From WDW to DL With Love - January 06, 2011 part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to Disney Outlet today. Most all of the princess dresses were half price. Our outlet had all sizes and a large inventory. The only dresses not included were the new Rapunzel, Belle, Tiana and some Cinderella (Cinderella wedding gown was included. They also had Peter Pan, Captain Hook and some other boy costumes. If you have an outlet close by you might want to check it out if you have kids who like to dress up. I stocked up big time!!! That's half off the outlet price, not the regular retail at Disney Stores.

I was thinking there might be good deals after Halloween at costume shops too.

Also, very sad still no Palo brunch.:sad2:

:worship: carmie3377, thanks for the "heads up" on this. We are going to DL in February and rebooked the flight at the $30 rate. Saved $196, which I promptly converted into another DL trip - this time from December 7th to 9th. We still have a $33 credit! Staying at Candy Cane Inn for a change - the AAA rate was $113. YAY!:banana:
Shirley

:thumbsup2

any clue on what's happening to airtran flying points in the next 2 years? are they going to stop giving them out or convert to some kind of southwest points?

what is the process to ensure DH gets decent seats on sw? any seats with extra leg room?

thanks!

Just the bulkhead seats (which are usually taken up by the disabled preboarders) and the exit row seats (which you can't sit in with a child under 15).

If you want to make sure he gets at least an exit row seat..you can't guarantee it. But you can buy him a Business Select ticket, which would mean he boards before anyone except the disabled preboarders and the A list, although it costs a good bit more. You can also try the Early Bird check-in for $10 per person, but that won't guarantee him an exit row either, although it will give him a better shot at it than if you didn't do it.

I am madly trying to skim read to get up to date! The photos of the meet are great. So nice to put faces to names. I am also in awe of the pile of lanyards. Makes me very excited about the cruise which is nice seeing as I just wrote a 7 page letter of complaint to DCL...

Anywho hope you've all been well! I will be super busy over the next few weeks. We have a house plan to submit into council before we leave in 42 days...:eek:

Just the bulkhead seats (which are usually taken up by the disabled preboarders) and the exit row seats (which you can't sit in with a child under 15).

If you want to make sure he gets at least an exit row seat..you can't guarantee it. But you can buy him a Business Select ticket, which would mean he boards before anyone except the disabled preboarders and the A list, although it costs a good bit more. You can also try the Early Bird check-in for $10 per person, but that won't guarantee him an exit row either, although it will give him a better shot at it than if you didn't do it.

My last trip I had 3 exit rows with a35, a32 and b14.

I'm so excited, my sis and her boys are most likely coming for a visit this weekend. :woohoo: I haven't seen them since her youngest was born in June.

I may be heading up to Dallas next weekend (11/5-7). I know someone (was it you Tenya?) that mentioned a Dallas meet. Is anyone up for it then?

That sounds great, somewhere on the North Dallas side would work best for me. I always go to Grapevine Mills to hit the Disney Outlet while I'm there. Do you ever do any shopping there? Or do you have any suggestion of where? I haven't lived up there in almost 7 years and usually I'm running back and forth between Lewisville, Denton, and Gainesville. I'm open for suggestions :goodvibes
Have fun with your sister and nephews. I was just down in S.A. (without kids or husband) visiting my sisters and to celebrate older sister's and BIL's birthdays. It was so nice to be free of my family, even for one night, for the first time in almost 6 years.

The next couple of weekends are crazy busy for us, but depending on time, day and place for meet I might be able to make it. DH and DS have a practice Y Guides camping trip on that Saturday afternoon/night but DD and I are free. Sunday might be a little more tricky, but could maybe swing it.

I went back in my calender to see where we've had DIS meets in the past. I haven't been to any lately but we used to go quite often. I think we used to have DIS meets every 2-3 months. Anyway, here are some of the places we've had DIS meets in the past:
Buca di Beppo (on Hwy 114 in Southlake)
La Hacienda Ranch (on Hwy 121 in Colleyville)
Mimi's Cafe (in Grapevine)
Texas Roadhouse (on Hwy 121)
Logan's (in Lewisville)
Mi Cocina (on Mac Arthur in Irving)
Cotton Patch Cafe (in Grapevine)
Salt Water Willy's (in Grapevine)
Main Street Bistro & Bakery (in Grapevine)
Red Robin (in Grapevine)
Olive Garden (in Grapevine)

I forgot to add...it'd be nice to have other families with young children close to us in our dining rotation. I don't think anyone one would want to sit at our table seeing as there are 20 of us! We will have a 1, 2, 3, ,4 , 5, nearly 6, and three 8 year olds.

Tami – Sorry to be such a disappointment – story of my life.
Actually, when I saw how few shore excursions DCL has in Manzanillo I had thought about exploring private options – for about 2 seconds. I am an over planner and thinker, I even register with the US state department whenever we are going out of the country. Like they are going to do something for us if there is a personal problem --- not. My logic (DH) tells me the problems are mostly at the towns near the Mexican borders, but I can’t be stressed by planning a non-DCL inland trip in Mexico.
I was hoping to go on the whale watching Tinkerbel129 is organizing in Cabo but by the time I heard back from Pez Gato it was full and they don’t have a waiting list. They said they wouldn’t recommend another company. If anyone is on that tour and decides to cancel, could you contact me before you notify them so I might be able to take your place? Thanks
If we stay onboard in Manzanillo, what type of activity might you be interested in? Organized ship tour, mixed drink tasting, scavenger hunt? I’ll think about it. Does anyone have any ideas?
val
On the last PC cruise we had a photo scavenger hunt on one of the sea days. I wish I'd kept a copy of the list because it was so well done. Each photo was worth a certain number of points, depending on how easy/difficult it would be to find. And to ensure the photo was actually taken during the game and not at some random time prior, someone from the team had to be in the photo with whatever it was you were looking for. DH and I had a great time. Even DS (then just 3 1/2) joined us toward the end and had lots of fun.

On the last PC cruise we had a photo scavenger hunt on one of the sea days. I wish I'd kept a copy of the list because it was so well done. Each photo was worth a certain number of points, depending on how easy/difficult it would be to find. And to ensure the photo was actually taken during the game and not at some random time prior, someone from the team had to be in the photo with whatever it was you were looking for. DH and I had a great time. Even DS (then just 3 1/2) joined us toward the end and had lots of fun.

I have a copy somewhere...Roger sent it to me. I will see if I can find it - that was a lot of fun!

Wow 10 weeks! It will be here before we know it. Thank you for the post about SWA fares. My mom will be surprised when she opens her email in the morning. I saved almost $120 on our flights:)

Logan's (in Lewisville)

If that's the steak house....I took a friend to one in Birmingham...told her we're not going for steak, we're going for the ROLLS! :yay: <- had to do about 100 of these to work them off!

I like to think of it as 10 Thursdays to go!

If that's the steak house....I took a friend to one in Birmingham...told her we're not going for steak, we're going for the ROLLS! :yay: <- had to do about 100 of these to work them off!
Could be. I was given a DIS Meet baby shower there and quite honestly the only food I remember is the cute cake that was brought in.

Ho hum still to stateroom # for me....

and awesome some are able to save with SWA specials!! Our flight has not changed price. there is a cheaper flight by $12 but doesn't get to Orlando until 11:45 pm. No thanks.

Wonder why our flight from Oakland is so popular??

Alan - just wondering if you have heard any news on whether SWA will take over the AirTran route to Wichita?? My Dad lives there and was wondering. Hope your trip home was easy and uneventful.

Waiting another 30 days for my stateroom just might kill me....:)

The plummer has been at my house for two long weeks and needs to come back next week ... grrrr ... I need alone time to plan my cruise!

Yay! So my sister and I have finished our FE presents (even ordered extras so have enough for 100 staterooms) and I found a store in the mall that had some really good postcards (for postcard exchange) and we got a discount so postcards were about 35 cents each.

If I wasn't waiting for my passport to come we could leave tomorrow:goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter