From WDW to DL With Love - January 06, 2011 part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been great for DH, he uses it while going all around our ranch property and he's never still for long.

Oh no! Nothing ever seems to go smoothly around weddings. Hang in there!

Good/bad news on the doggies. I received a call early this morning that someone picked up our Lab (Gus) over 7 miles away and I brought him home. He's lost about 15 pounds, but otherwise in great shape. He goes into the vet later today to get a spot on his shoulder checked out. No sign of our Border collie (Tink) yet.

We will hope it is just good news and no news and that Tink will make it back safe and sound as well. Good luck.

We are in escrow! If all goes well we close in 30 days!

How does this tie in to the cruise?

We weren't sure which way were going to get to LAX.... now we know! :banana:

YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! That is awesome news.

Well, happy Friday everyone. Hope you have a grand weekend. I will have news but you all have to wait til this evening so I don't jinx anything.

Congats!!!!!!! Well I am off to Disneyland today. Going solo since the earliest DW comes home is a week from today. Still I want to see Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy and Haunted Mansion Holiday. I have heard both have changes for this year and they are good changes so I really want to check them out. This also means standing in long lines today. Oh well. I will have to bring in my headphones so I can listen to the iPod.

Well I just had the scare of my life. While sitting at home in our apartment watching my NYPD Blue DVD's I heard a really loud explosion. .
Glad you are OK Alan! How frightening!

Where is the Make-A-Wish fundraiser? I always sell angels for them at Christmas in the local mall. And when in Florida alone in the winter, volunteer at Give Kids the world - so MAW is near and dear to my heart!

We will be away for a few days. We are also campers and we are going to a fund raiser for the Make A Wish Foundation which grants wishes to sick children. Last year they raised over $30,000 in CT and helped grant three wishes- all to Disney World .

You cannot imagine how much MAW makes a huge difference to those whose life and whose children are touched by a life threatening illness. It provides such a wonderful opportunity and sense of normality to the family. We haven't had one, but we were and are facing a challenge. We happened to be heading off on a disney cruise 5 days after the diagnosis and surgery #1 was booked and the cruise was very timely! Thank you so much for volunteering! You really have no clue how much your work helps!!!!:worship:
Wine Meet and Greet - Part 2

Ok guys, I'm working on getting the wine meet and greet hammered out. Right now I'm looking at the first sea day, probably around 2pm, in Diversions or Cadillac.

Here's where I'm stuck. Doing a trayed party for 40 people is a little bit out of my reach, even if I charge a nominal fee per person. Keeping things as transparent as possible, for 2 hours, we'd basically be looking at over $1000 before corkage fees even came into play.

So, what I'm going to look at instead is seeing if I can finagle the space for 2 hours for a flat rate, have a table set up with 40-50 wine glasses, an empty table for us to place our bottles on as well as handling self opening and pouring (I'll handle bar duties if needed :)) and ordering 2 fruit and 2 cheese platters for the event. (The platters apparently feed about 12-15 people). If I can work it out to handle that for about $500, I think that ends up being reasonable for people to throw some donations in to help offset my cost.

Give them a choice. Tell them they can give us a group discount on the cruise...or throw in the party!

We are in, we would be happy to donate or whatever you come up with.

Good/bad news on the doggies. I received a call early this morning that someone picked up our Lab (Gus) over 7 miles away and I brought him home. He's lost about 15 pounds, but otherwise in great shape. He goes into the vet later today to get a spot on his shoulder checked out. No sign of our Border collie (Tink) yet.

They booked different excursions. My cat (Empress Woo-not disney?!) once disappeard for 22 days. I called and drove around (we are on a farm) and asked neighbours. We found her across the road mousing around the bins. I expected her to be all raggety and thin. She was FAT and stong and had glossy fur and seemed rather pleased with herself. She hadn't been far from home, she was just choosing not to see or hear us. I hope you have a similar experience...just mabye not 22 days!!!

I am so happy one of them have made it home! I will keep good thoughts for Tink!

Congrats! :cool1:

I am a huge horse fan. Competed for many years. I know Secretarit comes out in a few weeks. What would the chance be to have it on the big screen during CR? We are staying onboard. I am sure it will be shown in the theater but seei it on the Big Screen would be fantastic?
Lexi

So pleased to hear about Gus. I'm sure with lots of love and care he will be back to his normal self. Hopefully Tink will turn up very quickly now too.

Happy to hear one dog made it back. I can't imagine the relief yet disappointment that it's only one. Hopefully, Tink will be home soon too.

We will hope it is just good news and no news and that Tink will make it back safe and sound as well. Good luck.

YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! That is awesome news.

Mega Ditto! Good thoughts :)

I am so happy one of them have made it home! I will keep good thoughts for Tink!

Thanks everyone for all the well wishes. Gus has 3 staples on his shoulder and checked out just fine. He'll be milking this for all it's worth since he gets to stay inside until his staples come out.

Yes it's very bittersweet as we're thrilled to have Gus back, but sad Tink is still missing. I've been driving around the area where Gus was found, but no luck.

Originally Posted by Shoshie

Congrats Shoshie! :thumbsup2

So glad to hear one dog is home, will pray the other is found ASAP!

To all those observing Yom Kippur this weekend, an easy fast to you. We're headed to MIL's for dinner in a few minutes then off to services and fasting until tomorrow night.

And I can't remember who asked, but here's a link to my EBPC cruise from 2008 for anyone interested in looking. It's by no means complete, but it's a start on the thousands of pics I have from that trip. (I tried to get the layouts in order since I don't scrap that way.)
http://scrapmatters.com/gallery3/showgallery.php/cat/1388

Anyone going to the Rally to Restore Sanity, or the Rally to Keep Fear Alive in D.C. on 10/30? :cool2:

So happy to hear Gus is home with minor injuries. Hopefully Tink will show up this weekend. Maybe some telephone pole signs in that area.

Congrats!!:woohoo:

And I can't remember who asked, but here's a link to my EBPC cruise from 2008 for anyone interested in looking. It's by no means complete, but it's a start on the thousands of pics I have from that trip. (I tried to get the layouts in order since I don't scrap that way.)

Nice job!! I hope our weather is as beautiful as it was on that cruise.

I know a while ago there was discussion about having a craft day or two... I wondered if anyone would be interested in doing a scrapbook swap. I was thinking each person would make/bring enough supplies for a two page layout for each person in the group and we would each take a different port or sea day. For sea days a general cruise theme or theme around one of the shows would be great. So if 10 people participate, you make 9 sets of supplies to do a two page layout to give to the other people in the group and in exchange you get 9 different "kits" back. What do you think? Anyone interested??

Glad to hear at least one doggle is home. Pixie dust that the other is soon to follow.

Congrats on the new home, Shoshi!

To all those observing Yom Kippur this weekend, an easy fast to you. We're headed to MIL's for dinner in a few minutes then off to services and fasting until tomorrow night.

Those are LOVELY, Robin! Are they digital or paper? Have you been over on the scrapbook board?

Tammy, if you can rally enough people to do it, I'm in. I had the best time in the page swap on our double dip. You want to write up some specs (ie size, materials etc) and I'll post it up to the first page?

It's been great for DH, he uses it while going all around our ranch property and he's never still for long.

Glad you have one of your fur babies back. Still keeping everything crossed for you for Tink. Hopefully this weekend you will get good news pixiedust:

:cool1::cool1::cool1:

Congratulations

Nice job. I love seeing other people's pages - it gives me inspiration.

BTW - is there a 'greeting' or similar that is traditional for those observing Yom Kippur. I don't know much about the surrounding customs and traditions :confused3, but I would love to learn (perhaps on the cruise) and show my respect in what ever way is appropriate. In the mean time, and to quote you back an easy fast to you, your family and all other fellow DisBoarders who may be observing Yom Kippur.

I know a while ago there was discussion about having a craft day or two... I wondered if anyone would be interested in doing a scrapbook swap. I was thinking each person would make/bring enough supplies for a two page layout for each person in the group and we would each take a different port or sea day. For sea days a general cruise theme or theme around one of the shows would be great. So if 10 people participate, you make 9 sets of supplies to do a two page layout to give to the other people in the group and in exchange you get 9 different "kits" back. What do you think? Anyone interested??

I do digital so couldn't participate in a paper swap. I would be interested in perhaps a digital page swap if there was interest. OK I will have to learn how to make a quickpage first, but I love to learn!

Have a great weekend everyone!

-Kay

Alan - how were the lines??

Shoshie - Congratulations!

Angela - so happy Gus is home! Pixie Dust Tink is not far behind!

Tami - :hug: Everything will turn out in the end. Hang in there.

Tammy - I am interested in the scrapping swap - keep us posted on the interest!

OK - still working out excursions like everyone else. I have a 3 year old so alot are out for us. We will be signing up for ziplining in PV for sure. Someone mentioned the glassblowing factory - where was that again?? I need to look at that. Whale watching should be good but 3 year old cannot go. DD10 and I really want to do the Teen surfing thing - so going to research another option as neither of us are teens....:confused3

Also, I know a few of the men were interested in deep sea fishing. I asked my uncle if his boats would be in waters near us - his will not be - but several of his friends run boats as well. So if there is any interest I get more info - please let me know.

I don't have the requisite 10 posts to pm.
Can we get on spreadsheet and fe?

mary & ted 6037
Linda and nancy 6034

representing arlington tx, denver co and lakewood ca

thanks

I am so happy to hear about Gus! You most be relieved to have one home and I'm sure Tink is on her way. She just has to take care of Captain Hook! No rest for fairies-even the canine version. I will be praying for a speedy return.

I would love to participate so please keep me posted on the details.

*Tami, I'm so sorry to hear about all of the drama you have had to endure and I hope tomorrow is beautiful!

*congrats on the house! What an exciting time to be moving...a new home for the holidays.

Well, I wish I could post some happy or entertaining anecdote, but unfortunately I am completely tapped. I woke up this morning to find that my older Brittany Aspen, had fallen in the pool and drowned. I motored through work on autopilot and now I have a wicked headache from crying all day. It's early but I feel like I've been up for days! So, I am off to bed to try and rest. Keep your loved ones close and tell them you love them every day (even the furry ones).
Sweet dreams everyone!
-Melissa

Nice job!! I hope our weather is as beautiful as it was on that cruise.
Thanks.
Those are LOVELY, Robin! Are they digital or paper? Have you been over on the scrapbook board?

Tammy, if you can rally enough people to do it, I'm in. I had the best time in the page swap on our double dip. You want to write up some specs (ie size, materials etc) and I'll post it up to the first page?
Thanks. They're all digital. I used to paper scrap but that was before DD came along and I actually got a chance to sit down with all my supplies. I started digi scrapping because she never gave me a moment's peace whenever I tried to do anything AND because I was spending hours in the car while she napped. So I started taking my laptop with me just to do something productive and found that I love digi scrapping - the freedom to do it anywhere, the ability to use the same "supplies" over and over again without having to go buy more, and the flexibility to modify "papers" and "embellishments" to fit my needs.

We did a scrapping swap on the 2008 EBPC. (I was still "trying" to paper scrap at the time.) I think we ended up with about 20 participants. We started out communicating through emails, but all those "reply to all" messages got overwhelming. So we created a thread here on the DIS in the Scrapbooking forum to keep up with what we were doing and it worked really well. Just thought I'd throw that piece of experience out there if y'all decide to do a swap for this cruise.

Nice job. I love seeing other people's pages - it gives me inspiration.

BTW - is there a 'greeting' or similar that is traditional for those observing Yom Kippur. I don't know much about the surrounding customs and traditions :confused3, but I would love to learn (perhaps on the cruise) and show my respect in what ever way is appropriate. In the mean time, and to quote you back an easy fast to you, your family and all other fellow DisBoarders who may be observing Yom Kippur.

I do digital so couldn't participate in a paper swap. I would be interested in perhaps a digital page swap if there was interest. OK I will have to learn how to make a quickpage first, but I love to learn!
-Kay
Thanks. I'm glad I could provide a bit of inspiration to you.

I usually just wish others an easy fast on Yom Kippur, as opposed to a Happy New Year for Rosh Hashana which was last week.

A quick page exchange would be fun for us digi-scrappers. But I wonder about the designers' TOU if it would be okay. Hmmm, something to check into. In the mean time, here's a couple of links for a tutorial on making Quick Pages. The first one goes into making a QP from a layout. The second talks about making the QP from scratch (which also links to the first one.)
http://scrapmatters.com/wordpress/2008/07/24/how-to-create-a-quick-page-tutorial-and-freebie/
http://scrapmatters.com/forums/showthread.php?p=16881#post16881

Well, I wish I could post some happy or entertaining anecdote, but unfortunately I am completely tapped. I woke up this morning to find that my older Brittany Aspen, had fallen in the pool and drowned. I motored through work on autopilot and now I have a wicked headache from crying all day. It's early but I feel like I've been up for days! So, I am off to bed to try and rest. Keep your loved ones close and tell them you love them every day (even the furry ones).
Sweet dreams everyone!
-Melissa
I'm so sorry about your dog. What a terribly sad thing to wake up to. Hugs to you.

Welcome to our fellow Arlintonites! We will have to meet up. We live near Martin high school.

I don't have the requisite 10 posts to pm.
Can we get on spreadsheet and fe?

mary & ted 6037
Linda and nancy 6034

representing arlington tx, denver co and lakewood ca

thanks

So sorry to hear about all the tragedies befalling furbabies! We lost our Duchess 10 months ago. Hugs and prayers. Pixie dust for Tinks return.

Tami, hugs and prayers for a beautiful wedding.
Soshie, congrats on the house.
Alan, glad your home is safe and pray your DW's dad will be fine.

I'm going to book the whale watching in Cabo tomorrow. We're hoping for the train and boat excursion in CR and will probably rent a jeep in Aruba.

I hope to have information on the bracelets next week. Carly and I have started our own handcrafted jewelry business and I've been busy trying to get it off the ground.

Happy Weekend!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter