From WDW to DL With Love - January 06, 2011 part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone had a navigators veranda before? is it really like a little room? I mean if the weathers decent could you sleep part of the night out there? what else can u tell me about it? thanks!

I have been on one, I think you could nap or "other" things as my friend who is booked in one says.

Anyone had a navigators veranda before? is it really like a little room? I mean if the weathers decent could you sleep part of the night out there? what else can u tell me about it? thanks!

We have never had one..we have one on this cruise though. There are still 3 NV cabins available on deck 5.

Dateline Ocala FL

Getting closer to the world. Today we visited the Aviation museum at Warner Robins AFB, GA and then hit the road - and kept driving and driving until we stopped here :)

Well, sad day for the Lindamood family - DH's mom fell and broke her hip this morning so the December reunion will not be. I just hope she gets through the surgery and back up on her feet without any major complications. But, she is 88 so we shall see how that goes.

Oh SO sorry! Hope she has a speedy and pain free recovery.

We picked Karmina based on reviews elsewhere about all the resorts. Karmina was rated the highest. Plus it had pools and beach. They also had water activities like kayaks. And beer/ wine/ drinks are included, not just soda. Hey gotta have something for mom and dad too!

Interesting - bar was included in Las Halas too, which was my first choice. May have to think about it some more.

Glad to see some people are going on the banana bus with us in Aruba. When I get off the road, I'll start a list.

We've had a Navigator's before... Yes you could sleep on it. It's not really a room, esp on the Wonder as the "hole" is quite big.

Everyone needing formal dresses for little girls - just spent $59 on ebay and got 2 dresses for both of my girls. Total for 4 formal dresses!!:woohoo: Look up ebay store capesforalloccasions

They ship from LA.:thumbsup2
I just looked, they do have some beautiful dresses! DD is just SO hard to fit. She's tall and thin and the "girl's" sizes are usually way to wide to get the right length. To get one to fit her in the waist it would be really, really short! I've tried moving up to the junior dresses since they seem to be more slim fit but she says they are too revealing. So, I have to respect her decision in that :thumbsup2 Cute casual dresses I can get away with because we stick a cami underneath. Don't think that would look to good with a formal! I might just have to find a really good deal on something and have it altered.

I was suprised but I found some pretty ones for my girls at GoodWill ... I was there looking for Disco night stuff .... They love them!
I wish our GoodWill had decent stuff. We went the other day to look for dresses for her and they had nothing of the sort. I glanced around at everything else and it just looked like a bunch of overpriced, faded, and outdated stuff. I've bought stuff at Childrens Place and Macys for less than they were charging.

Old Navy has an additional 50% off clearance if anyone is looking for summer stuff for the cruise. I don't buy a lot there for me as I don't think the quality is all that great but since the kids will outgrow in 6 months, I do buy them some things there. They had boys swim trunks for $2.49, a bunch of screen tee shirts for $3.00, shorts for around $3-4.

Speaking of all the cruise discounts, I'm hoping the upgrade fairy will be out and about since there are still a lot of available cabins. I know she made a lot of visits to the EBTA and I hope she comes out for this one too! I would love a porthole. But if not, I'm just happy to be on the cruise :goodvibes.

I don't think you'll have a problem...everything was still available except for one of the dolphin things. If you want any specifics on some of the excursions, let me know and I would be happy to look it up.

Would you mind looking up the times for the Sail & Snorkel in Aruba and Whale Watching in Cabo? I'm still trying to decide which Whale Watching to go on.

Day 9 - Puntarenas

Monteverde 'Trainforest'
Friday, January 14, 2011
8:00 AM - 5:15 PM

Thanks Robin!

Booked the Sail & Snorkeling Aruba (for now, might do something private instead)

Monteverde 'Trainforest'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b02nrTlN8xM

Beside doing a general google search on excursions, I found youtube to be a big help.

Thanks for the youtube link. I was checking out their Facebook page a couple of weeks ago and I've checked out a few youtube videos. If we get a clear day we should see some great scenery.

I think CA resident rates would be GREAT!! I mean we are leaving from FL and arriving in CA - right??:confused3:thumbsup2

Alan - what would SWA charge me to change my flights to a So Cal airport? Not sure that even makes it any easier.

I agree I think we should get a CA resident rate!

The best part about SWA is how easy it is to make changes to your flights with no penalties.:thumbsup2

Well I hope it is worth it to you. I hope I helped. The website should be able to tell you the cost if any. Just act like you are going to do the exchange but don't.

Thanks Alan. Just have to decide how to best work this. Turns out moving 8 people around is a bit difficult.

I was suprised but I found some pretty ones for my girls at GoodWill ... I was there looking for Disco night stuff .... They love them!

Its awesome you have a good Goodwill store! I might head there when we get the schedule of special nights. Although other than pirate night I don't think we will get costumed up.

After looking at our PIF receipt I am thinking of downgrading from a category 5C. I want a verandah but not a navigators verandah. So guess I am staying put.:lmao:

For FE, it can be whatever you want. Things can be a simple as Halloween type candy, or as complex as you want. You can do something for the entire room or for each individual person. Some people are simply personalizing stuff for the children only, and that's fine too.

Long story short, don't kill yourself over FE gifts. The purpose is to be a nice surprise when you get back to your room.
We are doing 4-5 things throughout the cruise but only one per room...
Yes, that is part of why I like zazzle. I've set it to basically give everyone the option to do pretty much whatever they want. Definitely helps satisfy everyone. I just wish they didn't require I take a fee.

So far, its $5.50 going to GKTW.

Just in case anyone is interested...in the process of creating the program, I have downloaded a number of fonts that you may be interested in having (of course most of you probably already have them)...I have the standard Disney font, the DCL font and a font that is similar to the "Wonder" written on the ship (the real one was impossible to find as I guess they took "Bookman" and made it more "swirly")...anyway, if you would like the fonts to use for your shirts, PM me and I will send you the file so that you can install them on your computer. Or, if you would prefer, let me know what you want it to say and in what font and I will send you a JPEG of it.
How awesome is that?

Well, sad day for the Lindamood family - DH's mom fell and broke her hip this morning so the December reunion will not be. I just hope she gets through the surgery and back up on her feet without any major complications. But, she is 88 so we shall see how that goes.
SO very sorry to hear about your MIL!!! I hope she recovers quickly and that you will all be able to have an opportunity to do the reunion again.
Would you mind looking up the times for the Sail & Snorkel in Aruba and Whale Watching in Cabo? I'm still trying to decide which Whale Watching to go on.
Both are still available===Sail & Snorkel in Aruba(8:45-12:30) and Whale Watching in Cabo (9:45-11:45)

For those of you worried about getting shore excursions, I just checked and EVERYTHING is still available for EVERY port EXCEPT "Dolphin trainer for a day" and "Whale photo safari" (both in PV):cool1:

~M

Thanks for the well wishes for DMIL - if her blood counts were good this morning (she takes a blood thinner) she is having surgery as I type. I am in such a funk over this - even I can't believe it, took the day off as I was pretty worthless yesterday.

So, everyone have a good weekend - raining cats and dogs here and windy. I need to go to the store so I guess I just need to buck up and get going.

Thanks for the well wishes for DMIL - if her blood counts were good this morning (she takes a blood thinner) she is having surgery as I type. I am in such a funk over this - even I can't believe it, took the day off as I was pretty worthless yesterday.

So, everyone have a good weekend - raining cats and dogs here and windy. I need to go to the store so I guess I just need to buck up and get going.

Hang in there Gail...in 15 weeks you'll be basking in the sunshine at Castaway Cay:cool1::cool1:

HAPPY FRIDAY everyone!!!

Will keep your family in my thoughts!

My dd sold her house this week and bought a new one yesterday. She called this morning to say they accepted their offer. She and my dsil are :cloud9:. Their contract on their house ended in October so this was the perfect ment to be situation. I just can't wait until I go down in December to the new house. Now I have to call DCL to change address and all that good stuff. We were so ready for good news and I am so happy for them and Just feel so happy. Her Daddy would be beaming from ear to ear with joy! They so deserve this home.:woohoo:

Both are still available===Sail & Snorkel in Aruba(8:45-12:30) and Whale Watching in Cabo (9:45-11:45)

~M

Thanks for the times! I'll try to narrow down our stuff this weekend. Anyone know the size of the boat on the non-disney whale watching in Cabo?

Don't be too hard on yourself for being in a funk you have alot on your plate right now and the weather isn't helping. Hang in there and we'll all be wishing you brighter days in the near future.:hug:

My dd sold her house this week and bought a new one yesterday. She called this morning to say they accepted their offer. She and my dsil are :cloud9:. Their contract on their house ended in October so this was the perfect ment to be situation. I just can't wait until I go down in December to the new house. Now I have to call DCL to change address and all that good stuff. We were so ready for good news and I am so happy for them and Just feel so happy. Her Daddy would be beaming from ear to ear with joy! They so deserve this home.:woohoo:

Awesome news! I hope they have many happy years in their new home.

Awesome news! :cheer2: I know how stressful it can be when trying to sell and buy a house at the same time. So I'm so happy they found a new home and they will soon be able to relax and enjoy.

I have some good news of my own today. My parents found us a dining room set at a garage sale this morning. :banana: It is in excellent condition, has a matching china cabinet and a leaf to make it about 8 feet long and comfortably sit 10 people, although we could probably squeeze in 2 more. We've been looking for one since we moved (over a year now) and couldn't find anything we like, new or used. We like lighter wood. Everything we've found is either dark wood or country looking and we have very contemporary taste. So glad we will have the room to entertain this year for the holidays!

Gail, I hope all our good news rubs off on you and DMIL recovers quickly! :wizard:

Awesome news! :cheer2: I know how stressful it can be when trying to sell and buy a house at the same time. So I'm so happy they found a new home and they will soon be able to relax and enjoy.

I have some good news of my own today. My parents found us a dining room set at a garage sale this morning. :banana: It is in excellent condition, has a matching china cabinet and a leaf to make it about 8 feet long and comfortably sit 10 people, although we could probably squeeze in 2 more. We've been looking for one since we moved (over a year now) and couldn't find anything we like, new or used. We like lighter wood. Everything we've found is either dark wood or country looking and we have very contemporary taste. So glad we will have the room to entertain this year for the holidays!

Gail, I hope all our good news rubs off on you and DMIL recovers quickly! :wizard:

Nice find on the table! Enjoy :cool1:

I am finally caught up on my readying of the thread. Took pages of this thread last night when we went to see Young Frankenstein - Great Musical!!:lmao::rotfl2::banana:
Today I'm off to stay at GC DVC and attend the D23 event for this year at the Disneyland Hotel. My BF was to go with me, but she can't make it and I will miss her.
Finally taking some vacation days from work this year.:cheer2:
Joyce

aw, cool! a friend of mine (and recent previous DCL CM) is in that!

How exciting about your table & china cabinet. You are really set for the holidays. That is just wonderful!

Hoping for a fast recovery for Gail's mil. I know how upset you must be.:hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter