology and hawaiian shirt contest. However, they insist they will only offer the session to groups of 25. They will offer the tasting 3 times, 1-11, 1-13, and 1-15 at 4:00 in the Cadillac Lounge. The ship stated the cost as $5 each - I think this may be an error as the champagne girls is $15 I have asked for a clarification.

So I need to schedule you into 3 groups on three sea days, (I must have been very bad in a former life!!!) Just like the champagne girls they are telling me they do not allow anyone under 18 into the tasting and will only serve to those 21 and older. So, I will take requests for which session you would like until the session is filled or until Monday. Those who I have not heard from by then I will put into a session on my own and post once I have completed the assignment. I can not schedule you in more then one session as DCL has said they will not add another session.

How It Works: Are you interested in a private DCL mixology tasting? Learn all about how those colorful drinks of the day are made and just who gets to name them. For some additional fun, we’ll have a Hawaiian Shirt Contest, seems to go with all those little paper umbrellas and tropical fruit.

13 #1 Yepod - 6084 - Carolyn & Thomas Westlund –2

11 A Litle Pixie Dust - 7528 - Desiree Beyea – 1

11 ACDSNY – 7620 - Angela & David Chalmers – 2

11 bwcb4 - 2081 - Barb Warner – 1

13 carmie3377 - 6039 - Jarrod & Carmen Knudson- 2

13 clharmon - 5131 - Wallace & Cathy Harmon - 2

13 DAKfever - 6587 - Derek & Kelly Pollard - 2

13 DCL_FAN_TAC - 5133 - Tahara & Clarence Cater – 2

15 DCLtravler - 6321 – Melissa Smith - 1

15 DCLtravler -6019 - Cindy & Jim Amistoso - 2

13 DisneyPata - 6566 - Joyce & Rich Thomason - 2

13 Dolphingirl47 - 6002 – Corinna Ball - 1

15 DreamsComeTrue22 - 7510 – Sarah & Stephen Lombardi & Mary Jane Lombardi - 3

15 emum - 5140 - Paul R*******n - 1

15 emum - 5138 - Sally R*******n 1

13 frozenmickey - 7037 – Jennifer & Andrew Brewster - 2

13 frozenmickey - 7036 - Janice & Bill Dunlop - 2

11 glindamood - 6511 – Gail & David Lindamood - 2

13 Happy Goofy - 6044 - John & Charlotte Gagne - 2

15 jsails - 2530 – Judy & Michael Stouffer - 2

15 Jsails - 2524 - Linda & Gary Skaggs - 2

15 Love_to_travel - 6568 – Beth & David Ciemiewicz - 2

11 Matty204 - 6592 – Matt & Karol Fisch - 2

11 MickeyMagic - 6303 – Susan Whitney, Alysha Whitney 2

11 Mom4mad - 7040 – Mylinda & Marc Bielman - 2

13 Orlandothebeagle - 5009 – Lynne & Leonard Zabek - 2

11 Pixie Dust II - 2560 – Harole Ann Harper & Ryan Boor - 2

11 Poohbug - 2583 – Deanna Deets - 1

11 Poohbug - 5505 - Roger Deets - 1

15 Poohs4me – 8034 – Sherry & Andy B*********y - 2

11 Rose Quartz -2028 – Connie & George Young - 2

11 Sharon Seattle – 6540 – Sharon & Craig Smith - 2

13 Smartiewdw - 2118 - Stephen Ronning - 1

15 SoothyMom - 6528 – Mavis & Stephen Bailow - 2

15 Tami0220 - 7618 - Tami J & Mike V Simpson – 2

15 Tigfanjeff - 8516 – Jeff Carter - 1

15 Tigfanjeff - 6610 – John Tudek - 1

13 Tinksmom - 6074 – Tenya & Joe Tallon - 2

11 Tracyvp - 2502 - Tracy & David Schiller - 2

15 TxMermaid1 - 1048 - Jill Hart - Danny Bousha – 2

11 Valbob89 - 6572 - Val & Bob Vanderheiden – 2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter