From WDW to DL With Love - January 06, 2011 part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a rumour that the Magic, the Wonder, and the Dream will all be at Castaway Cay for a photo op while we are there!!!

That would be soooooooo COOOOOOOOOL!!!!!

As long as passengers from all 3 ships aren't on shore at the same time. That could get just a bit too crowded....

Just saw news coverage of flooding up the DFW area. Hope everyone is safe and that you were spared from the flooding!
It was a VERY dark, rainy morning. And the idiots were out in force. At least 3 times I had my windshield blasted with so much water I couldn't see anything and prayed there wasn't anyone stopped in front of me. And then this evening we were heading up to a cousin's house for dinner and hit "parking lot" traffic, while on the radio they were saying tornados in the area and to get inside safe place. We were sitting right in the path of supposed tornados but thankfully the storms weakened and the warnings ended without any problems (except anxiety).

Robin - excuse my ignorance, but is that Yiddish ? What are you celebrating ?

Cheers,
Sally :)
It's Hebrew and means Happy New Year. The Jewish New Year holiday started this evening and it's customary to send out greetings of this sort to family and friends (kind of like sending out Christmas cards.)

That's so cute! Did you make that?
Thanks and yes. I never thought I'd say this (after years as a traditional scrapbooker), but I just love digital scrapbooking.

As long as passengers from all 3 ships aren't on shore at the same time. That could get just a bit too crowded....

I didn't even think about the other ships, but we'll be at CC on a Friday, which is when most 7 day cruises are at Castaway Cay... I would not be surprised if the Wonder and Magic were there at the same time, but if the Dream is there...wow! That's be cool to see all 3 ships, but that'd be a LOT of people!!

I agree that I hope that it's just the Wonder passengers on the island. My son really wants to parasail on CC. We had him booked for parasailing on our last cruise and it was cancelled because it was too windy. If there are passengers from the Magic (or even the dream) on the island with booked excursions, hopefully we can get a parasailing slot (we don't book excursions until Oct 8... we're silver).

I guess we'll see!!

I copied the information here I got from http://www.coachamerica.com/graylineanaheim/tours_shuttles.cfm

Disneyland® Resort Express/ Airport Shuttle: LAX Round-Trip
$2 OFF our regular fare!
Departures from LAX daily on an hourly basis from 7:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m., with service offered every 30 minutes from 10:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Hourly service resumes at 4:30 p.m. until 10:30 p.m.

Adults
$30.00
Child
$23.00

Here is a link to a coupon for $5 off per person: http://www.anaheimoc.org/member_details/member_detail.asp?memberID=16394

You would have to get to LAX from port, but it could be an option for some doing LA/DL.

My name is Wyndi, and my daughter, Tennessee, and I will be cruising for the first time! We are very, very excited to be sharing this trip with our friends, the Schillers, and with all the other Disney cruise enthusiasts. I am off to explore the boards!!

Welcome, Wyndi and Tennessee! You'll find this board moves kind of quickly, so don't worry if you can't keep up. Just know that most of the pertinent info is posted on page one of the thread. Start there, and don't be afraid to ask questions! There are a lot of friendly folk here and I don't think most of them bite (much!)

Welcome Wendi and Tennessee! Glad you could join us! How old is your DD?
Sad to say goodbye to so many cruisers today...I hope we will meet again at another time (maybe on the rumored Hawaiian cruise).
RE: CC with all three ships...isn't the first Dream cruise AFTER we're in CA? I can see having the ship there for a photo op, but won't it be empty?
I hope everyone has a great day tomorrow, or today (depending on when you read this)
Night, night!
-Melissa

...and my husband and I will be going on the Panama Canal cruise. We are so excited! When we first started planning for this cruise, I was so bummed because I couldn't find any additional information about it, and couldn't seem to find anyone else who was going. Then I looked on the DISboards and have been following this thread ever since! I didn't chime in until now because I'm kind of shy :flower3:, but we'd be interested in joining the FE group and in going to the SoCal meet at DL on 10/24 (hope it's okay even though we're newbies!).

RE: CC with all three ships...isn't the first Dream cruise AFTER we're in CA? I can see having the ship there for a photo op, but won't it be empty?
-Melissa

OOH! Even Better! We'd get to see it and there wouldn't be all those pesky passengers crowding CC! And maybe they'd even let us all come on board for a tour! :banana::banana::banana: (Hey, a girl can dream, can't she??? :)

...and my husband and I will be going on the Panama Canal cruise. We are so excited! When we first started planning for this cruise, I was so bummed because I couldn't find any additional information about it, and couldn't seem to find anyone else who was going. Then I looked on the DISboards and have been following this thread ever since! I didn't chime in until now because I'm kind of shy :flower3:, but we'd be interested in joining the FE group and in going to the SoCal meet at DL on 10/24 (hope it's okay even though we're newbies!).

Welcome, Pixzpwr! (and your husband!) :wave2: Jump in and make yourself at home! We're glad to have you, even if you just lurk a bit! I'm not a terribly prolific poster myself but I've so enjoyed reading all the great info. We'd LOVE to have you join in the pre-cruise meet on the 24th! The more DISers the merrier! :goodvibes

Thanks so much for making me (us! :)) feel so welcome! This thread really has been a wealth of information, plus, it gets us even more excited about the cruise!!!

I just checked the Magic's schedule on wdwinfo.com, and the Magic sets sail on a 10-night EC holiday cruise on 12/29. According to the itinerary, they are at CC on Friday 1/7...same as us. I had heard about the photo op, but thought they would do it out in the ocean somewhere. I had no idea both ships would be at CC at the same time. Has DCL ever done this before? Two ships & their passengers on the island at the same time? It's late so I might not be reading the schedule right :confused3

I understand this may be the only chance to get this photo op of all 3 ships, since the Wonder is moving to the west coast. But honestly, I'll be a little bummed if CC is really crowded.

I just checked the Magic's schedule on wdwinfo.com, and the Magic sets sail on a 10-night EC holiday cruise on 12/29. According to the itinerary, they are at CC on Friday 1/7...same as us. I had heard about the photo op, but thought they would do it out in the ocean somewhere. I had no idea both ships would be at CC at the same time. Has DCL ever done this before? Two ships & their passengers on the island at the same time? It's late so I might not be reading the schedule right :confused3

I understand this may be the only chance to get this photo op of all 3 ships, since the Wonder is moving to the west coast. But honestly, I'll be a little bummed if CC is really crowded.

I don't think we need to be worried about Castaway Cay being crowded. The 10-night EC was switched to 2 5-night Bahamian cruises and according to the DCL site the Magic is at CC on January 6 and is spending the day at sea on the 7th.

I know someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I thought that CC could only have one ship in port at any given time.:confused3

Hi and welcome.:wave:

Welcome PIXZPWR!

I was just informed by DCL that the wonder will not have cots. Is this right? I find this rather strange. Has anyone been on the Wonder and have had a cot in their room?

Also, seeing as we're talking about castaway cay, are we able to decide when we're there what we want to do? e.g if we don't book a certain excursion before hand does that mean that we won't be able to decide to do it on the day?

I didn't even think about the other ships, but we'll be at CC on a Friday, which is when most 7 day cruises are at Castaway Cay... I would not be surprised if the Wonder and Magic were there at the same time, but if the Dream is there...wow! That's be cool to see all 3 ships, but that'd be a LOT of people!!

I agree that I hope that it's just the Wonder passengers on the island. My son really wants to parasail on CC. We had him booked for parasailing on our last cruise and it was cancelled because it was too windy. If there are passengers from the Magic (or even the dream) on the island with booked excursions, hopefully we can get a parasailing slot (we don't book excursions until Oct 8... we're silver).

I guess we'll see!!

I don't think we need to be worried about Castaway Cay being crowded. The 10-night EC was switched to 2 5-night Bahamian cruises and according to the DCL site the Magic is at CC on January 6 and is spending the day at sea on the 7th.

I know someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I thought that CC could only have one ship in port at any given time.:confused3

DCL is indeed showing the Magic at CC on Thursday and we'll be there Friday.

Now, the Magic does have a sea day the next day - so there is nothing to prevent her from sticking around nearby on Friday. I don't recall what I've read about the Dream's schedule, but she will be in the general area.

So, a photo-op that day near Castaway Cay is logistically possible. That would be a real treat.

We talked very early on about a possible photo opportunity at or near Castaway Cay. As you say, we are there on the 7th, the Magic is having a sea day and could be close at hand, and rumour has it that there is a travel agent short cruise on the Dream out at sea just at that time. It does seem a great opportunity, and probably the only time all three ships could be close together, unless they wangle something else before then. I'm sure DCL would want a photo of all three ships together if possible.

It would be great to be there.

GOOD Morning, Happy Cruisers! Day shift, checking in.

Thanks and yes. I never thought I'd say this (after years as a traditional scrapbooker), but I just love digital scrapbooking.
Have you been over on the scrapbook board (Under creative community)? I'd love to have you put up a link to your digital gallery :) Paper scrapper here:cutie:

WELCOME aboard! Please check the 1st post on this thread for detailed information. Also please pm or email your information to TigFanJeff for our website. Link to the website is in my signature.

I think there have been occasions where one ship was at sea and the other at CC - I've seen photos of one from the other. Just as easy to have two off shore and one at dock.

Welcome PIXZPWR!

I was just informed by DCL that the wonder will not have cots. Is this right? I find this rather strange. Has anyone been on the Wonder and have had a cot in their room?

Also, seeing as we're talking about castaway cay, are we able to decide when we're there what we want to do? e.g if we don't book a certain excursion before hand does that mean that we won't be able to decide to do it on the day?

Neither ship has "cots" at least the American terminology for cot. There are no space. They do put in a pack and play for the wee ones to sleep in but it takes up virtually ALL the available floor space. So if you mean "cot" as in "baby crib", that's what you'll get.

You *Will* find plenty to do on Castaway Cay, but you likely will not be able to book parasailing and some boat adventures on the day because they fill up. Bikes and snorkling should not be a problem.

We talked very early on about a possible photo opportunity at or near Castaway Cay. As you say, we are there on the 7th, the Magic is having a sea day and could be close at hand, and rumour has it that there is a travel agent short cruise on the Dream out at sea just at that time. It does seem a great opportunity, and probably the only time all three ships could be close together, unless they wangle something else before then. I'm sure DCL would want a photo of all three ships together if possible.

It would be great to be there.

That's what I'm thinking. I "heard" the ship is crossing in December.

Welcome to our new posters - glad to have you posting :)

Shushh - do you mean a port-a-cot, or a proper cot ? (Crib to those in the US). I've def. Seen photos of travelcots in cabins ....

Wow about the possible photo op. ! Wouldn't that be fabulous ?

That's it from me for the evening - off to watch Heston Blumenthal create a gothic feast.

Cheers,
Sally :)

I know we have been over this...

What are the rules for bringing your own beverages on board?

Also, does anyone know what time they admit you to MK for the MVMCP? I heard you could get in as early as 4pm with your bracelets but the party doesn't start until 7. True?

You can bring your own alcohol on board. You must have it in your carry on and no hard sided coolers. There is no limit.
I'm hearing they have changed the rules for the hard ticket parties. In the past you could get into the park at 4pm with your ticket for the Halloween or Christmas party. Rumor has it this year you will not be able to. If you have a regular pass you'll be able to get it, but otherwise you will have to wait until party time (or close to).

Welcome PIXZPWR!

So much English and yet we need translations! We have English English, Scottish English, American English and Australian English. Whew!

If you mean a travel bed for an infant or a small child, yes they have those. They are called Pack N Plays here.

Welcome to the new cruisers- I don't post very often but read most days (only way to keep up LOL).

I hope all 3 ships are there for the photo op that would be soo cool.

I'm in for the CC 5K also- but I don't know about DH (gotta keep in some kind of shape for the Princess in Feb)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter