From WDW to DL With Love - January 06, 2011 part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hot here but today is supposed to be the last of it. They are predicting mid 40's tomorrow night and just in the 70's through the weekend. Fingers crossed it stays that way.
Today's our last day (for a while) of relively mild temps AND thunderstorms. Then the temp is headed up, Up, UP! Supposed to be around 103 by the weekend.

So sorry to hear of the loss of 2 fathers. My prayers go out to you for strength.
Thanks, I'll pass your kind words onto DH.

Has there been any discussion about photo sharing after the cruise? Since I missed so much of the chatter in the last 2 threads I have no idea and no time to go back and check.

For the EB in 2008 we had a SmugMug account set up where everyone could share photos from the cruise, as well as pre-cruise meets and time spent in the parks before and after. I went through and downloaded hundreds of beautiful photos that others took - some that I missed myself, others that were better than the ones I took. And now I'm using lots of them as I try to finish scrapping that trip. (I'm hoping to be done with 2008 before we board 2011.)

Has there been any discussion about photo sharing after the cruise? Since I missed so much of the chatter in the last 2 threads I have no idea and no time to go back and check.

For the EB in 2008 we had a SmugMug account set up where everyone could share photos from the cruise, as well as pre-cruise meets and time spent in the parks before and after. I went through and downloaded hundreds of beautiful photos that others took - some that I missed myself, others that were better than the ones I took. And now I'm using lots of them as I try to finish scrapping that trip. (I'm hoping to be done with 2008 before we board 2011.)

I don't think there's been any discussion on this but it's a great idea. On our Dec cruise, we sat with 3 of disser's and their families for dinner. We set up a joint account to download photos. It was great because like you, some of theirs were better than ours and some we just missed. I all for it for this this cruise too!

I don't think there's been any discussion on this but it's a great idea. On our Dec cruise, we sat with 3 of disser's and their families for dinner. We set up a joint account to download photos. It was great because like you, some of theirs were better than ours and some we just missed. I all for it for this this cruise too!

I don't remember any discussion about it either, but I think it's a great idea - I'm in. Not familiar with smugmug though; could you say a bit about it?

Please excuse ImprovGal for being late to the Panama Canal cruise thread. She was busy impersonating a Matryoshka in St. Petersburg.
Signed,
Epstein's Mother

Now I can look forward to this cruise! Woohoo!!!
Boy do I have a lot of reading to get caught up. Y'all are too chatty! :)

LindaBabe: I'll be staying off property at Disneyland, too (one of the Sheratons), but am thinking it may be most cost effective to take Disney transfers to one of the "official" hotels and then taxi from there.

GOOD Morning, happy Cruisers!

What shall we talk about today?

When do you think excursions will be posted? It's almost AUGUST!

I don't remember any discussion about it either, but I think it's a great idea - I'm in. Not familiar with smugmug though; could you say a bit about it?
I'm not too familiar with smugmug, either. But what I remember from the last photo-sharing they store photos at original size, you can download for free, you can purchase prints thru them. I know we were asked to contribute a about $10 for the site to be available to only "us" for a year. And at the end of the year everything went away - I know because I procrastinated downloading so much that I was in the middle of going thru all the pics when they went away and missed a few days worth.

I'll look into smugmug's options and also check if there are any other sites that we might want to use.

I'm not too familiar with smugmug, either. But what I remember from the last photo-sharing they store photos at original size, you can download for free, you can purchase prints thru them. I know we were asked to contribute a about $10 for the site to be available to only "us" for a year. And at the end of the year everything went away - I know because I procrastinated downloading so much that I was in the middle of going thru all the pics when they went away and missed a few days worth.

I'll look into smugmug's options and also check if there are any other sites that we might want to use.

cute kid!! and i'll join you in that chocolate!!

There are other sites that are free. I'm not for sure of the storage amounts but I've stored at photobucket and shutterfly both for free and haven't had any problems. I've ordered from shutterfly and have been very happy with the quality of the prints and there is no time limit on the account. I've had my shuttefly account open for years and it has been inactive off and on. I'll check into storage amounts on those and see if it will be satisfactory.

And welcome ImprovGal. Yes, we are a chatty bunch :goodvibes

Please excuse ImprovGal for being late to the Panama Canal cruise thread. She was busy impersonating a Matryoshka in St. Petersburg.
Signed,
Epstein's Mother

Now I can look forward to this cruise! Woohoo!!!
Boy do I have a lot of reading to get caught up. Y'all are too chatty! :)

LindaBabe: I'll be staying off property at Disneyland, too (one of the Sheratons), but am thinking it may be most cost effective to take Disney transfers to one of the "official" hotels and then taxi from there.
Oh no, there goes the thread!

Fish Extender question. Never done one do you divide it into kids, families, adults? What things for adults? No kids here. What about secret Mickey? Was thinking of starting to get some ideas.

How bad would it be to drive from Port to DL? It's about 30 miles. I drive in Orlando successfully.

depending on the day and the time of day and what highways you are taking, anywhere from 30 minutes to 3 hours, and sadly, there is no way to estimate which it will be based on any other pre-given factors (like day of the week, time of day, or specific highway).

go LA traffic!

depending on the day and the time of day and what highways you are taking, anywhere from 30 minutes to 3 hours, and sadly, there is no way to estimate which it will be based on any other pre-given factors (like day of the week, time of day, or specific highway).

go LA traffic!

While yes traffic here us a adventure and a way life, it will not take 3 hours. I live 35 miles from DL. The port is maybe 20. The longest it has ever taken me to get from my apartment to DL is 1 1/2 hours.

There are other sites that are free. I'm not for sure of the storage amounts but I've stored at photobucket and shutterfly both for free and haven't had any problems. I've ordered from shutterfly and have been very happy with the quality of the prints and there is no time limit on the account. I've had my shuttefly account open for years and it has been inactive off and on. I'll check into storage amounts on those and see if it will be satisfactory.
I think one of the reasons we used SmugMug is that photos aren't compressed when uploaded. I know that when I download back from Shutterfly the filesize is different than the original uploaded. For example, I just uploaded a photo that on my computer is 2560x1920 and 1.19MG. But when I downloaded it back to my computer it's 550x400 and 46.2 KB.) In order to get a good quality from the photos you have to order prints from them. But not everyone wants to pay for the prints. With a site that will store original photo size, each individual will get to choose whether or not they want prints from that site, print themselves, or like me use in digital scrapbooks that will get printed later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter